What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bioterra by biocanna

D

deepforest

hi all

"Bio-Terra Plus" by canna:

i have this medium but im confused... is this a soil with nutrients in it? or is it just an organic equivalent of soilless, like promix? the bag says "soilless" and doesn't list any specific ingredients other than peat and tree bark (replacement for perlite). but the website says it is pre-fertilized with some organic nutes. its the bag with the horses on the front: http://www.texashydroponics.com/shop/product.php?productid=2804&cat=381&page=1

so how does this work? do the nutes last the entire grow? or should i mix some more organic nutes in? i have a bag of 4-4-4 organic grow dry nutes , should i mix those in? and then should i feed with teas once in awhile?

S

Seismic

I was trying this medium out a little bit, and I found the fertilizer in it did not last long at all, at least for my plants. I would just transplant into it, and wait for the plants to tell you they need to be fed, and go from there with your organic nutes or teas. :2cents:

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
has blood and bone and some other stuff in it like lime.. so it is a little more then pro mix.

nutes will not last an entire grow. about 2-3 weeks. I think they designed it to work with any plant as FFOF I hear can be harsh on some strains..

D

deepforest

has blood and bone and some other stuff in it like lime.. so it is a little more then pro mix.

nutes will not last an entire grow. about 2-3 weeks. I think they designed it to work with any plant as FFOF I hear can be harsh on some strains..

just read this:

"
theyres 2 types of canna terra soil mixes ,,,
canna terra professional which contains nutrients and canna terra professional + which doesn't "

i think theres some confusion out there, i think the bag i have (canna terra plus) does not have nutes

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ you in US or Europe?

if your in the US you have the nutes, if in Europe, you have to check the label. is it the brown and cream bag or the green and white bag?

opt1c

Veteran
if you have the bio-terra you have nutes in it; no experience with it

if you have the terra professional plus + there are no nutes but u use the nonorganic one part nutes for the terra medium by canna; i've been using these for my moms and rooted clones from the cloner, fool proof pretty much; all plants are happy; no lockouts of deficiencies; more like a soiless hydro mix than a soil as there is nothing going on in the medium

hope that helps

H

headfortrinity

bio terra is the organic equivalent of terra pro + ,just the terra soil mix with the bio nutes instead of the regular nutes.

D

deepforest

alright so its got no nutes. im mixing up some organic nutes into it and running just plain water for the first go and then maybe try out bioterra vega and flora when the amendments start running out next run

yah its expensive eh

captnhappy

This is really great stuff, Canna says the fert charge lasts 3 weeks, but its really about a week. Make sure you break this stuff up really well, use your hands and get it as fine as you can. Drop into your pots from about 4-5" and DO NOT COMPACT. First week of planting and of transplant water with only Rhizotonic. My plants love it! Oh, and the price isnt that bad, about $26 a bag here, and it can be used 3 cycles.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I would concur on the added nutes lasting about a week - I'm running two new plants through, and one has shown an N deficiency at five weeks, mainly as I wasn't feeding full-strength nutes until week three, as far as I can tell. I checked with a few folks, privately and on ICMag, and it looks like the best method is full-strength after one week. The other plant clearly needs less N, as it's bright green all over, but I won't me messing around with diluted nutes anymore...;)

The Terra Professional Plus was a mistake for me, as I never realised it had no nutes whatsoever, and put many of my vegging plants into a very confused state for a while, as I was just feeding them water! Duh...

opt1c

Veteran
i've noticed that more than other mediums when a plant becomes root bound in the terra they stop growing; easy way to make a bonsai mom but for vegging and flowering don't skimp on transplanting to bigger pots as you go along

T

themoonismyfrnd

So would one want to use the Terra Plus or just the Terra? Which one was better? I read all the posts, but am still a little confused. I'm going to run the Bio Canna nute line with it. Which is the one with bloodmeal? I can't have deceased animal stuff in my mixes.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ avoid the cream and brown colored bag ( one with blood and bone ), bio terra plus it's called

T

themoonismyfrnd

^ avoid the cream and brown colored bag ( one with blood and bone ), bio terra plus it's called

Will avoid Terra Plus. Thanks so much. There is a large difference between growing organic and organic vegan and it's great to see it can be done within the Canna line. I have no problems with others using animal products or chems, just not for me.

Be well and thanks!

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^ I myself have been on the path of vegan nutrients and growing..

I cant say what they use to grow the crops they put in the bio-canna liquid line, but to me it's one step closer then using guano and blood and bone

T

themoonismyfrnd

^ I myself have been on the path of vegan nutrients and growing..

I cant say what they use to grow the crops they put in the bio-canna liquid line, but to me it's one step closer then using guano and blood and bone

I couldn't agree more. It's nice to see a company make that type of effort, and from what I hear they've done a good job.

D

deepforest

remember there is difference between terra plus and bio terra plus

Latest posts

Latest posts