What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Filling a Screen of Green

Decisive

I have a healthy 1 foot 2 inch g13 haze plant 5 weeks old in soil (3 gallon bucket) under a 400 watt ceramic metal halide in a 4 ft x 2ft space that is showing female prefllowers. I am planning to do a screen of green. I was wondering what the quickest option is to fill up the screen to 50-60% before i can flower:

Option 1 : Veg this one plant to fill up the screen after transplanting to a 7+ gallon container.

Option 2: cut 5 clones (six plant flowering limit under the law) wait for them to root (up to 2 weeks) then veg them to fill up the screen while continuing to veg my original plant.

Option 3 : start 5 more g13 hazes straight from (feminized) seed while continuing to veg my original plant.

Regardless of which option i choose i plan to cut 1 clone from this original plant to serve as a new mother.

I'd appreciate any advice, thanks in advance

C

CMoon

for the size of grow id pot the original up as you suggest , take a few clones and flower it.

ime with 400 id make the screen = signiture 3x2........iv not grown the strain, so im guessing it would go double!

theres many variations on scrogging which acheive the same results.....most people prefer to train under screen but i prefer to train on top by clipping shoots with garden wire or plastic rings.

bests with the project, whichever way you decide

cmoon

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
What's your flowering period? 10 weeks or less, you'll want some veg. 14 weeks or more you'll want to 12/12 ASAP. Some Sativa's never stop stretching out.

The fastest way would be to figure a screen height (completely arbitrary) and fold/bend the plant over, tying it to the screen. Take some cuts before you do so when the donor is finished you'll have moms for future cuts. This will also give you an idea of how many you can grow in your space.

i'd at least start training the plant in preparation for the screen now by tying down branches horzontally to promote more tips. then, when you're ready for the screen, she's already going to have the branches needed to reach the outer edges of the screen, thus filling its area. once you up-pot, put on your screen, do some trimming to get rid of popcorn nuggets (save a few cuts for clones), and then give them a couple days to adjust the roots and grow a tad taller than the screen so you get bigger colas.

Decisive

thanks for the responses i appreciate it, my flowering time is going to be around 11 weeks, i'll start tying down branches immediately, thanks for the advice.

Latest posts

Latest posts