What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

An example of Cannabis ignorance...

TexasToker

This is an email I received from a friend of the family after I told her some statistics of American prisons, the cost of the war on drugs, the % of Texas for Medi-pot laws(75%), etc.

She had sent me some crazy right-wing B.S. about persecuting minor offenses, so I replied and this is what I got back.

"XXXXXX XXXXXX (she used my first and last name like I was a child)! What is up with that statement - marijuana is as dangerous as any other drug and causes people to become lazy ass's, under achievers, act like idiots, leads to using harder drugs and most dealers dont and wont just deal marijuana - they deal anything else too.

I am involved with a parent group monthly and attend drug awareness programs and more importantly have worked on an inpatient unit and saw where most marijuana users end up in their life after 55 years of life
(if you are 55+ and at an inpatient program, i doubt cannabis sent you there) they end up being bums. They dont want to do anything but lay around their house.

And the laws have changed - if you have under an ounce you dont go to jail unless you are under the influence while driving a vehicle."
(innacurate, it is the officer's discretion, and I have no clue why she flip-flopped by telling about a new better law)

"Drug dealers should be sent away for Life without parole or given the death sentence - I think the death sentence because they dont even know how many people they have killed."

She then called my mother, who called me laughing. My mother told her "Well, he is stating facts, and this is something he knows a lot about, and is passionate about, I would not try to debate this with him since you most likely will lose."

As you can tell by her message to me, she is an epitome of the years of anti-marijuana propaganda the U.S. has shoved down her throat.

My mother is funny because she knows how much it helps me, even her arthritis with a cream I make, but she does not 100% support my use of it.

Out of the blue she asks "Are you growing it?!?" "Nope." "Where do you get it?!?Do you drive out to the streets of Dallas to get it from some drug dealer?" "I am getting it from the safest place you can get it, trust me."

I convinced her not to worry, and am pretty sure she knows where I get it, but I saved her from hearing that I grow my own.

Most people that are against it, know nothing of it. In this case, ignorance is not bliss (except for my mother).

M

Marywanna

Better not to tell. You aren't going to change her mind,thats for sure. Hope she doesn't call the cops "for your own good". Nosy people,they should mind their own business.

TexasToker

Oh, she (mother's friend) has no clue I grow or even partake really. If you are referring to my own mother turning me in...lol. not a chance.

stc9357

Half of my family I don't debate with them, just like I don't debate about religion with them I just tune it out or if I go to church it's under the influence of mj.

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
when i hear people like this... it makes me sad... These people are suppose to smart.. How do smart people get brainwashed?

why is it that most "smart people" are drunks? They will bitch about cannabis up and down how itll kill you and soon you be sucking cock for crack... They usually say this slurping down a fifth of wiskey or a bottle of wine...(cause wine is more sophisticated and then your not a alcoholic for some odd reason...)

if i had people like this in my family i would NEVER talk to them... These are the same people that will send you to prison "for your own good" and then think that they did something amazing for you and go back to their bottle and drown out their life...

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
The problem with lazyness and mj is it makes you alittle more lazy... true.. I SMOKE MORNING NOON AND NIGHT.... i get more shit done then more people by far...

lazy people are lazy what the excuse for the bums and lazy fucks that dont smoke?

anything bad happens and the person smokes weed its AUTOMATICALLY the WEEDS fault...makes me sick.

i wish theer wasnt such a double standard...

people should be like man johnny just made 3mil dollars this year is so smart and he smokes weed... MAN IT MUST BE THE WEEDS FAULT JOHNY DID SO GOOD!!!

wouldnt that be nice not to have that double standard...

lets start saying all the GOOD shit in life is contributed to weed not all the bad...

TexasToker

I smoke all day every day. If I did not, I would sit on the couch or lay in bed because of headaches from my brain injury, or back pain from the same incident. It makes me useful. My only income is my Disability checks from the VA and Social Security, if i did not grow my own, I could not afford to medicate.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
When there is no one left to judge the righteous will fall into chaos and justice will mimmick there insanity.
Give them a leader and you have a cult.
Give them guidance and you have religion.
Give them nothing and you have freedom.

buckeye-leaf

cannabis enthusiast
Veteran
i have a friend that always asks man are you stoned.....he doesnt smoke but in the morning when hes puking from drinking too much and i have a smile on my face seems some would understand. but its still illegal and thats why most fear it.

skunktoker

I work out 5 days a week lifting weights stretching I have a workout room in my house that has more equipment then most gyms I run at least 10 miles a week I swim at least 30-45 minutes each day I never eat past 8pm I wake up everyday at 5am no matter what time I go to bed I dont drink alcohol except my one glass of wine a day I smoke pot all day but I always get things done ...but your so correct about the ignorance of most people only cause thats what they have read or been told they actually believe this about smokers and thier just plain wrong..................ST

havalota

She is a right wing fanatic? Just ask her to point out where in the constitution it gives the government any authority to control what free men/women put into their own bodies, be it harmful or not. That ought to shut her up. It is about freedom and who owns your body!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Ask her about the licensed drug dealers (doctors and Pharmacies) all over the place that dispense drugs made by the big pharmaceutical companies that have so many people addicted.......waaay more people are addicted to so called legal drugs (alcohol, tobacco, uppers-downers, round-and-rounders...lol) then ever could be to what are deemed illegal drugs.....

......and that just prooves the hypocritical attitude of most societies who deem one drug legal and the other illegal just so that they can make money at both ends of the spectrum........at one end the Pharmie companies, the breweries and wineries and distilliaries and tobacco companies make fortunes every day from selling addictive drugs........and on the other end law enforcement, the privatized prisons and the whole legal-judicial food-chain feeds off those who become victims of what basically is a victimless crime........where MJ is concerned.....

TexasToker

Ask her about the licensed drug dealers (doctors and Pharmacies) all over the place that dispense drugs made by the big pharmaceutical companies that have so many people addicted.......waaay more people are addicted to so called legal drugs (alcohol, tobacco, uppers-downers, round-and-rounders...lol) then ever could be to what are deemed illegal drugs.....

......and that just prooves the hypocritical attitude of most societies who deem one drug legal and the other illegal just so that they can make money at both ends of the spectrum........at one end the Pharmie companies, the breweries and wineries and distilliaries and tobacco companies make fortunes every day from selling addictive drugs........and on the other end law enforcement, the privatized prisons and the whole legal-judicial food-chain feeds off those who become victims of what basically is a victimless crime........where MJ is concerned.....

Gypsy brother, you are right, I know this shit, but ya know when you reach a point and you just can't fight any more(where you talk to brick walls)? Without being too obvious, i organize huge walks, i promote/support house bills, I come close to harassment with senators and representatives, sometimes a warrior is exhausted, but never quits.

i have lived in many countries from Andalucia, Spain, to a secret place in Cyprus to a South American island. America is so backwards it is ridiculous. If I never left America, I would be the same sheep as they all are.

I jsut got back from the bars and am tired, pissed and gonna smoke. G'night brothers.

*I am pretty d-runk at the moment which is rare for me since I used to be a pretty bad boozer at one point. Some times...it is good to drink your sorrows. I have issues, you (the reader) has issues...I dealt with my demons tonight.

foo_bird

1969 LA Trade Tech taking motorcycle repair
burning one between classes in the parking lot
an this older biker dude walks over someone
goes to hand him the joint an he says "that shits
bad for you" I said "you mean like tobacco" he goes
"when I was in jail everybody I met was in for smoking
pot I've smoked it and it ain't worth going to jail for"
so I asked "what where you in jail for"
he said "I got drunk n hit a cop" I said "you said you have
smoked pot now if you where high on pot instead of
drunk would you have hit the cop?" he goes "hell no
that shit don't make you stupid its just illegal"

These are the same people that will send you to prison "for your own good" and then think that they did something amazing for you and go back to their bottle and drown out their life...

yea bro, fuck them, they only bring trouble, i dont even start debates with this kind of people, especially about subject like that...