What's new

Cure b4 Hash?

highbrid1

I was wondering if people see any use to curing their bud before making hash out of it. I know the flavor and potency of bud changes with a cure but am not sure if this carries over to the hash. Whatcha think?

Also, Im interested in hearing anybody's recommendations for a good hash machine, something good for making quantities of high quality hash.

Gracias

Cutty

I don't cure at all, but it depends on how you are making it.

Kief screen

or

Bubble bags?

For bags I take my wet trim, put it in a bag and freeze it, then proceed to process with ice water.

If you were rolling it over a screen I would dry it and then still freeze it before processing.

No need to cure if you're making it for hash, just make sure it's pretty dry.

Moroccan hash is never cured and just sits out in the open air til its bone dry until its ready to be shaken thru the sieve.

For Bubble Bags (eg. water extraction), Cutty's got the method :)

Freezing the buds prior helps ALOT.

Last edited:

Euphrates

I've wondered this too, Would cured bud make more potent hash than uncured bud ?

Do the characteristics (of the high) carry on from the strain to the hash, or is some of that lost in the processing ?

Funny, I just started a thread yesterday asking the question does curing increase THC levels?

You may try to check out the thread but I'm still waiting for some hard numbers instead of theory. Without proper lab equipment, this may be hard to determine.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
id say for sure ,, make your hash from fresh green leavy stuffs and thats what your gunna get the taste of .... make it from tastier cured bud and thats what your gunna taste ...

highbrid1

so we have varying opinions here........

my situation is that I made the mistake of keeping one Chemdog DD in a flowering room with a bunch of others. The Chemdog DD hermied and pollinated all the other plants, leaving me with a shitload of seeded dank. I figured my best bet for salvaging the grow was making a shitload of hash. I think I'll jar it all for 3 weeks then make some bubble hash.

On the topic of curing and potency, the THC content does not increase, but does alter during the curing process. I know the high of fresh cut bud is generally more "up" like a sativa and tends to even out during the cure. Starches convert to sugar and chlorophyll breaks down causing the bud to be smoother. This probably applies to hash bud as well.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
Definitely better cured. Especially dry sift.

I've just dried some bits for making sift with later on... are you saying jar up the trim and burp it? or jar up the sift and burp that? or its both the same? (assuming I dont press it)

hemp23

Also when your curing your continuing to convert the non-psychoactive THC into psycoactive THC that you want.

SuperConductor

Veteran
I just use some tupperware (more shallow than jars) Jamie and burp for a week or so then just leave it for another week or so the longer the better tho. The trichs get properly dry so they're easier to harvest more of the good quality stuff. Curing afterwards will make it better still yeah.