What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Light Screw ups.....worth Finishing?

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
I've really messed up this plant and would love everyone's opinion on whether to complete flowering or not.

First, we had a small heater in the room for about a month before we discovered it was throwing off light (from the coils) and hermied another plant I was growing. That' happened about 3 weeks ago when we took it out.

NOW.....I believe up until 2 days ago one of my one k w lights has been on for 24 hours (timer screw up on my part) which had probably been going on for about 4-5 days.. How I screwed all this up I don't know but I DID!

This is a soil plant in FFOF soil, approximately 10-12 gallon container, watered with reg well water (ph 6.5) with soil runoff of 6.4. It is a white rhino/power plant mix and is in day 34 of bloom. It looks terrible and half revegged with horrid little stick buds....all my own fault. My question is should I let it finish (ie....will I get ANYTHING except a few grams from this plant) or did I mess it up way too mcuy for it to finish decently??

I have pictures but am having trouble figuring out how to include them. I'm going to try and put them in my album but it froze my machine last time so......no promises.

Thanks for any advice.

nuggiespl

How long did u veg for, u already have that much time invested, unless u need space in ur garden I would finish it, most likely to have a few seeds if it does hermi. When does that strain normally finish. Does it make since money wise, elec, nutes, time, etc, guess mainly depends on what ur needs are, maybe finish it for personal stash, u proally could't get much dough for it. Hell it could completely turn around and impress u, who knows, not me, but good luck, I hate the feeling of spending a great deal of time with something, and murrphys law ruins it. I saw the plant in ur gallery. pretty bushy. I have been having pic problems to, I just copy the address at the bottom of ur gallery for that spec pict, paste it into this box here, worked for me. Peace

Last edited:
L

LolaGal

Sorry to hear about it Weedy! I am too softhearted, so I vote give it a chance if you have the room. On the other hand, I left a hermie last grow and it seeded everybody. I guess I didn't get all them nanners off!

Anybody need some crap seeds from some Mexi-brick??? They be FEMINIZED seeds! j/k

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Hey nuggie,

thanks for responding. I do have a lot of tiime invested in her.....and up until I started messing up the lighting she was doing terrific Let me go check germ date......germination date was 10/6/07 and we turned her on 12/16.

I'm afraid she got caught square in all the cancer mess we were dealing with and has suffered from of it course......but I agree she's a nice big plant and was doing so well before all the mess ups.

We had another set of hydro ones we were doing Scrog on as well.......the heater was underneath the scrog table and we were doing Master Kush and the final yield was terrible.....like 2 oz total and the rest just a mish mash of half grown, never finished buds. Really a mess and not worth all the work. Basically 4-5 oz of trim was what we ended up with.

Pirate

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death !!
Veteran
I don't understand why so many people do not visit their garden at night. Its the only way to know for sure that all systems are functioning properly. I have gone into my garden many times at night to find things out of whack.:wallbash: I probably spend more time in the garden when lights are out then when they are on.

If you have children then I doubt you never checked on em at night, Right?

Get yourself a green bulb and go see your babies sleeping. Their waiting for you every night wondering when "daddy" is gonna come say goodnight. You'll never find out AFTER 2 days that your light never shut off.

My Lights are off right now...........Guess where I'm going?

L

LolaGal

Why don't ya'll just use a flashlight with some layers of that green Saran wrap over the end.....I do, works good. & cheap.

Weedhound's post count may not be high here ya'll, but this woman can grow circles around most of the peeps I've seen! Don't let a low post count fool ya! Not all low post count peeps are newbies like me!

F

flat5th

Hey WH. It's Skeet from cann.com.

Sorry to hear about your crazy light issues. I don't have much advice but i will second the "visit your plants at night". I have an alarm on my cell phone that sounds 5 minutes before lights on and 5 minutes before lights off. Every day i go down to greet them and put them to bed (with several visits in between of course.)

Good luck with her/mie, i've been keeping a low plant count, i know the pain of seeing one go wrong!

peace!
Skeet/Fifth.

PS - check out my 2 "deSCROGs" in my album. i thought the rhino was gonna die in the first 2 weeks of bloom, i was sweatin!

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
I did buy one of those little green lights but honestly it had not occured to me to check things in the dark......sounds so TABOO!!! But I certainly will now.

Thanks for advice everyone. The problem HAS been corrected (and I did check AFTER the fact lol) and I will let her go for awhile but our MK got so messed up it almost made me cry.

I don't see any pollen sacks or anything.....just a bunh of revegged leaves and pistils here and there........SAD little pistils there and there.

Hi skeet! Fancy new name there my man. :D

theHIGHlander

european ganja growers
Veteran
weedhound dont worrie about it bro we all make an ass off it at some point (thats the fun of growing)

show good faith/love/karma bro ,,look after her and she will look after you (fingers X ),,,,iff it was me i would grow her out aswell,youve spent to much time just to bin her. BUT then again she might spit out some balls and seed everything else...
give her a week or two and see how shes coming along.. then make the call..you seem to know anuff about growing and am sure you know yaself sometimes you have to sacrifice some to save the rest. use ya growing skill and make the call,,,, am not being rude hear so please dont take it like that but (WHAT WOULD YOU DO? if it was not your plant)..

keep it green bro
highlander

Pirate

Veteran
Thought I might add 2 things:

1) The glow from the heater MIGHT not be enouh to really effect the plant. (maybe)
2) You can get yourslef some "REVERSE" made by Dutch Masters. It will stop seed production in females and kill pollen sacks in males if it happens to hermie on ya.

Weedhound

Grower
ICMag Donor
Reverse! Yes i'm glad you mentioned that Pirate.....I do use it regularly and gave ALL the girls an extra dose the day after I discovered the problem. I think that may be why our MK didn't hermie but instead did the same thing this one did.....reveg to a degree. A soil hybrid was right in the path of the heater and she came out STUFFED with seeds. So we changed out heater for a dehumid which seems to keep temps up in the dark to 65.

We'll see what she does over the next week as highlander suggested. Thanks all you guys for the suggestions and support. It seems like if it's not one thing its another......

Thanks everybody. :D

Pirate

Veteran
It seems like if it's not one thing its another...... :D

You Got that right. It's always freaking something isn't it?

Keep in mind that both of the issues you mentioned that caused this (and anything like it later) can be prevented with a green bulb.

Good Luck with it.