What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Flymo- $66 DIY production trimmer?

O

od123

I was reading thru the 'Garden Groomer' trimmer post the other day and a few of the comments made me wonder if anyone ever tried adapting a Flymo Electric Mower/Vac for production trimming? I was thinking that it might be possible to attach some sort of bbq grill or custom-made grate to the bottom, fabricate a simple stand, and voila a production trimmer for under $100. What do you think? (I've never seen one in person)

Here's the info and schematic. I couldn't find a bottom view image:

Flymo Mow & Vac Electric Hover Lawnmower

Product Information

Flymo Mow & Vac Electric Hover Lawnmower from Flymo
Product Type
DIY, Car & Garden Gardening Lawnmowers
The Flymo mow and vac electric hover lawnmower has a lightweight chassis made from polypropylene and features plastic blades with a 28cm cutting width. This 900W electric lawnmower has a hover action that makes it easy to manoeuvre when cutting and comes with 2 cutting heights. The Flymo mow and vac hover lawnmower weighs 6.5kg and has an unique vacuum grass collection that compacts the grass to maximise its 15L capacity.

Price: $65.90

http://www.davidshomegoods.com/household-appliances/flymo-mow-vac-electric-hover-lawnmower/prod_1059.htm

picture.php