What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help with Panama Red please

qureious

Hi all, long time lurker here with new account seeking some assistance and information to reunite me with my first smoke in the summer '78.

My first time getting high was Panama Red, but after the summer of '81 was the last time I ever ran into her.

Due to privacy and security I have always gardened with bagseeds from smoke I liked for my wife, friend and I for personal consumption. I would really like to find either Panama Red seeds, clone, or something as close as I can get to that sweet tasting, aromatic potent sativa.

I recently started shopping on the seed banks looking for Panama Red, but recently saw a strain called C99xPanama Red. Before I spend money on some seeds, I would like to find out some information on this from an experienced knowledgable grower to see if this is the same or similiar to the Panamanaina Red of my teenages years. It has to bee that same sweet smell and taste with either the same soaring high or better to make it worthy.....once you've had her there is no substitute.

I have finally decided that with all the time and money I invest, I may as well get my hands on some top shelf genetics. I plan on buying The Purps for our uplifting enrgetic needs, and although I LOVE Sour Diesel I hear she is not a big yielder, so I am considering The Black, Godbud, Whiterhino or soething along the line of a relaxing type high. But I would really like to have my teenage friend Panama Red to always be with me and my little persoanl sized garden.

Thanks in advance for reading this and any information I might obtain.

Qure

M

mexilandrace

wally does good work, and he knows people so I am sure it's as close to real panama red genes as you are going to find.

I am currently growing some out, seems nice, though it's veg only.

no clue if there will be a p-red pheno in the batch, but it will be good weed regardless.

I am not sold on the purps though, just my opinion. I don't really like diesel either though, high doesn't last long enough for me.

indifferent

Veteran
Go for Ace Seeds Panama, closest you will find to proper Panama from the old days.

Sour Diesel yields big if grown right, The Purps by THSeeds is garbage, avoid that one.

qureious

Thanks for the suggestion mexilandrace.
Keep me updated on how she grows- disease/mold/weather resistant up here in NE.

What kind of high do you like and recommend to meet that and grow well in NE?

By the way your motto has that right man, say's it all "Love is free and it needs to stay that way."

Keep the green growing and flowing bud....

Indifferent, As far as the Purps I am referring to are from BCBudDepot - http://bcbuddepot.com/seed_packs.php?seedID=22&category=Indoor/Outdoor. Thanks for the tip on Ace's Panama !

Qure

M

mexilandrace

I have never heard anything good about bcbud depot, just an fyi.

and other than not good, I have heard some down right bad things, quite a bit actually.

Weedninja

Ace's Purple Panama line is supposed to be closer to PR. Keep me posted if you find anything close to the original, because PR was an all time favorite of mine.:abduct:

montehierba

sativa pura

sativa pura

Hey amigo.
will these shots bring good flashbacks?
I:joint: am no commercial cat just i just enjoy good things in life. The one giant bud is the santa marta gold/aghani i crossed some time back and made the first 11 week indica i ever tried .
pm me

Attachments

• IMG_3831.JPG
    IMG_3831.JPG
    47 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3836.JPG
    IMG_3836.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3837.JPG
    IMG_3837.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3959.JPG
    IMG_3959.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 12
J

JackKerouac

Wally's work is top notch. Brazilian Seed Company had excellent Panama Red, but there were rumors of tainted genetics and they are hard to find these days.

I wish you luck on your search.

qureious

Thanks to everyone who has replied so far, I now have a couple places to resrarch in Ace's and Brazilian seed company. I will try to find some peeps who have actually grown these seeds who can also give me first hand reports on the flavor and aroma and how it matches the original.

I currently have 4 bagseeds in flower, with 3 seedlings(2 of them are christmas tree) and 4 clones readying for the next perpetual cycle. These should take me into my winter cycle where hopefully I will have some Panama Red seeds or clones to add for the winter cycle. That means by February I could be harvesting my all time favorite sative, Panama Red !

damn, now I can't wait for spring 2010 :D

Qure

Latest posts

Latest posts