What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

One more bubble bag thread with questions

D

Diamonddss

been reading and searching. I plan on buying real bubble bags.
I am a small operation pretty much just myself and my wife and prob just run about 50 grams of trim at a time. Sometimes some bud but mostly trim.

Should i buy the 5 gallon as ive read the one gallon sucks?
Is the 4 bag good enough or do i need the 8 bag?

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran
so with the 4 bag kit you get 2 or 3 different quality hash?
so you get a 160, 73, and 25 or is only the 73 and 25 usable?
what about adding another single bag? is it worth it?

im thinking of getting these soon as well.

Let me know what kind of yield you get with that amount of trim. Ive got a small personal operation and I can't decide if I want to make bubble hash or BHO w/ the trim

C

Classyathome

so with the 4 bag kit you get 2 or 3 different quality hash?
so you get a 160, 73, and 25 or is only the 73 and 25 usable?
what about adding another single bag? is it worth it?

im thinking of getting these soon as well.

160 cooking grade.
73 big yield / high end
25 little glands, smaller yield, good smoke

More bags just splits up the 73 into slightly different yields, but IMHO not really useful...

bushmasta

Made some Gumby hash just using gravity with water to make bubble but anyway I used dried trim last time was about 30 grams and got 3.5 grams. Just wondering do you find the hash better with fresh leaves or dried leaves? Frozen or unfrozen? Got gallon bag full of fresh trim waiting just wondering if I could do it up fresh...

purple_man

Veteran
high all!

sure you can bushmasta... fresh frozen trim works great to, you only might get the impression that the yield is less (since, the ammount of material you use is much more by volume and much less by weight compared to the dried stuff...), and i find with fresh frozen you get a cleaner product, since there are no "crumbled" leafparts, to get thru your bags...

as for yield it's normaly 5% - 15%.

@ripshot: hey dude, why you try spread rumors?

blessss

dreadvik

I've noted freezing seems to miss a little compared to extremely dry leaf. I also find if the water level is high enough and i don't run to much the contamination is minimal :)

I have a 5 bag 25L the 4 bag seems fine though. At time I get lazy and ponder just using the 20u bag and the catch bag ;)