What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Phosphorus deficiency ?

qulimax

Hello, I have problems with my plants, i burned them with nutes (NPK 5-2,5-2,5 + Me (B, Fe, Cu, Mn, Cu, Zn, Mo)). I think think its phosphorus deficiency.
Should I use Shultz 10-15-10 to solve the problem ? Any ideas how to fix this ? :yoinks::dueling:

!!!

Now in technicolor
Veteran
Did you flush? Put twice as much water as the capacity of the container (10 gallons of water in a 5 gallon bucket) to flush out the medium (soil) and then add nutes as needed.

E

EvilTwin

max,
When you overload a plant with nutes and burn it, the excess nutrients can mess up the balance and the nutrient absorption. You've probably heard the phrase nutrient lockout. That's when excess of one nutrient blocks absorption of another one. That's probably what's going on...and adding more nutrients won't fix anything. Just give water for a little while and then later...maybe a week, re-start feedings very gently. Watering and feeding properly with soil plants is one of the hardsst things to get right.
ET

noreason

Natural born Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
max,
When you overload a plant with nutes and burn it, the excess nutrients can mess up the balance and the nutrient absorption. You've probably heard the phrase nutrient lockout. That's when excess of one nutrient blocks absorption of another one. That's probably what's going on...and adding more nutrients won't fix anything. Just give water for a little while and then later...maybe a week, re-start feedings very gently. Watering and feeding properly with soil plants is one of the hardsst things to get right.
ET

:yeahthats

qulimax

max,
ET

Yeah, that's right. Thanks for explanation :joint:

E

EvilTwin

Max,
Hope your plant recovers nicely. It's always a good idea to go easy on the nutes...start low and work up. I've seen experienced guys push nutes till they see a little hint of burn and then back off. Definitely an advanced technique. It's a little like torqueing a nut by getting it as tight as you can...and then backing off 1/4 turn. (an old aircraft mechanic joke)

I learned a lesson and burned a plant earlier this year. I was hand watering and I was just finishing off the dregs in a pitcher. Lo and behold...there was undissolved nutes in the bottom and I dumped that all on one of my clone mommas. Now I always throw out the last little bit in the watering pitcher.
Peace,
ET

Latest posts

Latest posts