What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

hps lighting question

I want to add hps lights in my GH it see if i can get a better yield, densier flowers and possibly shorter flowering times. How many hours would i need to run them for this to work? I know they are used in commercial tomato crops to enhance flowering for a few hours a day. Anybody doing this?? and would it be better to run in the morning or late afternoon?

B

blackburngrower

not got any knowledge of this but if i was you id run them for a few hours in the late afternoon whens the suns not as bright

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
yep...i'm runnin 2k hps...outside right know...works great on cloudy dayz or inbetween BRIGHT direct sun.......works...g8t.......just stay under 12/12.....
persoanlly i go 10 hrs gooddirect sun or light....and a hour transisiton on either end.......works just fine...............:2cents:

2uptown

yup late season we pull out the generator and fire up 10k just so the sativas really have the chance to chunk up

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They use this method at universities...

run the lamps: before or after the heat of midday. This will help warm GH temps during the evenings / over night through winter :D

Latest posts

Latest posts