What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

1000w Vertical Organic Coco Cab

C21H30O2

I have ridden the mighty sandworm.
Veteran
Hey guys here is my 4'x4' cab. Veg pics and more info can be found here http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=106155 The light is hung vertically with the plants arranged around it. The strain is hindu skunk x skunk #1 (5) and hindu skunk ((1) she is the biggest) They are on week 3 of 12/12. The girls are in an all organic coco mix and are drip fed twice during lights on for 10 min each watering. My drip reservoir has cal/mag, liquid karma, and fulvic acid and about twice a week they receive an organic tea. They cab is also sealed with an a/c and CO2. Hope you guys enjoy the grow show. :joint:

Oh yea... my goal is 4oz per plant... think i will make it?

C21H30O2

Veteran
some update pics... plants are getting so heavy i had to add some bamboo stakes to help support the weight.... and i am only 4 weeks in :woohoo:

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
cool set up I have a rig almost identical only I have more space and more light.

the main downside of your set up is with the attached watering system, it is likely very difficult for you to turn those plants. ideally, you would give them a 1/4 turn everyday so that the whole plant gets torched properly. as it is now, you will likely get popcorn on the backside.

but, you may make your goal i have no idea how that plant yields--you do have good size plants using almost all the light.

my biggest pull of 1000 was 14 quarts.

good growing

peace
jip

C21H30O2

Veteran
cool set up I have a rig almost identical only I have more space and more light.

the main downside of your set up is with the attached watering system, it is likely very difficult for you to turn those plants. ideally, you would give them a 1/4 turn everyday so that the whole plant gets torched properly. as it is now, you will likely get popcorn on the backside.

but, you may make your goal i have no idea how that plant yields--you do have good size plants using almost all the light.

my biggest pull of 1000 was 14 quarts.

good growing

peace
jip

I actually think rotating the plants produces a smaller yield. I treat it like a vertical scrog the plants are weaves through the mesh and the plants always have the same side facing the light. rotating the plants makes the plants have to redistribute growth/flowering hormones causing a delay in growth. I also designed it to be that size so that everything inside the box is within the optimal flowering distance from the light. even the buds on the "dark side" of the plants are looking as if they will produce some nice sized nugs. :joint:

what is your setup and what are you pulling?
is 14 quarts 14 quarter lbs?

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
no it is 14 quart jars...the large mason jars. i have no idea of weight.

the key to the vert is having your plants large enough at flower. i had a severe mite problem and have been forced to flower smaller plants and have basically been on a perpetual harvest for the past six months. recently I put six plants in at once so soon I will be caught up.

i have 1400 watts hps flower 400 mh veg

peace
jip

C21H30O2

Veteran
no it is 14 quart jars...the large mason jars. i have no idea of weight.

the key to the vert is having your plants large enough at flower. i had a severe mite problem and have been forced to flower smaller plants and have basically been on a perpetual harvest for the past six months. recently I put six plants in at once so soon I will be caught up.

i have 1400 watts hps flower 400 mh veg

peace
jip

for my next grow i plan to replace the current floor in the flower box with a lazy suzan and drain table so I can just grab a stool, sit in front of the box and work on each girl without removing them from their position. Also Co2 has been intermittent so if i could get that going regular that is another boon. eventually I will run 1200 watts in a box that size.

P

purpledomgoddes

nice garden

nice garden

couple cheap, low-tech maintenance options.

cheap plant pot trolleys (cheap wood on wheels), tied together so that entire garden can be wheeled around to front door of cab/tent.

kiddie pool on plywood (whell barrel-type) on wheels as floor.

cheap wood or aluminum track (light-mover type) on floor to guide wheels. motorization optional.

another option is just to place the plants on a 2'x4' board w/ wheels for either side of the room. pull out.

Kush09

Glad to find this grow. I have a setup that is very similar to yours, just on a bigger scale. I am pulling up a chair to see how you do with this setup. Keep us updated.

C21H30O2

Veteran
couple cheap, low-tech maintenance options.

cheap plant pot trolleys (cheap wood on wheels), tied together so that entire garden can be wheeled around to front door of cab/tent.

kiddie pool on plywood (whell barrel-type) on wheels as floor.

cheap wood or aluminum track (light-mover type) on floor to guide wheels. motorization optional.

another option is just to place the plants on a 2'x4' board w/ wheels for either side of the room. pull out.

thx ill take your advice into consideration

C21H30O2

Veteran
update

update

so for the last few days I have had to battle spider mites which tends to be a bitch mid flower but it has gone well... I think I found a new way to take care of pests when you can't spray or bomb... http://icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=2159056#post2159056. Since taking care of the spider mites and getting my CO2 running smoothly (I had leaks up the wazooo) the buds seem to e swelling and every day I check them they are noticeably bigger. Never experienced that before :woohoo: More pics and updates soon. :joint:

whodi

Veteran
I actually think rotating the plants produces a smaller yield. I treat it like a vertical scrog the plants are weaves through the mesh and the plants always have the same side facing the light. rotating the plants makes the plants have to redistribute growth/flowering hormones causing a delay in growth. I also designed it to be that size so that everything inside the box is within the optimal flowering distance from the light. even the buds on the "dark side" of the plants are looking as if they will produce some nice sized nugs. :joint:

what is your setup and what are you pulling?
is 14 quarts 14 quarter lbs?

I agree about the plant rotation. I prefer to have lights in a pattern though, instead of down the middle. I like lights on each side of the plant, if you have a room large enough for it.

x o x o x
o x o x o
.. you get the idea..

looking good though for the size of space you have to work with... keep it up.

C21H30O2

Veteran
big rooms with many vertically hanging bulbs is probably the easiest way to get a lot of bud but I think the small grow area maximizes yield as there is no foliage more than 2 feet away from the light source. This keeps everything in the "nug" zone lol. I plan to eventually do 3 boxes that size or perhaps a bit taller each with 1200 watts and CO2.

jtk707

This might sound like a dumb question but what makes it a vertical grow. Are ther shelfs . Great looking plants thanx:joint:

whodi

Veteran
This might sound like a dumb question but what makes it a vertical grow. Are ther shelfs . Great looking plants thanx:joint:

When you hang the bulb vertically, without the reflector liek you see on most grows that are horizontal, is what makes it a vertical grow. The light is exposed up and down the whole plant, instead of just the top part of the plant like you see with horizontal grows.

Bush Dr

Painting the picture of Dorian Gray
Veteran
I've been running verticals for a while now, I don't turn them, they get nice fat buds on one side and the back isn't as good but the buds there are nice and all of them are solid, keep turning them and the buds end up airy .... indicas with sativa buds:bashhead:

With a vertical the back of the plant is a lot closer than the lower branches on a conventional horizontal grow, so they are fuller anyway

Great moves are afoot with vertical grows and 'pulse' lamps, at least one grower has pulled 1.89gms/watt and it was his first go with the lamps:yoinks:

Check out Sun-Pulse lamps, wavelength specific lamps :canabis::canabis:

You'll easily pull 24 oz off those plants as long as you can keep your hands off them, I always get 16+ from my 600 running a similar set up, actually it's simpler because the pots are sat on 2 big 'Garland' trays and it all drains to an 'underbed' storage tote and is pumped onto the garden

Bush:joint::joint:

C21H30O2

Veteran
I've been running verticals for a while now, I don't turn them, they get nice fat buds on one side and the back isn't as good but the buds there are nice and all of them are solid, keep turning them and the buds end up airy .... indicas with sativa buds:bashhead:

With a vertical the back of the plant is a lot closer than the lower branches on a conventional horizontal grow, so they are fuller anyway

Great moves are afoot with vertical grows and 'pulse' lamps, at least one grower has pulled 1.89gms/watt and it was his first go with the lamps:yoinks:

Check out Sun-Pulse lamps, wavelength specific lamps :canabis::canabis:

You'll easily pull 24 oz off those plants as long as you can keep your hands off them, I always get 16+ from my 600 running a similar set up, actually it's simpler because the pots are sat on 2 big 'Garland' trays and it all drains to an 'underbed' storage tote and is pumped onto the garden

Bush:joint::joint:

Thx for all the comments guys. Bush doctor can you link some info about the sun pulse lamps? sounds very interesting.