What's new

bubba kush and trainwreck questions

navo71

i am a first timer poppin my cherry> And just had some simple questions if anyone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it>>

if i was to veg for 4 weeks or if i vegged for 8 weeks what would be the difference would i see a greater yield or potency can someone please explain< lol

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
longer veg time gives more time for topping LSTing and supercropping but keep in mind getting light to a large plant is harder than a smaller one. Yield should be increased considerably the larger the plant is as long as you can provide it enough light to the bud sites.

navo71

Are you familiar with bubba kush , or Train wreck i have been veggin them for about 9 weeks now. What would u say would be the difference in yield 4 weeks compared to 9 weeks.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
I currently have a TW going but its just now getting going good on flower and Ive got about a 8 week veg time. There are a ton of variables that play into yield. Light , nutes, cropping techs, and it goes on and on. Then there are variables like recessive traits and weaker phenos. Im no expert though just what I have found in my time with the wonderful plant.

navo71

what would u say would be average for yield on trainwreck. also what would say would be average yield amount of bubba kush. i am using 4 xxxl hoods with 2 hps and 2 mh.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Hard to determine an average yield. Trainwreck is gonna stretch on you. Maybe a decent harvest, maybe not. Bubba won't stretch much at all and does not yield a lot on smaller plants. Yields are determined by several factors. Genetics used, plant size and growers experience(learning the strains needs and dialing in those needs) to name a few. So to ask what average yield should be is going to garner a speculative answer at best.

navo71

the Bubba's are between 2 and 2 and a half feet. the trainwrecks are about 4 and half feet and have been veggin for about 9 weeks may a little more. i am now going to start the 12 \12 cycle just picked up a bunch of new nutes included bud blood. Can u even say ball park wise what i can expect from either or.

resinryder

Veteran
Nope. But I can tell you that that trainwreck is gonna stretch like hell. Hope you're ready for that. I like the trainwreck at 65 days. The Bubba is best when taken at 75 days. Anything less and you short change yourself on the high.
Give them both veg foods for the first 2 weeks into bloom then switch to bloom foods. This helps them keep a nitrogen supply through out the bloom cycle.
Are these 2 strains from Greenhouse?

resinryder

Veteran
They are due to be chopped the week of Thanksgiving. Last time I did them like this I got just over 7 oz off the Bubba's and over 9 oz off the Purple K's. I hope I get better numbers this time, but you never know!

resinryder

Veteran
Absolutely! The bubba I have stretches 8 to 10 inches if that much. The trainwreck will stretch, and it's been a while since I grew it, will nearly double the best I can remember. Could be wrong on that but I do remember she really had a stretch to her.
Each strain has a certain amount of stretch to them that is usually determined by their genetic make up. Some just a little some 2 to 3 times the height they were when you put them into bloom and whether or not CO2 was used the first 2 weeks or so. I have found that in my garden that when I use CO2 the first 2 weeks of bloom I get a longer stretch.
Got the the search function and type in Trainwreck. You'll find a lot of info on it. A great resource on strains.

Texicannibus

noob
Veteran
Might also be helpful to ask the dispensary any details they might have when you get cuts. Believe there are atleast 2-3 different TW cuts not sure they all yield the same. Arcata cut seems to be the most popular from what I can tell. I would add that into your search and see if it looks like your plant if so that would probably be a good gauge. Good luck man apoligies for assuming you might have the GH versions. Good luck man and good karma

Latest posts

Latest posts