What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

4th week of flower, bud node turning brown?? Please help!

Hey I actually posted here recently about my plants yellowing too much during flower but this is an unrelated issue. Recently the leaves have been drooping and I haven't been overwatering. I usually water every few days based on a moisture meter. Today I went outside and found that at the top of my one of the branches, the bud and leaves were turning brown. The plants genetics are supposed to turn the plant purple around this time but instead this spot is turning brown and smelling a little funny. Any ideas why? Also the plant is extremely yellow even though I've been feeding it Biobizz grow and bloom (1teaspoon/gal of each)

Attachments

• IMG_1991.jpg
    IMG_1991.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1992.jpg
    IMG_1992.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1993.jpg
    IMG_1993.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1995.jpg
    IMG_1995.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 3

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Hmm? O.K. then if its not humid, and your not spraying it, then caterpillars can cause it. they get into the buds and eat the very center of it. where it attaches to the stem. Shitting while they eat. Not only do they leave a dead bud site but the shit causes mold and rot. It could also just be dead from a caterpillar and not molded yet. I would cut the affected bud tip off before it does mold. look for little black balls about twice the size of the period on the end of this sentence. If no caterpillar can be found then I have no idea!

Is it crispy dry?

Those damn caterpillars...man I had them last year and they are elusive. Do you know if neem oil takes care of them? I've been seeing the little black spots all over the place but cant really find the culprit. My plants are raised off the ground to stop terrestrial insects, but how can i stop caterpillars?

Oh yeah I also cut off the branch that was brown but he could have done the damage last night and already moved on....

Hazy Lady

Prom Night Dumpster Baby
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If it's OK anarchy' ?.
@ resin, I just found some droppings inside the hollow stems on some plants i had bits of bud rot on, the droppings are black, each 'pile' of them adds up to a mouse dropping in size, would this be some caterpillar or grub?, thank's

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Yup! thats them Hazy. sorry to hear that guys, I'm battling them too. It's those white moths/butterfies! they land for a second on the leaf and touch their asshole to the leaf and when they fly away, a little tiny white thread like thing remains. thats the egg sack.