What's new

My first grow

The_Pope

So, I've decided to throw out my old idea of growing in my small closet. -> http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=147718

Now, My plan is to grow in some of those PC cases in the closet. :p I decided to not grow in the whole closet because I don't really want to go through the trouble of tearing holes in the walls and I didn't want to have to worry about the insulation catching fire. I plan to use 2 of them, the ancient alienware and the white intel case directly behind it. Both can be seen in the photos in the other thread (Although they can't really be seen too well...). I gutted the both of them yesterday and piled the old parts in the back of the closet. Now for the real questions. :)

First of all, Do you think they would be good for growing? (I'll have better pictures of them for you later)

Second, Would I be able to leave them in there to grow? I want to keep the both of them in that closet.

Third, I also really want to try the ScrOG method for the both of them. Is this a viable method for the size of the cases?

I have about 6 PCs that I can rip parts (I.E. Fans) out of for the grow if need be. I just really want to get something growing in there. I've been wanting to do this since the very first time I smoked the stuff many years ago. Many, many thanks to the members of this fine community for all the information and entertainment that I get from these forums. You guys are great!

-Pope

Mk3Jetta

I'd use the large of the two cases for a flower chamber and the smaller of the two for a mom/clone chamber. Get a perpetual harvest going and have a constant supply of buds!

The_Pope

Sounds like a good idea to me. :) The alienware is slightly large than the plain white one (Approximately an inch in every dimension). I'll definitely have some better pictures of them later tonight so you can get a better idea of their size.

P.S. I love MK3 Jettas! I have a black 97' GLS myself. :)

The_Pope

Here are those pics of them gutted. :)

Attachments

• fcsnz9.jpg
    fcsnz9.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 8
  • 2crkc5w.jpg
    2crkc5w.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 8

The_Pope

I was wondering what soil I should use. I would like to get everything at Walmart but sadly most of their garden center is blocked off by other merchandise (Nobody buys soil in the winter here). The soil that I do have access to is Miracle-Gro Organic Choice. Would this be a viable soil choice?

kcbudz31

Local garden supply shops are 10000x better at stocking good dirt than Wal-Mart. If you can possibly bear it (I know complicated shopping sucks) get your dirt and fert at a local shop.

The_Pope

I would but the nearest shop is about 30 miles away from here :/ Buuut, how much would that stuff be? and there is also a Lowes and Home Depot in my city, any chance they would have something nice? I'm pretty sure they stock soil year round.

kcbudz31

Their prices won't be much more than Miracle-Crap at Walmart. I would try Home Depot and the other home improvement shops, they are more likely to have good stuff than Wally World.

The_Pope

Are there any specific brands that you recommend? :) Lowes has brands like Better-Gro and Scotts and Home Depot has the same according to there website. Maybe the Tractor Supply Company?

kcbudz31

That, or if there is an organic hippie grocery around maybe call up and see if they know where to get organic gardening supplies

Latest posts

Latest posts