What's new

No looking back now...

Absolut

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!! Got things rolling and things are looking good! Been here for a while lurking and occasional posting (that's going to change) but haven't had the means to start a grow until now. Everything is pretty much set up and finally had some time to organize pictures. It's been a crazy journey to this point in my life and I'm excited about what's to come.

Let's get to it. :dance013:
Strains: Satori (seed), Hashberry (seed), AK-Cherry Lime (clone), and Bordello (clone)
Room: 2 GrowLab tents (4x4x6 and 8x4x6)
Lights: Flower- Super Sun 2 hood w/ 600W Hortilux bulb Veg- Two 4ft T5's, Four 54W bulbs in each T5
Air: 6" inline fan cooling Super Sun 2. 6" inline fan exhausting veg room. Various fans inside tents for air movement.
Medium: Moonshine Mix + Dolomite lime @ 1cup/cu.ft(http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=23970)
Pots: Smart Pots
Feed: Using water obtained from a mountain spring. 1 cup/cu ft. of Happy Frog:Fruit and Flower will be added to flowering pots. Blackstrap molasses will be used throughout the grow.

Still have to upload some pictures of the room and equipment. Soooo let's start out with Satori since I have pics of that.

I germed 6 seeds in pots bought from Walmart (will never use them again). Used straight 100% FF:Light Warrior. Watered with the spring water (was not pHed).

6 days later the first one popped out!

picture.php

A few hours later the second one emerged. Out of 6 seeds only 3 of them popped. I'm guessing it's because I had some serious temp fluctuations during the germ period. :wallbash:That shouldn't be a problem now.

picture.php

:Bolt: Fast forward 4 days. They look real nice. Not too much stretching or leaning.

picture.php

I pretty much named them with numbers according to the order they popped out.

Here's #1 four days after popping.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll be back soon to post some pictures of the tent and stuff.

Absolut

Back again! Took some pics of the tents and whatnot.

Here's the Flowering tent (4x4x6) Couldn't get a far shot of it:

Inside the flowering tent. The tent has 3 mesh intake vents which you can cover with the flaps. Has a bunch of holes with sleeves for air circulation or electrical cords.

picture.php

Closeup of the top half of the tent. The light is being held up by some XRT Pro grib cable pulley things. Holds a lot of weight and moving the light up and down is easier than ever.

picture.php

picture.php

The Veg tent (7'11"x 3'11"x6') is the same thing just 2x bigger. More venting holes and flaps. Doors are a little more cumbersome to handle but the velcro straps everywhere help to hold it up virtually anywhere I need.

Inside the tent. Hopefully in a month the 2nd half of the tent will look green. Later when I have more plants going, I'll fold that 'divider' down. That divider is actually the floor mat inside the tent.

picture.php

The two T5 lights. These lights are actually keeping the entire tent warm. Even with 2 fans blowing on them the temp usually stays at a stable 78-82 F.

Here are the fans inside the veg tent. What's that in the middle you say?? Well that's my ghetto rigged humidifier which is actually doing a great job. :tiphat:

picture.php

Here's that molasses. So far the plants seem to love it. The Satoris get 1 tsp./gal. every other watering. The others get 1tsp/gal. every watering.

The clones started to show some deficiencies so Happy Frog: Fruit and Flower was added. Would have used the All purpose (5-5-5) but the store didn't have any at the time. Only added about 1/2 the amount recommended for top soil feeding. Plants looked healthier and greener a week after they were top fed.

P

~pHaNtOm~

looking great so far..pulling up a chair for this one :dance013:
one question..why not flower in the bigger tent and veg in the smaller one?
make sure you let your pots dry out 100% before you water again the first pics look a tad over watered but seem to be doing better now

goodluck and keep us posted :smoker:

Absolut

Eh, I thought about that for a long time. I figured if I flowered in the bigger room I'll have to get another light and ballast and more fans.

I'm also growing mainly for head stash so I don't need as many plants flowering. In the long run I was planning on have a perpetual garden going. Having the bigger tent for veg would be advantageous b/c I can keep several mothers, freshly cut clones, clones growing for weeks, and clones ready to go into the flowering tent. Doing all this in the smaller tent would be harder I felt with the lack of space. Either way I think I can fit up to 9 really good size plants in the flowering tent.

Hank Hemp

Veteran
Watch the ferts. You don't generslly need to use any ferts in the first two weeks. So be careful. You don't want any burn. Time will take care of most growing problems. Don't over water. Plants don't need for you to do something everyday now OK? Larger area for flowering also, would be wise.

Absolut

Watch the ferts. You don't generslly need to use any ferts in the first two weeks. So be careful. You don't want any burn. Time will take care of most growing problems. Don't over water. Plants don't need for you to do something everyday now OK? Larger area for flowering also, would be wise.

Thanks for the tips HH.

Not using any ferts for veg except the molasses. The Happy Frog: FF is only being used when I transplant the girls for flowering.

Still debating if I should swap the rooms. Initially I wanted to use the bigger tent as the flower room but things ended up differently.

Absolut

you should cheek out my thread in my sig. i do a perpetual with tents,.

Looking good dude! You have any downtime in the flowering room or is it always flowering plants?

Well got some more pictures uploaded.

The Satoris are looking great after 6 and 13 days. The 2nd batch of Satoris popped after 4-5 days. They were germed 10 days after the 1st.

1st batch @ 6 days

picture.php

Here's the ladies @ 13

picture.php

Closeup of #1 @ 13 days

picture.php

It's truly amazing how fast they grow. You can definitely notice changes in just 1 day. I wish I could time lapse a single plant in the same spot from seed to harvest. I could honestly sit and watch the plants grow for hours...

Absolut

Alright so about 20 days after the 1st batch of Satoris, got some clones. AK-Cherry Lime, never heard of this strain/pheno. I've only heard of the AK-47 Cherry pheno but not a cherry lime one, maybe it's the same thing. Hopefully it lives up to its name.

The Bordello (Blackberry Apocolypse(nebus) x Alexis) I've heard great things about. Keeping one of these as a mother to clone off of.

So after about 27 days from popping, the Satoris looked really bad. Transplanting was done later than I would've liked b/c I didn't have 1gal SmartPots at the time. The first 3 Satoris were very rootbound. The 2nd batch in the beer cups were also pretty rootbound but weren't suffering like the other 3.

Satori #1 roots:

Before:

picture.php

After:

picture.php

Here's one of the AK's. The clones were transplanted 9 days after I got them. Don't have any pictures of the roots but that tiny pot was filled with roots EVERYWHERE.

picture.php

Absolut

awesome setup, looking forward to follow your grow

Thanks for the words. You have no idea how much fun I am having. Watching the plants progress everyday is a sight to see. New growth turns to big leaves in a matter of days. Stalks get THICK like it's going out of style.

It's going to be nice to get some grow experience. After seeing how hardy these plants are, it'll be amazing when I can grow them without stress and the perfect nute schedule.

Being a first time grower I ran into a little speed bump. I expect some minor mistakes along the way (under/overwatering, etc.) but this one scared me a little. Thankfully, the girls accepted my apology and got back on track.

Here are some before/after pics of Satoris #1-3. Day 0 pictures were taken immediately after transplanting.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The other Satoris took the transplant well. They were root bound in the beer cups after about 1.5 weeks. Next time I'm going to transplant a lot sooner.

#6 has some wrinkled leaves from the seed hull that took forever to come it. Once it did. that leaf just exploded.

picture.php

Absolut

lol some of them are so weird.

setup is super neat, on your way to the dank

Yea some of them do look a little funny. But I will love them all the same.

I really hope I can make it through flowering without any major problems. The room gets a little warm during the day (81-83 F) but other than that I don't see any other problems.

Well here's a quick shot of the girls at day 31.

picture.php

Absolut

Hey everybody, hope things are going well on your end. Things are looking great on mine.

Picked Satori #3 to be my clone mother since she looked and grew the best. She has a great wonderful smell which I can only describe as a coffee smell with a spicy undertone. Really excited about how she will flower.

picture.php

The other Satoris look OK but I do need to transplant them into some 3gal SmartPots. It's been about 25 days in the 1gal SmartPots so I'm guessing they need more space and food.

Here's #1. Still the smallest due to the stress early on. I'm probably going to grow it out and practice LST or something with it.

Satori #2 was put into the flowering tent. She took the move very well and started stretching after a couple days. It's amazing how fast and dramatically they change from the veg state. The nodes were just as tight as #3 (mother) but now you can see how airy it got. She has a very similar smell to #3 but it's definitely getting stronger everyday.

picture.php

picture.php

Absolut

Nice ladies....grow on

Thanks dude. That's exactly what I'm going to do. Never had so much fun just watching a plant grow.

Things are going great in the flowering room. The plants stopped the initial stretch and started packing on the buds!

Here they are at day 13:

picture.php

Top view of AK #1
picture.php

Here's a closeup of the top bud. They are starting to emit a slight scent but it's hard to pinpoint it. It just smells 'green' right now, nothing skunky or fruity yet.
picture.php

Side shot of AK #1. Over the 2 weeks it definitely filled out the branches with new growth and BUDS! The AK's didn't stretch like the Bordello did, they mainly grew bushier.

The AK#2 looks almost identical as #1. Both are growing great and are packing on bud weight everyday. Looking forward to the 1st explosive bud growth!!!

Not much difference in appearance from the top.

picture.php

This top bud looks like it's going to be gaining some serious weight.

picture.php

It's incredible how dense they've gotten. If you look down from the tops, you can hardly see the top of the pot. Here's a look from the bottom to the top, you can really see the foliage using up any and all light that is available. It's a jungle in there!!

picture.php

The Bordello is going full steam ahead. It did some serious stretching the first week but now buds are popping up everywhere.

Looks just as dense as the AK's from the top.

picture.php

From the side you can tell it's a lot more branchy and generally bigger sections between nodes.

picture.php

Lighting here sucks, but a look at the top bud of Bordello.

picture.php

The Satori was flipped a week ago. It looks really healthy and stretched like crazy. It's nearly caught up to the Bordello in terms of height. Unlike the AK's and Bordello, the Satori definitely has a stronger smell. Smells like a spicy green plant with hints of sweet/berry tones. Really excited for smells actual buds will bring.

Topview

You can see the how much it stretched. That middle section just kept growing and growing.

picture.php

Still too early to sex. All I can see right now are just new growth tips. Expecting preflowers to show in a week or so. It's hard to tell from the pic but I love how the nodes look. Looks like water filled muscles or something.

picture.php