What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First CFL Cab!

G

Gr8fulDen

Got 3x26 watt 6500k CFLs. Just sprouted some very old random bagseeds - hoping for the best. Plan to go 12/12 in the next couple of days. Will switch to 2x42 watt 2700k lights.
Made the carbon scrubber using directions from Suga Bear ( Rubbermaid pencil holders from Wal Mart) and borrowed Mr. Micro's cut up tupperware attachment method to connect to a 120mm, 78 cfm computer fan. The fan pushes through the filter into the utility chamber and then is pulled out the rear of the cab by another 120mm fan. I adjust temperatures somewhat by using the switches on the dc converters to speed or slow the fans. The fan noise is masked very effectively by the garage refrigerator to the left of the rubbermaid tub. I cut the bottom out of the tub so I can slide it on or off for visual stealth.
The veg/flowering chamber is 13"L x 13"W x 19"H and I will attempt a single female scrog although the combination of a sog with some of the latest autoflowers intrigues me. I'm just a rookie but I love doing the research to produce enough good smoke for my personal use. Thanks everyone for all the fine information.

kaotic

We're Appalachian Americans, not hillbillys!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks very nice. I hope it serves you well.