What's new

CFL Speaker nano grow

dimbe280

Hello everyone, this is my first grow. I am trying to grow in the old speaker, my English is not so good, do not hold it against me.

Dimensions:
Internal dimensions are 15x23x43cm speakers.

Light:
I placed 3-CFL 6400k 8W, 24W total power.

Fans:
2 input, 1 output (9 inch pc fans).

Soil:
Tera - Magma

Genetics: Unknown

Temperature speaker is 26 to 27 degrees Celsius.

The cfl-s are mounter on the back cover of the the speaker vertically. You will notice that there are 4 bulb sockets, I left them just in case :).

Pictures:

ICAN

pretty cool DIY, creative :) :artist:

Keep us updated on pics if you will, I'm curious to see how 24watts will do.

Do you have any plans for a carbon scrubber?

dimbe280

Yes, I plan to put it, but i need some stuff before I can do that, I need to buy some tools and some materials before I can do that.

I also plan to incorporate a CO2 bottle with yeast.

are 4200K lights any good for flowering ?

ICAN

I was considering the sugar and yeast CO2 also, at least for seedling stage. I'd like to see some side-by-side comparisons of plants with the CO2 and without, to know how much it really helps.

As for 4200 I haven't seen anyone else use them. But 4100 can grow very well, so 4200 is pretty close. The "high-pod" thread shows what 4100 can do
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=92259

dimbe280

I uppgraded the box a little, i put pc fans to blow and cool down neon lamps.

here are pics:

thx for the link, it was quite helpfull :)

hey man, you may want to turn one of the intake fans into an exhaust fan or you risk having a positive pressure inside which will result in air being pushed out of cracks and not through your future carbon scrubber

dimbe280

its still too early for carbon filter, but when the time comes I will liste to your addvice :)

I plann to go Scorg with 2 plants, with 20-25 days of veg.

dimbe280

i upgraded the box, ther's 2 cfl 23w (one 6500k one 2700k)
temp. is 26-27 at 'day' time.
Bigger plant is female.

34 day:
15 day on 12/12
the smaller plant is 14 days old

dimbe280

I uppgraded box, i added cfl 20w 2700k and some vents, temp. inside is 28* celsiuse.
total light 66W:

23w 6500k
23w 2700k
20w 2700k

pics.

Joeski

looking good for such a small space.. what you hoping to yield off that? maybe 7 grams dry?

stables

Nice set up, maybe get stronger exhaust for more light. You should "sog" next time, get a second speaker for veg. Any guesstimants to the duration of flowering? looking good. Cheers

dimbe280

im sorry i dont speek english well, i dont know what guesstimants means ?
if u mean did i fertilaze, yes i did, twice, on 16 days with fertilazer for flowering

bigger box is in plan, there is no more room for more lights, maybe i will make room for another cfl but that would be in the next grow, next time it will be lemon skunk or early california

Latest posts

Latest posts