What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

micro grow room advice

Xsmoker

High guys.

I have a 400 watt HPS/MH interchangable light that is pretty nice and has done a good job for me in the past.

Unfortunately I have a bunch of people coming in and out of my previous grow space, including my wife (whom I love dearly but in spite of her lexapro popping she is intolerant about my pot growing and smoking which I have to do for the most part in secret):

So I want to start another grow this winter underneath my stairs where the water heater is. I have an outlet already wired and a small fan that goes into the adjoining bathroom (where I would really like to grow, but can't right now).

I have about 6 square ft of floor space and about 3.5 ft of height that slants down rather quickly (about 45 degrees) into the floor (for those whom are pretty stoned, it's under a stairway incase you forgot already!!1 :pointlaug

LOL Ok

What should I do? I'm thinking flouros and a computer fan or two in dirt (although I could go hydro easy since there is a drain right there for the water heater). But I don't know a whole lot about hydro and I am kinda paranoid about aquiring more grow gear. I have all the pro mix and amendments handy already.

I also have 4 strains to grow.

Boggle gum (never grew this)
Skunk #1 (Gypsy's freebies that I'd rather give away)
super sensi (pretty stinky)
purple kush x black dom (really good shit- flowery smell)

I might need to figure out some quiet odor control also.

Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks for the help!

"X"

marimbas

its not my business, but you should try to convince your wife to at least build up a small growcloset for like 5 plants max....
If you start growing and she is totally against it and she finds out, I dont belive its gonna be fun at all...

In my experience i recomend you to grow, without having a situation in your home, otherwise, you are risking too many things, (she telling someone, she pissed at you at some degree, etc)

just my 2 cents man...

try to expain her its not such of a big deal, if it isnt that much...

G

My opinion is that keeping a grow secret from people you are living with is not only futile, but wrong. You are putting them at the same legal risk as you are yourself without their knowledge or permission. How would you feel if the shoe were on the other foot?

Considering noise (fans, pumps, etc), air flow, odor, heat etc., your chances of keeping a grow secret from your wife for very long are nil. Keeping one stealth enough to be secret from an occasional short-term visitor is one thing; keeping it secret from someone you live with is about impossible.

Xsmoker

I'm not worried about it, even if there was a remote chance I did get busted the penalty would be a slap on the wrist for a few plants here. The grow is in another building and she hardly goes there.

Well I don't know if you are married or not but somethings you just can't change about a person and if you love them you don't try. I'm in a weird situation, sorry it's not like everyone elses "perfect" relationship, but I'm over it. Are you guys? Cool.

I got it figured out now I think anyways.

Thanks, I'll take a few pics.

Xsmoker

Ok here's the space:

"We" will begin work on it and I'll keep you guys updated. Should be fun. As you can see it's pretty small. I'm going to drywall the inside and rewire an outlet. I'm going to do a flouro grow in supersoil (already cooking).

Thanks.

Sleepy

Veteran
the only advice i would offer is...

make sure you can service the water heater yourself. (it WILL fuck itself halfway through flowering)!!...

and address your odor control.

best of luck. :sasmokin:

Xsmoker

Thanks Sleepy. You are really cool man.

I have my fan situation figured out except for some wiring things.

I'm going to go with the flouros this time around.

The Bogglegum gets the nod since I read it's not a smelly strain and I'm going to pick up the smaller vaportek (powered by 9v battery) for odor control.

Just a small grow to keep me entertained this winter.

Latest posts

Latest posts