What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Grand Daddy Purps!!!

bron2k

Well finally I got some GDP cuttings from my buddy from the Bay Area so these are the real GDP. I saw the mother and she was one beautiful plant. Anyways it's been in veg for almost 2 weeks now and it's so *ucking slow. I think they got stressed a few days after I pop them in veg. I've done probably 4-5 different strains and never seen anything so slow and so sensitive. Well here's my setup. DWC in a 4x8 tray, supernatural aqua gro for my base nutes, AN pihranna, voodoo, and root excel from house and gardens. Room temp is at 73-77, humidity 55-65%, co2 1200-1400ppm, nutes 700ppm, ph 5.8. The reason I don't want to bump up my nute ppm is cuz they look too damn stress. The stems is more purple then the actual bud when is finish. LOL Are the stems on GDP suppose to be that purple? You guys tell me what you think. Any advice will be helpful!!!

Here you go Bush I know you've been waiting for pics. heheh

Attachments

• DSC01881.jpg
    DSC01881.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC01884.jpg
    DSC01884.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC01886.jpg
    DSC01886.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC01887.jpg
    DSC01887.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 5
No bro, the stems shouldn`t be purple like that. I say nute problems. The GDP is a slow vegger but those plants are deficient or locked out. I`m not a fan of DWC but different strokes. Coco + GDP = happy gardener IMO.

bron2k

yea that's what i thought too! i only have my nutes at 750ppm. it pretty much turned purple right away after i put them in veg under 1k mh. it almost seems like it got shocked. like i said before i've done 4-5 different type of strains and never have i had a problem like these GDP. same with one of my good friends that's been doing it with me. the roots has grown a lot eversince i've taken those pictures. but the plant growth is not much more difference since i topped them a week ago. what you recommend me doing Bush? thanks again bro!! looks like it's just you and me in this thead. lol:dueling:

KUSHEATER1

she can be slow and finicky as well put her on light veg nutes for about a week and they should perk up and start to show vigorous growth...I love gdp but she is a girl slow to grow but when she gets big you will be grateful

Bron2k, you seem like a pretty good guy. I`d like to see you succeed with the GDP. I don`t see myself sticking around here much. If you are truely interested in what I`ve learned about her, and how to make her produce, shoot me an e-mail. If you don`t have a throw away e-mail address, get one. ****** Replace the .org with .com
If you`re not comfortable with that, I highly suggest learning all you can about growing in coco. The GDP thrives in it.:2cents:

Last edited by a moderator: