What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What do you do with your used hydro equipment?

snowkitty

Right now I let my very, very slightly used equipment sit in my garage, taking up waaaaaay too much room. I can't think of any way to re-sell it that doesn't involve risk of leo entanglement...so it just sits and sits and sits. I have different kinds of lights I've abandoned, different kinds of pots I've abandoned, ebb&flow trays, and other stuff I can't think of now. None of our friends are ready to grow so I've had no luck trying to re-sell it to my social network.

I guess I'm just one of those people who recycles and reuses and repurposes everything, and normally I sell my slightly used household goods on ebay or in garage sales, so its frustrating to have stuff sitting around taking up space and not going to good use. Anyone have any creative ideas?

JohnnyToke

sell it on ebay & ship it usps, ups or fedex ground. no local pickups. make it a private listing so once its sold, no info can be looked at by other ebayers etc.

that way, you see no one in person. also, when you ship it, use someone else's address as the shipper's address (gf, brother-in-law, bff etc).

JT

snowkitty

Craigslist seems to be the way to do it...I had a friend unload a bunch of it that way. Of course, now I could use various items that he sold on there, so I am kicking myself for being too eager to clean house. LOL. It's always something.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah, I use Craigslist to buy and sell used gear, but honestly I usually find that about 80% of the time, I wish I still had that old gear for somethin. Unless you need the cash, it's worth more to keep it for the unplanned eventuality. Maybe you will move, and need to set up a new room, or a second flower room, etc...

idea

personaly any money i might make back on selling used equipment is not worth the risk of selling it on craigslist or ebay.

maybe if i lived in california i wouldn't have a problem with this, but as it is it is too risky. as it is i consider any lost money as a sunk cost of doing business (not that i am a commercial grower, but i am jut sayin...)

i just realized that if i were a ripper i would cruise craigslist and local ebay listings for leads. even a picture of the equipment might tip someone off as to the location, let alone any other information revealed during the deal.

~fvk~

the Lion is going Guerrilla...
Yeah, I use Craigslist to buy and sell used gear, but honestly I usually find that about 80% of the time, I wish I still had that old gear for somethin. Unless you need the cash, it's worth more to keep it for the unplanned eventuality. Maybe you will move, and need to set up a new room, or a second flower room, etc...

For sure, I dedicate a small bedroom for all the shit saved for a rainy day. You never know when it'll come in handy, especially if something fails on you or you expand beyond your place.

Latest posts

Latest posts