What's new

co2 help please.

drgreenthumb26

I am flowering in a 2x4 wide and 5'3 ft high tent. I am running a 6 inch canfan pulling air from a filter threw a cool tube and back out the fan to outside the tent. at the bottom of my tent i have 4 in hole open for fresh air to come in.

ok so i bought co2 controller for a co2 tank. all i need now is a tank.

so do i turn of the 6in canfan when co2 is running? other wise i believe any co2 i run will be just pulled out of the grow area.

and how much co2 do i run? how long?

i think i may plan to run co2 3 times a day. i will turn on co2 for 15 minuets the first hour, then again 6 hours in of 12/12, the the last hour of 12/12.

M

moses224

before i switched to digital i ran mine on timer 1500ppm ran every 15 minutes when lights where on

I believe what you have is a Co2 Regulator. A controller is a box that that controls/reads your Co2 levels and costs $500+ A regulator has an enclosed needlepoint valve, solenoid and hooks directly up to a tank and costs about $150.

Yes, you will want to turn off your exhaust fan while the Co2 is running or all Co2 will just get sucked out and wasted. Since you have your exhaust going through your lights you might have heat issues if you stop venting your lights in a tent for 15 min. That's the problem with venting through the lights if you plan on running Co2. You're probably going to have to invest in a second fan and re arrange things so that your filter exhausts directly with its own fan, and your light vents with its own fan that is on a sealed system and can run the entire time the lights are on without wasting Co2. Also, you will have to run your Co2 for more than 3, 15 minute bursts per light period for it to be beneficial. There are websites that calculate where to set your CFH at and how often to run it according to your room size. Google it.

Hope that answers your Q...goodluck.