What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Big Drop in Leaves

finnagen

Hi al i have 3to4 week flowering nicely Superhaze the leafs just startin to droop down there has been browning on big fan leaves but a wasn't worried to now .

Attachments

• sick bud shot.jpg
    sick bud shot.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 4
  • sick close leaf.jpg
    sick close leaf.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 4
  • sick close leaf (1).jpg
    sick close leaf (1).jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 4
E

EvilTwin

Hi Finnagen,
Browning on the perimeter of the leaf and tip necrosis leads me to believe that you burned it with too much nutrient. Did it happen fairly rapidly and right after a feeding?
ET

finnagen

I think Concentration may be too high !But the leaves are been browning since Flowering and it aint effected it like that ,What should i do just give water for a bit ,Cheers for reply man

E

EvilTwin

I think Concentration may be too high !But the leaves are been browning since Flowering and it aint effected it like that ,What should i do just give water for a bit ,Cheers for reply man

Nutrient excesses can accumulate over time. How's your soil and such? Specifically is your soil ph'd properly and containing enough perlite (or whatever) for good drainage?

If you're already thinking your concentration could be high, indeed hold off feeding and just give ph'd water. Most people would suggest a flush, but I'd make sure of the diagnosis before flushing.

If it was over-watering and then you flushed...then the problem would just get worse (though I personally don't thing that's the problem).
ET

E

EvilTwin

I think my problem is Root Stunted ?

F,
Well are they in really small pots? Due for an up-potting? Generally with a plant being root-bound, you get slow growth, some generalized yellowing and maybe slightly droopy or soft leaves.

How long does it take for your pots to dry out? That's how I judge. If you water one day, and by the next, the plants are drooping...well absolutely they need up-potting.
ET

finnagen

thanks for suggesting

thanks for suggesting

Cheers man i will Re-pot see how she goes how can i tell if some buds have Seeds i done this Delibrately :joint:.

E

EvilTwin

Cheers man i will Re-pot see how she goes how can i tell if some buds have Seeds i done this Delibrately :joint:.

Hi F...
For future reference, it's always best to do all your up-potting before flowering the plant. When you re-pot in flowering mode, it stalls other growth while the plants roots grow. Ideally, the last re-pot should be a week before flowering though doing it very early in flowering isn't too much of a problem.

When you pollenate a bud, you'll start seeing the calyxes swell a bit. The buds should be at least three weeks old before doing that, and then the seeds will develop over the remaining time. Give it some time.

Just in case it's nute burn...and that's what I believe. Ease into the nutrients. Don't go back to the full strength that you were using before.
ET

O

otherwhitemeat

Definately nute burn, whatcha feeding? Also could be rootbound as well. How long did you veg for ans what size pot is it in? Also, are you flowering through that skylight? Most skylights have coatings or UV blockers in them--have you done this before with the skylight? If it's worked for you in the past great, if no; I am curious if they are getting enough energy. All of my houseplants have to be the low light variety to survive near my skylights.