What's new

California cops trained that marijuana isn't a medicine

J

JackTheGrower

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2009/07/chronic_city_revealed_--_calif.php

A recent court case in San Diego has revealed some California police officers are basing their sworn court testimony in medical marijuana cases on badly outdated, legally inaccurate information.

This goes a long way towards explaining why it is that so many law enforcement officers in the state still seem to harbor such personal animosity toward medical marijuana and those who use it, even after it's been legal in the state for 13 years. Above and beyond the seemingly eternal cop/pot dichotomy, the cops' own "medical marijuana training materials" tell them that -- contrary to the law -- there's no such thing as medical marijuana, and that all marijuana is illegal!

This misinformation has real-life consequences. Californians who legally use and provide medical marijuana are faced with hostile police and judges who have only heard or choose to believe information which is plainly wrong regarding medicinal pot's legal status here, and inaccurate regarding its effectiveness as medicine, as supported by thousands of doctors and hundreds of studies.

It's that some do not like to access links and I don't blame them.

J

JackTheGrower

It took our Black Brothers and Sisters many years to enjoy the rights they earned.

I see the same thing here in California.. Intolerance towards change.

We have to keep standing up and showing that we medical people are human beings. Somehow that has been lost to our police.

B

Blue Dot

Yeah, i commented about this before about how the phamplet of some ass-backwards organization could override the 8 year training a doctor receives in undergrad and then in grad school.

The halls of justice like to say the scales are balanced but how the fuck does a shitty little phamplet = 8 years of intense training.

What a joke.

J

JackTheGrower

Now Blue Dot those fine people of uniform might lose funding by honoring our rights to medical Cannabis!

Must scare them that they could have to work for ordinary wages and ordinary retirement (ie social security ).

T

texsativa

Yeah, i commented about this before about how the phamplet of some ass-backwards organization could override the 8 year training a doctor receives in undergrad and then in grad school.

The halls of justice like to say the scales are balanced but how the fuck does a shitty little phamplet = 8 years of intense training.

What a joke.

It is a joke. And the training is more like 4 years undergrad, 4 years medical school, then 3-5 years in residency. But the cops pamphlet seems to go against real doctors. Is it possible to sue law enforcement for taking marijuana used as medication, being it has been recommended to you buy a physician?

How is it possible that something of that nature can be used for training purposes? Does anybody care what materials are being used to train police officers?
Surely something as blatantly wrong as this pamphlet should be removed from any training program. Who is it that decides what materials can and cannot be used for training purposes. If anyone bothered to investigate in all likelyhood that pamphlet is provided free of charge to the training facility.
Because the use of slanted propaganda like this has real life consequences it's use should be stopped. Has anyone brought this to the attention of the local chapters of NORML or MPP?

Respect bass

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
Being from the 619 in a previous life, I never understood how such stupid douche bags get elected to the local government.

I love it when pigs think they're doctors, because their GED and 40 pounds of excess donuts can't think for themselves. I'm sure they are aware of the truth for the most part, they just choose to believe what's convenient for them.

I feel if you are sworn in to uphold the law, and you break it, you should be held accountable by all means. I think a mass scale citizen's arrest would be pretty funny. Maybe we should start building prisons, for cops. Then let the violent offenders be the prison guards, to give them work.

Can anyone say privatization? It'd probably be cheaper than all of their squads and salaries. Ha.

Bulldog11

Veteran
Stupid Pigs. I think the only training they really get is how to stop three times a day at a Starbucks or doughnut shops and learn how to squeal like a pig, Oink Oink.

nephilthim

nothing like a reminder of how fing ignorant are p/o are .nothing can be more of a constant reminder of the ongoing ignorance of our bureaucracy than the self effacing crap they espouse.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the majority of cops are trained like shit. They are usually just power obbessed assholes, racist, or insecure in the closet homosexuals. hhahaha awe I hate cops.... there is a rare few that are ok.

Latest posts

Latest posts