What's new

Capt Crip? Fed ISS Grow Odor

T

turdcat

Hello,
I'm just looking for info on how Island Sweet Skunk from Federation smells while growing. I'm very familiar with their Hawaiian Sativa and I find that strain to be very very low odor. I've read where Capt Crip grew Mikado, Hawaiian and ISS, and stated that they all had a similar grow odor characteristic. I'd love to hear from Capt Crip if he wouldn't mind commenting.(thanks)

I've grown Mikado, and it does have some smell but more in the medium range, not too strong. I've read some descriptions of Fed ISS being really stinky and some say it's just a slight spicy scent. I'd just like to collect as many opinions from Fed ISS growers as I can.

I'm really stubborn about growing low odor plants. I'm getting seeds either way, but I can't grow for a while and I'd like to cross the Hawaiian with low odor strains in the future.. Like to know so I can dream up some good plans for later. I'll get a carbon scrubber just in case.

Thanks everyone

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
I grew out the CTS x ISS this summer, and it was a stinkier and a very nice sativa buzz but crappy yields...I a very nice smooth smoke kinda of fruity with a hint of skunk funk...
Hope this helps
peace
Chefboy

Weedninja

I've run the pure thing and it's about a 7 or 8 out of 10 on the stink-o-meter. It's a nice smell, but you definitely need odor control if you want to run a room full of them. Try pure sats if you want low odor.

Capt. Crip

Strain Seeker/Mirage Reading Master
Veteran
Turdcat,

There are some standout in the population and the odor is different than most strains I have grown out...I only had 1 or 2 that I would have considered keeping and ended up keeping 1..
The only plant I have grown with these odor/flavors was Mr.Danks Golden Goat which is made up of fed varieties so this makes perfect sense..I did not like the fact that all the plants odor/flavors were so similar and the 2 people running the company had split with only one of them producing seed now..I think what has happened is that the same male was used to make seed with the original female...(just a guess)but this would make sense with all the strains being so similar..If you like unique odor/flaovrs then this might be right up your alley!It is very hard to explain the odor but anyone that has grown Danks Golden Goat know the odor I speak of...Take care...................CC

the iss strain i grow is very potent, its got a lemon diesel sweet funk smell to it, great yields, awesome high, kinda makes your heart race tho def daytime smoke.. i think you`ll really like it tho one of my fav.

T

turdcat

Thanks Weedninja, Chefboy6969, and Jahbless
I grew out the CTS x ISS this summer, and it was a stinkier and a very nice sativa buzz but crappy yields...I a very nice smooth smoke kinda of fruity with a hint of skunk funk...
Hope this helps
peace
Chefboy

Did you have multiple females to choose from, and still only had a small yield? I've heard that both of those plants are supposed to yield in a decent range.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Turdcat thanks for your PM and I only grew out one female myself and gave another to a friend who got his crop ripped...So I can only report on this one plant...The plant I grew was very easy to grow..a bit of a stretch to it when in flowering and a very nice skunky almost sweet taste and smell..The yields not so great..my belief is the CTS which is a pure landrace sativa gives a more sativa buzz to the cross but it lowers yields,unfortunately.....that's just in my experience
peace
Chefboy

Ribsauce

hey turdcat... thanks for pointing me in the right direction to find the ISS the other day... and yea i havent grown out any Fed seeds yet but am planning on trying both the ISS and the Hawiian Sat. after having tried some of the Golden Goat... the smell and taste (tastes exactly how it smells until the last rip) are so amazing... it almost burns your nose but in such a good way haha... the best description i think ive heard of its unique smell was by MrDank himself when he said this...
Yeah, I guess I should have been more specific on that. What I meant was it was starting to get the smell the Golden Goat is famous for.

Growing up in my home town there was a Golden Goat recycling machine in a parking lot. It was this giant machine that you turned on and dumped any aluminum cans you had in and it would spit out change. During the summer the machine would smell like a mix of every flavor of pop and beer you could imagine. Orange soda, grape soda, root beer, lemon-lime, cola, and warm stale beer all mixed together.

When I grew my Golden Goat from seed, only one smell came to mind when I would smell her, and that was the Golden Goat growing up

but to me everytime i smelled it i got a hint of something different...i love it haha

Latest posts

Latest posts