What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

aqua flakes PH wonky 10 hours after mixing, need experienced peeps

So last night i changed my 38 gallon rez and added 8 ml per gallon of Aqua flakes A waited 20 min then added 8ml per gallon of B and let sit for about 45 minutes. At this point the rez's PH was 3.8 so I added about four capfuls or protekt silicone solution to get the PH to 5.7. Then i let sit for about 30 more minutes to make sure it was stable and then added the additives:

15 ml drip clean
38 ml Algen extract
19 ml roots excel
114 ml Multi Zen

So my ph this morning, approximatley 10 hours later is 6.5 and the ppms are at 560 and wheni mixed them they were about 610. I am going to top off with nutrients, but from what most people have told me my PH should have been 5.7 when i woke up after all the adddtives balanced out.

Can anyone share some experience on why my PH is so high this morning. Also water temps are 68 and i got the eco 110l for 18 buckets

highonmt

Veteran
I'm no expert on hydro and it's hard to say what happened but here you go...Do roots look good? no algae? You may just need less ph up say to 5.3 or with all those components you may have caused precipitation of a salt etc. I'd just ph back to 5.7 and see what happens.
HM

Latest posts

Latest posts