What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

my boxer is not to good

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
so to cut a long story short,,,my boxer (layla) was at the vet the other day for a sore ear (sweld up like a bloon) and a small lump i found the her hip...

she got knock out, and got her ears flushed..on inspection the ear that has swolen up needs an OP+ the other 1 might need 1 later on down the line..the vent told me the ins and outs of what thay are going to do... eg.OP on her ear brum and ear canal witch could leave her deff in 1 ear....my my heart just about broke when i got told this:puppydoge...... the vet told me she would be ok but could stuggle to find her feet at first, eg. abit off balance with being deff but that she willl find her feet..............

GUYS help me out and put my mind at rest and tell me my dog is going to be ok:frown: and that she will be fine.........+ if she dose end up getting the other OP in the other ear how will this affect her quality off life......is there some1 out there whos dog has had the same sorta things (ear probs)...and know have a deff dog??? how is he/she getting on in life now

and for the lump the tryed to get a biopsy, but couldnt as the was to much blood in the sample, so there are just going to whip it off...

anyway were back in for surgary on the 2 DEC,,,,if you dont mind please send some love/karma/well wishes to layla.....hears hopeing it all goes fine....

wouldnt know what to tell my wee girl if things went wrong (i know it can happen to animals under anistetic) ive not told my kid this part, and i wont just keep syaing she going to be fine.....

anyway am off tears in ma eyes trying to talk about it........peace out sorry for the grammer and rambeling on .....

keep it green
highlander

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
wishing you good news with your dog

I have been through this a couple times dude, it is hard.

Nothing brings down a big tough guy faster than a sick pet

Wishing you and Layla all the best

Taproot

sorry for your pain. may good things come your way. boxers are my fav breed. I will be saying a prayer for you. Taproot

M

Marywanna

Aw!! Highlander,sending good healing vibes to Layla and you,just had a lump taken off my Chihuahuas leg. Pressing paws for you guys!:grouphug: Mary

SOrry to hear about the issues your pet is having. Its obvious you have a lot of love for this animal. Im wishing a full recovery for you Layla. Hang in there man.

Ive always wanted to get myself a boxer. They are beautiful dogs, with a heart of gold..
Im passing healing vibes to you and your boxer..10TT

G

good drown

hey man, boxers get bumps on them alot, and they are almost always benign, or nothing but fatty tissue, and they leave them on. i've never had ear issues, how did it get like that? did you ever clean her ears? i try and do it once or twice a month.
good luck to layla, she'll be fine, the only thing that wont is your wallet!

RebelYell

My prayers are with you. It's amazing the bond that is formed with our animals. You've got to trust your vet, it sounds like Layla has a shot at making a full recovery. And if not, will happily live out the rest of her life with hearing on one side. Heck, she'll still have waaay better hearing than us humans do. Not to make light of her situation but you gotta be thankful that she is still with you.

I just put my lab down at the age of 7 last month. She'd been getting seizures which got progressively worse for a week and the doggy doctor had no idea what was causing them. Nearly quit eating and went from 100 to under 80 in that week. I was out of town for the weekend and returned to find the dog in terribly shape. Couldn't walk or hold her bowel and had 10-15min painful seizures with half hour intervals. The woman was having a hard time parting with her, can't believe she'd let this go on for a whole day. We live in the country and the vet is 20 miles away, letting her go through another seizure in order to die at a pet hospital which she is terrified of anyway just wasn't an option. I'd always jokingly said I'd shoot the dog when the time came, never believing she'd let me. Well... she did. It was that bad. :(

M

Marywanna

Rebel,I know thats a real tough one.You did the right thing.I know that doesn't make you feel any better about it,but you had mercy and compassion for the animals we share our lives with.This is the responsibility we take on as animal lovers.To do the right thing is often the hardest thing. Mary

chuckyoufarley

Veteran
theHIGHlander ,i also have a BOXER her name is TWITCH theres nothing wrong with her thank shiva but i feel for ya man . i really dont know what i would do if something happened to MY best friend .good vibes even better karma and a whloe lota love going out to your layla .you will find that alot of us ICMAG peeps love our pets and will send loads of great vibes and karma and love and more then likely alota prayers
peace

Sleepy

Veteran
she will come around

she will come around

GUYS help me out and put my mind at rest and tell me my dog is going to be ok:frown: and that she will be fine.........+ if she dose end up getting the other OP in the other ear how will this affect her quality off life

anyway am off tears in ma eyes trying to talk about it........peace out sorry for the grammer and rambeling on .....

keep it green
highlander

you have already done the right thing by getting her looked at.

once the procedures are over, the doggie will be fine. she knows this.

you love her and that is most important...

best wishes.

woof woof...

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
hey man, boxers get bumps on them alot, and they are almost always benign, or nothing but fatty tissue, and they leave them on. i've never had ear issues, how did it get like that? did you ever clean her ears? i try and do it once or twice a month.
good luck to layla, she'll be fine, the only thing that wont is your wallet!

yeh i try to stay on top off her ears...the vet informed me that this can be a comon thing on sertin dogs...no matter how much you try to stay on top of them its deep down in the ear where the infection is/started.....

as for the money,,,,that is the least of my worries,,,,,i dont care if xmas has to get cancelled and my place,,,,,what Layla needs Layla gets.......

giving out to much rep i shall get yall tomorrow

i cant thanks you guys anuff for your support/love.thanks......rep to ya all:joint:.....
dont know why i posted this on hear, suppose i just had to tell some1 how am feeling...and where better than my stoner animal loveing family:grouphug:

i will let yous know how wee get on 1 week on wed......
peace out

keep it green
highlander

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I love my Bully and I'm sure you feel the same for your Boxer. I hope she heals up and has a wonderful life with you. They ask for nothing but give us everything the love of your pet is priceless. All dogs need maintenance so to speak. Clean the ears, Clean all the folds in there skin and the dreaded bath time lol. My Bully does not like it much he does not bite but you can tel he ants the f out of there. Use good shampoo and don't bath them to often. Anyway enough rambling lots of love and Karma going out to all.

J

JackTheGrower

Vets have to be a human doctor plusplus (++).. I felt good reading the part about what your Vet said. It's impression but I felt positive energy when i read that.

How are things now?

M

medi-useA

Vibes to you man...I'll go spark one up and make an offering to the Fire God for a quick recovery...Did the same the day my 12 yo pup had jaw surgery...

Luck to you.

muA

I have had boxers all my life, since the day I was born. They are like hyperactive little children that never grow up, full of life.

Our male dog had cancer twice before the age of two, and heaps of other health problems, we changed his diet at 2 and he is now nearly 9 and has had no major health problems since.

It is a little more hassle to prepare but the amount of money we have saved on vetinary bills well and truly makes up for it.

We get vegetables such as brocolli, beetroot & carrots and put them in an automatic juicer, mix the juice in with some raw meat, then mix the pulp back in with the meat.

We also rotate with steamed pumpkin, silverbeet, spinach, etc and mix this in with their meat.

Once a week they get sardines mixed with oats that have been sitting in hot water for a while.

we get marrow bones cut into quaters, cut down the centre of the bone to allow them to get to the marrow.

Not much else I can do to help you from over here in Aus, but I promise you that if you feed your dogs well, they will glow with health and rarely encounter any health problems, no dried food or tinned food.

Latest posts

Latest posts