What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Is it just me?

O

o.sparkles

I prefer dry hash, even a tiny green tinge is ok. I like it where you can fluff it onto a bowl. Bubble is ok but I get way heavy hitting that. Sometimes you just want to add a few trichs to the bowl.

Or, you can put a chamber over your bongstem and puff the incense into a frenzy and get straight shotgunned hits everytime.

Papulz

lover of all things hashlike
Veteran
dry extract is all too elusive these days in my realm.. but when its here its usually not completely outrageous.. maybe 20 to 30 per g depending on purity

much less $ on the coast of course

O

o.sparkles

I guess to me it just tastes more like weed. All the best stuff about weed with little edge or zinginess. Almost like smoking happy opium. The bubble has potency but how potent do you need?

ZEROorDIE

love me some drysift. so hard to find around here though, gotta make my own. although the taste of some primo heady nug is too good to pass up.

hash just never really took off in the states like it did in europe.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I love hash and miss it since we dont get it by us. Thats why yo have to make it and I do at every chanc i get. I've tried bubble, BHO, dry sift and blade hash but dry sift is by far my favorite. Just having a nice pile of resin, running a single finger to collect all of it and let the pressing begin. I like kief also its a big difference i feel between the two especially if the hash is aged. I'm still more fond of dry sift pressed and aged... I did used to get a nice kief for $30 a gram a while ago

uglybunny

Hmm ok, so maybe this is a dumb question but is dry sift the same thing as kief? If it is, I do sometimes prefer it..I got some lavender kief at a dispensary that was delicious. It smelled like sweet buds and domed me hard.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
dry sift hash & kif are different products. Dry sift is resin only (when properly done), but kif, beside being the name of the plant in Rif, is done by chopping up the flowers, which are then mixed with some homegrown black tobacco, to be smoked with a sebsi pipe.

"kief" is a distorted fancy name used invented the US for dry sift powder

Irie !

ZEROorDIE

i keep a sharpstone grinder for grinding up only grade A herb since it has such a fine screen. when i press all the trichs i get some of the tastiest hash

its always about a months worth of different kind of heady nugget so it always gets you a differnt kind of "oh shit im really high". sometimes its couchlock sometimes ai just wanna get out and go do shit.

i love hash

jump117

Veteran
... is dry sift the same thing as kief? ...
dry sift hash & kif are different products. Dry sift is resin only (when properly done), but kif, beside being the name of the plant in Rif, is done by chopping up the flowers, which are then mixed with some homegrown black tobacco, to be smoked with a sebsi pipe. ...
This is an intriguing ethno-linguistic mental shot illustration. Thank you!

But that doesn't mean the modern understanding of this word out of Marocco have to be the same.

I'm sure the modern worldwide accepted single meaning for "kief, kif, keef, ..." is dry sift.

It consists of resin glands, trich stalks, other plant material of a suitable size, and all the junk they/you/me could catch from outside.

Thus the term "resin" used to name a dry sifted kief have to be corrected.

Resin is a sticky secretion of the glands.

Latest posts

Latest posts