What's new

Do you Up your organics in late flower?

B

Blunted22

Ok now first rule Burn1 says when coming over from chems is to forget everything you knew.... so sorry if this is a dumb question....

but in the last month or so in chems you might start upping the doses or adding in different chems to increase the weight of the bud... is this the same for organics...? and if so what do you do?

I believe the general rule is continue the veg regime a week or two into flowering to help with the stretch and then switch to the flowering regime and feed every single watering. maybe you want to feed every other watering(guano's and whatever else), then move into feed every watering. either way, you should still be watering with at least ewc & blackstrap every watering. someone correct me if i'm wrong!

I was actually wondering the same thing the other day... I'm just now switching into flower mode and I'm not sure with organics if I should go full force with the flowering nutes in a couple weeks with every watering...or if I should build it up, which seems like the logical thing to do... I didn't realize that watering with molasses and worm castings every watering was acceptable. I'll give it a try. However, my molasses source is a blend called Trinity, made by Aurora organics. It's a mix of molasses, aloe extract, yucca extract, kelp, and one other thing I can't remember... But the main three are molasses, yucca, and kelp. Would it be okay to give my plants these things at every watering i.e. every other day?

:joint:

barletta

Bandaid
Veteran
But the main three are molasses, yucca, and kelp. Would it be okay to give my plants these things at every watering i.e. every other day?
Only if you want delicious, frosty, stanky nuggets :D

K

Kola Radical

Molasses and water the last 3 weeks or so. I use a little Earth Juice Catalyst too. I try to finish with nothing but water the last 2 times... a sort of flush. I've never had any dirty, unflushed taste in my finished product like I get from so many hydro grows.

organick

OK this is My style, may not work for everyone.
Now that I'm at week four (flower from clone) of an Indica grow. my tubs are nicely top-dressed; just enough space at the top of the tub so water doesn't spill over. I will slow down on top-dressing now, about 1 1/2 inch of rich organic mater/tea sludge on top of the soil has built-up over the last 2 1/2 months. No or very little top-dressing for the next month.
Rich (strong) tea reginine for the next month (week 5-8). Once I start seeing a lot of milk, I'll lighten-up on my tea.
From about (depending on how close they are to harvest) week eight to week ten light tea to RO water. (That's the plan it may very, strong tea my be applyed till week 9 even).
Last two watering's just water. Gives that top-dressing a chance to get used-up. Not really a flush, just giving the microbes something to drink while they use up the nutes.

B

Blunted22

maybe i didnt clarify or just high everywatering i use guano sea kelp sea bird crap worm casting along with molasses and liquid karma... every watering what im wondering last couple weeks is if i should add more to the tea bag or more of certain guano's then others....

dbfr3sh

maybe i didnt clarify or just high everywatering i use guano sea kelp sea bird crap worm casting along with molasses and liquid karma... every watering what im wondering last couple weeks is if i should add more to the tea bag or more of certain guano's then others....

im going through the same thing as you. i dont know if i am doing it properly but im in my 6th week and using more than the recommended amount of bonicare soil bloom in organic soil with molasses. im uping the doses because starting this week i will be flushing. still no signs of finishing up yet and loves plenty on nutes but thats just my strain. its pretty hard in my opinion to overfeed in organic.

blunted, I know this may seem like a generic answer.. but give your plants what they are telling you they want. If everything is running fine, then you're probably giving them enough food. I dont think just because you are feeding them more they are going to produce more than what they are capable of. BUT, It wouldnt hurt to give it a shot one time and see how they react, if they seem to love it continue with it.

J

JackTheGrower

Organic Soil is an Art.

Ask 10 gardeners and get 10 perspectives.

It depends on your environment. If you have large plants in small containers you are more dependent on soluble nutrients whereas a plant in a larger soil area may need only water late because of the constant microbial action of the soil.

I find that one gains perspective over time by watching their plants closely.

Organic materials are hard to over do it's the chemical ones that get us in trouble.

So large soil are with plenty of organic amendments at the start and light feeding of the surface with things like compost keep microbes kicking it!

Jack