What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Better start getting busy

pipeline

Cannabotanist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thats no shit.... There's lots of work to be done this season... :eek:

Better get digging if its dry enough... :smoke:

picture.php

antimatter

Veteran
For those that still have months away, just keep preparing yourself mentally for it, I try and visualize every aspect and understand what im getting myself into lol..

G

Hey Robin

Ive been as busy as a 3 legged cat trying to bury shit on a frozen pond.

The snow's gone, ground is soft and im in the field.

Start mom plants 23 days
Start crop seedlings 38 days.....and counting

Im a short timer now boys!

1ManGrow

I think were I am at we are seeing are last mild cold front..After that it is Plant time..

Good luck all

actually i do train for grow-season. i am a prof. athlete so i am always training but i do different stuff like "farmer's walks" go get used to carry water and i do the rower alot since i row a canoe to my sites. just as a heads up, lift heavy stuff with your back straight, your butt down and your head up.....otherwise you could blow out oyur back and end up a MMJer

LazLo

Got a Wii with the sports and fit discs. Started with the balance games to get the kinks out. Moved to bowling and baseball. Now I've switched from baseball to tennis. Works leg, back, shoulder, neck and arm muscles. The sport run is good for learning to control breathing. Will try adding some weight to a backpack to increase lung capacity for runs.

zappa66
Two gallons of water (15 lbs) is more than 10% of my body weight. I keep my backpack weight around that when moving supplies. And it takes many, too many trips. A plus to the many trips is the exercise. Add to that is would be all but impossible to bring anything larger than a backpack at any time, day or night, since the paved path is used 24/7 by folks. The parking lot is in the middle of a neighbohood complete with a playground.

As for the other readiness, seeds have been ordered and received, leaf litter, fresh water beach sand on hand, Black Magic potting soil purchased last month, nutes on hand, Greencure on hand and "nursery" ready for the babies. Nine weeks and counting to germination. Prep work begins next month and lasts 6 weeks. Or more.......all dependent on weather.

Why do they lock gas station bathrooms? Are they afraid someone will clean them?

PureSativa420

Glad im a bigger fella then some of ya and do not have to worry about working out to get fit for the upcoming season, All I can say is theres nothing like toting 12 to 15 gallons (90 to 120pounds) of water on ya back at one time thru the woods n then having to repeat the process 4 or 5 more times each day for the next 6months! But as time progresses over the season much more can be hauled on ya back at once then ya thought you could do.

But as for getting busy, the holes are already dug, the plants are a vegging and the mommas are ready for a new hair cut :), only thing im waiting for is May 1st then its go go go time, and bout the only thing I havnt done yet is make me a nice shelter in the woods for the nights I wont be going home to a comfy bed!

antimatter

Veteran
Glad im a bigger fella then some of ya and do not have to worry about working out to get fit for the upcoming season, All I can say is theres nothing like toting 12 to 15 gallons (90 to 120pounds) of water on ya back at one time thru the woods n then having to repeat the process 4 or 5 more times each day for the next 6months! But as time progresses over the season much more can be hauled on ya back at once then ya thought you could do.

But as for getting busy, the holes are already dug, the plants are a vegging and the mommas are ready for a new hair cut :), only thing im waiting for is May 1st then its go go go time, and bout the only thing I havnt done yet is make me a nice shelter in the woods for the nights I wont be going home to a comfy bed!

Im fortunate enough to be able to rely on rain and natural water table, have fun, 3-4 times a day for 6 months is gonna make one hell of a trail lol..

PureSativa420

5 plots per day x 7 days a week for 6 months give or take on the plant numbers, not just the same plot buddy, I keep my eggs spread far and wide :)

antimatter

Veteran
5 plots per day x 7 days a week for 6 months give or take on the plant numbers, not just the same plot buddy, I keep my eggs spread far and wide :)

Ouch man I couldn't handle that, rather just set up the irrigation, timers, pumps and reservoirs for all the plots, I dont like to work harder than I have to lol..

Might be worth your while to read about drip irrigation or buy a bunch of Clear PVC tubing and use it to move your water to your plot so you can save your energy for other things in life. http://www.dripirrigation.ca/index.asp http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&q=Clear+PVC+tubing&btnG=Search+Images