What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

I started a 30 day smoke break 3 days ago.

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
Ok so I have been smoking ever since I was 13 Y old.
and have been smoking nonstop for the past 1 year straight every day and all day.

so I am taking a 30 day smoke break! I started this 3 days ago.
and still going strong.

and this saturday I am gunna do a 5k run that my neighborhood is having.

so what is the longest smoke break yall have taken?

spadedNfaded

Veteran
congrats dude!

i know how it can be to stop and try to stay away. I've been smoking non stop for a long time, close to 3 years now. I'm currently in the middle of a 2.5 week hiatus as i wait for my harvest to come. Longest i've been without weed since before i was 17...lol

I say congrats because i know when you get back to puffing it'll be like new again! THat's what i'm hoping for. I hope that my tolerance backs off and i get that new and exciting high again when my crop is finished and dried!

- SubN

Hella THC

Nothing better than your first toke after a long break. You get sooooo toasted! Good luck to you, Cheese

- Hella

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I wish you luck buddy. I'm in a similar boat except for the smoke break! LOL I would like to take a break and see what happens. I'm gonna wait 27 days for your smoke report to see! hehehe good luck with the 5K run as well.

VirginHarvester

Veteran
I sat with an Irish man who owned a pub in Stuttgart years ago. At the time he was about half way through his annual three month layoff of alcohol. He did this to make sure that the alcohol did not own him... Good luck cheesebuds.

H

h^2 O

don't do it man!!! Have you seen "Lifeforce"? This is me after 72 hours
lifeforce4.jpg

PS Google "Mathilda May" who played a large role in the movie - she's gorgeous and has big hooters and did some boob shots in the movie

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
wow wow wow thanks for all the great comments and good luck wishies.
the 1 kinda big problem is that am harvesting my ondo sativa in 1 1/2-2 weeks.
even though I gunna dry it and cure it just hope I dont end up drying a sample bud.

hope I can do good at holding off on toking for 30 days.

also Ill up the progess every 4-5 days or so. I have alreaty been really bitchy to my ppls.
but Im gunna try not to be too bitchy to ppl.

gunna workout, draw, paint,write poetry and do lots of other sheet to help keep my mind off hurb.
but Ill still be on here chaten and stuff.

thats it fo now.

og kush

i been smoking since 10 years old believe it or not. longest i have ever stopped was 2 weeks.
I think me and my friends can agree im a better person on weed. im a beast without it in so many ways.

goodluck man. whats the purpose anyways? why stop??

#1cheesebuds

Veteran
just to take a break to see if I can do it.

and to prove to me family that I can do it. and to give my lungs a break also.
+ I cant seem to get as high as I use to could get.
also for the past 12 years I have been smoken my homegrown buds on and off and still cant get as high as I use to.

but for the past year been smoken every day all day and that cant be good for my lungs. so its break time.

:yeahthats

j6p

i been smoking since 10 years old believe it or not. longest i have ever stopped was 2 weeks.
I think me and my friends can agree im a better person on weed. im a beast without it in so many ways.

goodluck man. whats the purpose anyways? why stop??
Sometimes I stop for a few weeks, whenever I become tired of getting high (literally tired and sleepy, less fun). Probably caused by the proliferance of Indica doms going around these days.

Mycro

Good luck with quitting for a month! Iv'e been feeling kinda burned out lately too and thinking about slowing down but can't seem to do it atm. I wind up with big loss of appetite, bitchiness-bad! And OMG the wicked dreams!! I don't dare quit during PMS either! LOL

well over a month for me. I'm doing it for the wrong reason, though. Doing it for a girl. But whatever, i realize now i didn't need weed at all. It is a medicine for me, but it was becoming a crutch, with the medicinal aspects as an excuse. Now i know i don't depend on it to feel happy.

bonghitsu

Good luck man! Don't give up! But don't bee to hard on yourself either.

I'll join you. 1 week for me at starters, then I will make sure I'm not smoking every day again.