What's new

Maximum room temperature?

Goldwing

What is the Maximum room temperature I can have before causing wilting and stopping growth?

What's the maximum time you can have those high temperatures?

What's the idea room temperature?
Thanks

Befri

What is the Maximum room temperature I can have before causing wilting and stopping growth?
What's the maximum time you can have those high temperatures?
There are so many factors that play on this....

air flow across canopy
CO2
Direct heat from hood...vs ambient heat...
strain of plant

ex:
my room has got as high as 94F...but I had a lot of air movement, with CO2...my plants didn't show any negative effects due to that..
What's the idea room temperature?

I would keep my room at 75-78F(lights on), and 68-70F(when off)...but that is what I prefer..

As I have heard a million times on here....listen to your plants :2cents:

Goldwing

I'm about 2 weeks away from harvest and getting a bit of wilting and lower leaves falling off, hope it's just heat.

Goldwing

its normal thing....

what's a normal thing? writing short unconnected remarks?
headscratch.gif

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I'm about 2 weeks away from harvest and getting a bit of wilting and lower leaves falling off, hope it's just heat.

Stop feeding, start flushing with plain or RO water (more often than normal if its hot or you have wilting!), and 3 days before harvest stop watering (shortens dry time.) The last two days turn the lights off completely.

Goldwing

Stop feeding, start flushing with plain or RO water (more often than normal if its hot or you have wilting!), and 3 days before harvest stop watering (shortens dry time.) The last two days turn the lights off completely.

No way, I'm only at 53 days into flower

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
It's kinda hard to give "exact" answers - lotta variables

health, air flo, ya know,,, shit like medium can make a difference - so before ya get tweeky about "knee-jerk" answers, ya might wana be a little more descriptive - ohhhh and a picture might be good. --

You may have missed the notice,, most of us sent our crystal balls in for the 1000 sick plant check up.

That said - 80 is hot in my room and now that I have an AC for the grow - - I shoulda done this years ago.

I'm guessing you already have lights off during the afternoon etc,,

Goldwing

It's kinda hard to give "exact" answers - lotta variables

health, air flo, ya know,,, shit like medium can make a difference - so before ya get tweeky about "knee-jerk" answers, ya might wana be a little more descriptive - ohhhh and a picture might be good. --

You may have missed the notice,, most of us sent our crystal balls in for the 1000 sick plant check up.

That said - 80 is hot in my room and now that I have an AC for the grow - - I shoulda done this years ago.

I'm guessing you already have lights off during the afternoon etc,,

Yea knee jerky comments come every time without asking question first about those variables, hell when you use a cristal ball you have to ask question. even with your's in for repair ask away.

tmu

100+ isn't even a problem if everything else is in check! In fact I've seen 1' of growth per day in this range with 4000ppm Co2!

P

purpledomgoddes

Lazyman said:

No way, I'm only at 53 days into flower

to answer question, temps are kept between 78-88*f, but have been high as 110*f.

lower 90's is ok as long as there is lots of air circulation, dehumidification, and minimal c02 enhancement.

beginning flush @ 53 days flower seems reasonable. have flushed for 3 weeks before. depends on how its done.

dbfr3sh

100+ isn't even a problem if everything else is in check! In fact I've seen 1' of growth per day in this range with 4000ppm Co2!

yep a total lie.

goldwing...do you want an answer to your question or you just want to knock everyone that tries to help? just so we can stop this dumb question that has been answered a million times before....

78 is the perfect temp, anything above 85 will slow growth. is that a knee jerker for you? you can get away with more but your plants will suffer.

oh and your at 53 days wow congrats...so how long does this strain go for in your PROFESSIONAL opinion that you dont need to flush now?

im sure the same love you give to ICMAG and its members will reflect on your im guessing MASSIVE PLANTS

L

LJB

thread here: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=127379

paper here: http://www.springerlink.com/content/a3527u6018823x43/

The objective of this study was to determine the effect of light intensity, temperature and CO2 conditions on gas and water vapour exchange characteristics of C. sativa L. to establish suitable and efficient environmental conditions for its indoor cultivation.

WUE = water use efficiency
PPFD = photosynthetic photon flux densities
E = transpiration
Pn = rate of photosynthesis

A continuous decrease in intercellular CO2 concentration (Ci) and therefore, in the ratio of intercellular CO2 to ambient CO2 concentration (Ci/Ca) was observed with the increase in temperature and PPFD. However, the decrease was less pronounced at light intensities above 1500 μmol m-2s 1. In view of these results, temperature and light optima for photosynthesis was concluded to be at 25-30 C and ~1500 μmol m-2s-1 respectively. Furthermore, plants were also exposed to different concentrations of CO2 (250, 350, 450, 550, 650 and 750 μmol mol-1) under optimum PPFD and temperature conditions to assess their photosynthetic response. Rate of photosynthesis, WUE and Ci decreased by 50 %, 53 % and 10 % respectively, and Ci/Ca, E and gs increased by 25 %, 7 % and 3 % respectively when measurements were made at 250 μmol mol-1 as compared to ambient CO2 (350 μmol mol-1) level. Elevated CO2 concentration (750 μmol mol-1) suppressed E and gs ~ 29% and 42% respectively, and stimulated PN, WUE and Ci by 50 %, 111 % and 115 % respectively as compared to ambient CO2 concentration.

[..]

The rate of diffusion of CO2 is largely controlled by two factors, gs and CO2 concentration gradient between carboxylation site and ambient air (Ca). This CO2 concentration gradient at given gs and Ca is established predominantly by Ci, which is a result of mesophyll efficiency. Therefore, the diffusive entry of CO2 into leaf is a reflection of intrinsic mesophyll capacity. Sheshshayee et al. (1996) have reported Ci/gs ratio as an indicator of mesophyll efficiency and a representation of mesophyll control on PN. Our data also represent highest mesophyll efficiency (i.e. lowest Ci/gs ratio) around 30 C and 1500 μmol m-2s-1 PPFD. Values of Ci/gs ratio increased with temperature higher than 30 C, which further confirms that a combination of 30 C temperature and 1500 μmol m-2s-1 PPFD may be best suitable for the indoor cultivation of C. sativa.

[..]

Air flow rate (500 mmol s-1) and relative humidity (55 ± 5%) were kept nearly constant throughout the experiment.

dbfr3sh

I'm talking veg growth in aero with 111watts/f2 of hps.

still isnt possible...im no pro on CO2 but 4000ppms? isnt it supposed to be somewhere around 1800-2200ppms. and a foot of growth a day is not possible...what is that like 8 nodes or something. sorry but there are alot of knowledgable people on here that know that your statement is 100% false.

i would love to see what your plants look like at over 100* in an areo system.

tmu

I'm just telling you what I saw! It was an old AK47 in a walk-in closet completely sealed. He had everything in check and was using liquid lumens w/advanced nutrients and bottled Co2 w/ppm. We measured over a foot of growth/day!!! Mind you that this was in veg...

Latest posts

Latest posts