What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Techniques for watering soil scrogs

T

treefrog

Since scrog growers can't lift the pots, we have to come up with other ways to decide when to water. Over the years I have used various techniques like the finger method, as well as various moisture meters. I'm curious about other's methods, so lets hear it!

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I'm in coco right now but I noticed with a smart pot (it's a breathable fabric pot) you can actually feel the wetness of the medium. Should work for soil I guess.

Also, I use a modular scrog - so I can just lift the pot anyway.

T

treefrog

Nice, thanks for the response.
I'm using air-pots right now, so we'll see. I've also done the bottom feeding thing with scrog, which worked well unless top dressing. I used to use treepots, so on those pots I drilled a hole in the side about 2/3rds the way down for a probe-insert... yep, I'm a dirty boy :D

Latest posts

Latest posts