What's new

Anyone seen any good Turkish hashish around the Dam lately?

B

British_Bulldog

High all,

I'll be off to the Dam in a few weeks and mainly focusing on good dark hashes (Nepalese Polm and Indian charas), but would also like to try some decent Turkish hash as it's quite rare and I can't recall having the pleasure.

I found this pic on smokersguide.com, but it's from way back in '04:

turk.jpg

Hopefully there's some decent stuff around at the mo',

Many thanks,

Peace

K

Karma Genetics

Last decent turk i smoked (in holland) was 10 years ago atleast.

Its already rare these days to find any turk, when you do its those smaller rockhard black plates.

In turkey they produce much less then years ago. Turkish are hard on the hashish scene in turkey.

Good turk is very stoned smoke, defantly not for the High looking folks.

Antoine Mack

Cannasseur extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i´ve smoked some nice turkish hash,i think,two or three years ago
in a coffeeshop called 'nobody´s place',which i used to vist quite
frequently.but it´s located in small town called venlo lying at the
dutch/german border.
as far as i remember it wasn´t bad,but mor like marrocan or lebanese,
instead of the darker ones from nepal,afghanistan,a.s.o..also forgot
how it was called there.the name as far as i remember was some
kind of fantasy name.but i asked the tender,where it´s originated
and he told me,that it was from turkey.
back in the day,long before my time,there was some stuff called
"grüner türke"(german for green turk or turkish),which was kind of
crap,real crap,almost pure green dust with just enough resin,so
it sticks together a lil bit,hence the name.

so much words,so lil help(if at all)
sry
hope it helped anyhow

Last edited:
B

British_Bulldog

Hi and thanks for the replies,

It's a shame there isn't any Turkish hash in the Dam at the moment, as I'd have liked to have tried it, but thanks Antoine for the Venlo info ;) I'll see if I can find any the next time in that part of the Netherlands.

All the best

H

Hazyfontazy

there was a huge bust in turkey not so long ago ,literally hundreds of farmers and miles of farmland ,,not sure on figures ,but damge was huge to the supplies ,doubt there will be any exported for quite a while

the last time i seen nice turk was in piccaso on the harlemmerstraat in about 2005.It was very good smoke i am sure you can get some at the kashmir lounge but cheak it first if its old give it a skip they got plenty of other good resin to choose from

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Only place I ever saw it was The Grasshopper. Yes, that place... Two years in a row... They had some. Interestingly different.

B

British_Bulldog

Hi stasis - The Grasshopper's definately one of the last places I'd expect to find some good import hash, lol

It's cool that you smoked the Turkish though - what were your thoughts on it?

Thanks Wolpertinger - I was going to try there anyway as JB72 mentioned it earlier, but it's good to hear that there's a definate chance of some being there when I visit :)

Peace

jinx 420

What is the difference on the colors in hash,dark better than a lighter hash?I am arriving on the 18th and would love to try some good hash for once,after reading all these posts I know where to get hash,but what should I try?I smoke bud everyday so I want something really different.Last what are some of the best sativas in the dam?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Totally BB...! I liked it --- it was blackish and greasy.... Earthy flavour.

jinx 420

thank you Karma,how about the hash,what is the color difference,is one a body/head high the other stoned "couchlock" and what should I try?

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I would be very interested to hear back from anyone who is successful in this as I'm somewhat doubtful that good turkish hash can be found with ease... but I WANT TO BELIEVE ! ..so please, share your experiances :D

edit - sidenote, I DO believe that there is good turkish hashish here in NL, I just think it's very likely that the turkish guys are smoking it and not selling the good bits on.. I would prefer to be proved wrong though :)

my own experiance of turkish hash (cyprus '91) is that its very much like (very) high grade morrocan, chocolate brown but all the way through not just the outside... a very strong euphoric/trippy high with full body stone.... happy times :)

i have always wondered about turkish hash.i would like to travel to turkey to check the hash scene out but i cant find any good info the subject.anybody any info?the hippie trail passed threw turkey but i have never read or heard anything on the hashish.RESINSEEKER

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
I think local laws and attitudes in turkey very much limit the supply to anyone who's not connected... what I hope is that "outside" of turkey, suppliers are easier able to ply their trade and so make it available to the odd coffeeshop etc... I'm sure there must be some here, theres a huge turkish population here in NL afterall and the lads love their hashish :)

again I would be very interested to hear about any travels to turkey and experiances of the scene there, as my understanding is based purely on hearsay* :)

*nothing would make me happier than someone to join this thread and say "hey shooey, thats all wrong man, I knw the hash you mean and its all over town for 5 euros per"...same with the high grade charras... which also seems to be evading me ;)

B

British_Bulldog

Yeah man, it's gonna be great if it's possible to find some nice Turkish and also some top charas in the Dam this month :smoker:

Peace