What's new

Damn it!!!

G

Well I just got a visit from the truant officer.
I don't know if your like me, but I freak out any time that someone with a badge shows up at my house.
My son has been home sick since Wed 12-14 with the flu. I could not get my son to the Doctor until today due to my car being broke down and me having to spend $1,600 to get the damned thing fixed.

I explained that my son was sick to the truant officer and he talked a little while. And he told me that he didn't care one way or the other.
He also said that it boils down to money for the district.
The Texas School system gets $75.00 per ass in the seat.

Anyway I took the note down to the school and told them to keep the truant officer off my ass.

Think about it, I have a son who is retarded and they are just warehousing the kid, he really isn't learning anything.....

Sorry folks, I had to vent somewhere.

Peace,
Dankdude

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Vent away dankdude, thats why we are family here, sorry for being hassled by the "man" !!..that sucks, they really have truant officers around still?!!? wow

G

Yeah they still have truant officers in Texas.... Sucks.

I calmed down by the time I went to the school, I had full intentions of going down there and shoving the Dr.'s note up the princibles ass.

I don't know who these idiots think they are trying to intimidate me, considering that the school system in California was scared shitless of me....
I digress.... But yes I'm still pissed.

mean mr.mustard

I Pass Satellites
Veteran
That is the worst possible thing that schools could be doing... I can't believe that he would tell you it didn't matter either way. I would have asked if he was trying to get me to bribe him, rudely usher him out of my door, and called the principal and demanded that the next time he wants someone to do his "dirty work" he can just come himself :D Truant officers should be a thing of the past. I know what they teach kids today, nothing but how to pay taxes and smile. History is history, and civics is uncivil. It ain't what it used to be... :badday:

G

Well he got no bribe from me.... We is Po' folks around here.
I think that is the Princible had come here, he would have to show up with the sherriff.
Because it would be all I could do to keep from breaking the idiots jaw.

I think the fact that he's the Pricible and the High School Basket Ball coach gives him an inflated sence of self importance...

Hell I was calling the school all last week and telling them he was home sick and could not get him to the doctor because the car was broke down and the road was like a ice skating rink. and the nearest Doctor is 16 miles away.

Maybe I just need to do like I did in Cali, walk into the school and voice my complaint and when they patternize me, grab someone and drag them across the counter and get in their face. For some reason in Cali it showed them I meant business.

I guess this shows that I'm not a person people want to anger..... Just blowing off steam.

Did I mention that I'm a single parent?

Last edited:
G

I feel for ya Dankdude, I like in Texas also, and just got through with 2 court visits for my son being truant. Judge told me I was walking on "thin Ice" after I had my say about the schools here....and the school districts truancy administrator (who lied and influenced the judges decision).

Keep your head up bro.

G

Well they are still on my Christmas Mailing List.....

487personal_card.jpg

Last edited:

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
What happened to the old days where parents would call the school and tell them the kids were sick?

G

I was about to say, you will end up in court faster then you can blink your eyes. Im in my 20's so it wasnt to long ago I was having fun with the same people. They told me my choices were go to school or get locked up. This was for missing 5 days over 2 months. I have a feeling these guys wish they were real cops.

G

Wow! It is your kid, you decide if he is well enough to attend school. I would have been extremely offended. Also, most kids get viruses, there is not a thing the doctor can do for a virus.
So you take him out, take him to the Doctor where he will be picking up a ton of germs, the Doc says it is a virus, it will pass. Why not keep him comfortable at home?

Geeze, I find the whole thing absurd.

G

:fsu: I've read where parents were ordered by the judge to sit in school because they couldn't get their kids to classes. :fsu:

What are ya gonna do? Ya yell at them, someone sees it and file a complaint on ya for pshycological abuse. And lordy - don't smack them for getting out of line, child protective services will have ya in court so fast for abuse or neglect (if ya don't get sued by your own kid). :badday: