What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Best Reflector for FLOWERING

KongoBam

I have a 13x13 room with 10 foot ceiling. I was going to use 6 parabolics, but i keep hearing they arent the best.
I keep hearing the Magnum XXXL Reflector with 8" Air Cooling Vents is the best. Is 6 of these magnums enough? My goal here is yield not product. Maybe 9 hoods idk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I will be planting in beds 2 feet deep. Or in pots that are 8 inches wide and 1.5 feet deep. thanks

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
I have a 13x13 room with 10 foot ceiling. I was going to use 6 parabolics, but i keep hearing they arent the best.
I keep hearing the Magnum XXXL Reflector with 8" Air Cooling Vents is the best. Is 6 of these magnums enough? My goal here is yield not product. Maybe 9 hoods idk. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I will be planting in beds 2 feet deep. Or in pots that are 8 inches wide and 1.5 feet deep. thanks

I like horizontal bulbs in parabolics.. As long as you dont have heat issues, its a great reflector.

No glass, the spread on this is awesome, without being excessive like a vertical bulb in a parabolic.

I've noticed that some horizontals reflectors can make hotspots, so just going by lumens/footcandles.. directly under the reflector isn't always a great indicator of how effective it is. IMHO.

Growing style dictates what kind of reflector you will use.. Some styles dont even need a reflector.

dmt

Veteran
the word "best" is horrible at worst to describe something objective, but hear it is.

600w hps "adjust a wing super spreader" , d

KongoBam

Thanks for the replies and links. Im thinking one Magnum XXXL reflector is perfect for a 4x4 area. So, 6 in my 13x13 room sounds nice to me. From what i have been reading it should be plenty of light.
At the same time some people think 6 parabolics are better. SO IM TORN BETWEEN THE TWO STILL. I CANT DECIDE YET.......

It really depends on your style of grow. A vertical coliseum or tree style grow seems to be most efficient and best use of space, using either bare bulbs or cooltubes hung vertical. You get 100% of the light directly to the plant without having to jack around with reflectors.

Plus, with trees you still get a high yield but keep your plant count down if that´s an issue.

Directrix

yeah it definitely depends how you're growing your babies and how many lights you have.

I've seen a great solo cup SOG under one of these...

Reflectors%20-%207Ft%20Para.jpg

it just totally depends what your style is man.

KongoBam

Room is 13x13
If I had 6 hoods that were 3 feet wide thats only 9 feet. Im worried about the gaps between reflectors.

Im begining to think 8 Magnum XXXl hoods and have the 1 to 2 foot walking space in the middle is best.

0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0

walk in the middle. 2 12.5 foor beds with 4000 watts over each one.

Does this seem good to everyone?

KongoBam

Details of my room

Details of my room

I should have been more clear on how im growing.
I have a completely seperat veg room.
I veg for two month which is the exact same time as my flowering stage.
When i transfer my veged plants into my flower room (which is 13x13) they are 3ft tall some a few inches less. I do 200 at a time. I have 2 beds that are just over 12 ft long. They are just shy of 2 ft deep. i have 12" intake and outtake.

I use Advanced Nutrients and Fox Farm. I am looking for yield more than quality.

Maybe 4gallon pots is easier and would be the same yield idk. i plant my plants around 6 inches apart and clip off all the fan leaves so light can get to the foot of the plants.

I dont know if i should use parabolics or magnumXXl hoods.
Parabolics are cheaper and i allready have them. I can only fit 6 though. With the magnum hoods i can have 4 over each 12 foot bed. Magnums are twice as much but is it worth it as far as yield goes.

I dont have my own style yet, i have been getting just over 1.30 ounces per plant wich is almsot 1.5 lbs per light with the parabolics. I would like to get more if possible. Myplants are a bit over 4 feet tall when they are harvested so i would like to have smaller plants but not lose yield. I just am not that experiencedyet thats all

I hope this clears everything up. Sorry everyone

GrowerGoneWild

Veteran
yeah it definitely depends how you're growing your babies and how many lights you have.

I've seen a great solo cup SOG under one of these...

Reflectors%20-%207Ft%20Para.jpg

it just totally depends what your style is man.

Well, that is similar to what I'm running.

Cept I got weed in mine :)

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ok, the hoods that you want are better for vegging IMO. For flowering get sum adjust-a-wings, they are hands down the best.

If you are air cooling, get a Radiant (by hydrofarm), or a Super Sun 2 (by sun systems). These are both much better than the magnum xxxl, providing more intense, evenly spread light. This has been proven. Check pico's thread seriously.

KongoBam

I was just going to air cool because of the magnums. I have always wondered how adjust a wings worked. You say they are the best huh?
8 adjust a wings is what you would use?

0 0
0 0
0 0
0 0

like that with walking space in the middle? They are so cheap also

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I think anyone who has tried them will agree AdjustAWings are best. I own parabolics, magnums, super suns, radiants, and none have a better spread than the AAW. Only problem is no air-cooling, not a problem for me tho.

Arrange them just like u said. U will be needing sunglasses in there lol

KongoBam

Cooling isnt a problem for me either. Huh never thought of adjust a wing. Ill look into it. Who is this PICO guy lol is that his name or his threads name? I searched pico and nothing with his name came up...?

TLoft13

You didn't come up with anything searching for pico? I need to fire my manager.
If you ask me you need titties. Look in any cannabis-magazine
and you will see it is apparently impossible to sell something today without large amount of titties.

S

sparkjumper

I run 3 vertizontals like directx they are best for flowering large or small plants IMO,especially uncooled ina sealed room with co2 enrichment