What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

[B]Need Help With Grow Room Design!![/B]

hey i plan on starting a grow room in a spare back house the interior is about 5' w x 5' l x 6' h thats insulated and everything. I plan on covering the interior of it with mylar for the best reflectivity basically other then the lights which i already have (2 x 400w hps/mh) im not really sure what exactly i need to buy, i know i need a timer for the lights but, how do i set up ventilation, what type of fans, do i need an atmosphere controller, they are like 400 bucks, fuck.... id pretty much like a list of stuff ill need to set up a grow in there.... please help <3 ++REP FOR HELP

it seems since im going to have to lights im going to need an intake with a inline fan pushing air to cool the 2 lights through insulated ducting. and then a carbon scrubber attached to a vortex fan as an exhaust with 2 oscillating fans for the plants? im also contemplating installing an a/c unit ( window type ) on the back wall. any suggestions would be much appreciated.

HellaFella420

Veteran
I applaude your enthausiasm, but you should go to Barnes & Noble [or wherever!] and get yourself a MJ cultivation book, they alll have them in stock!

Sounds liek your jumping in head first with nooo background, you will get alot more knowlege out of a book you can hold and reference in an instant, then random thoughts fired off @ a website

Mind, Im NOT knocking you....just think you might be very well served by it!

$.02

I applaude your enthausiasm, but you should go to Barnes & Noble [or wherever!] and get yourself a MJ cultivation book, they alll have them in stock!

Sounds liek your jumping in head first with nooo background, you will get alot more knowlege out of a book you can hold and reference in an instant, then random thoughts fired off @ a website

$.02

ty for your comment, not really wat i asked for tho... i asked for help with the room not comments about me. ty

HellaFella420

Veteran

^^^ Did you miss this part?

I wasn't making "comment's about you" dont be so sensitive...lol

Room design [imo] is the eaisiest thing to do, so im guessing that its safe to say that you will have questions on other topics, later?

The books can be invaluble to new and old alike.....

I could sit here and give you an exact rundown of dimensions and where to put everything etc.
But you will be better-off if you read and learn and understand, not just where to put things, but the underlying concepts of WHY things work better in certin arrangments for instance....

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]I hear...I forget
I see...and I remember
I do...and I understand
Ancient Chinese Proverb

[/FONT] ^^Why I dont like to step-by-step explaing shit to ppl..... I'll advise & comment, sure!

^^^ Did you miss this part?

I wasn't making "comment's about you" dont be so sensitive...lol

Room design [imo] is the eaisiest thing to do, so im guessing then its safe to say that you will have questions on other topics, later?

They are invaluble to new and old alike.....

nah im pretty good with the other parts of growing such as the nutes and other aspects of that but the room design is just something i was wondering about but since again u seem to have provided no information what so ever, again ty...

Wow, your a dick.....

lol sorry to say dude all i asked is for help and you came into the post and didnt seem to answer one tiny aspect of what i asked you just provided me with other means of advice... i dont want those... i asked for help cuz i want help from a person not a book. so if u have nothing further ty's for talking :)