What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

All this snow is good, right?

wisco61

Still a week left in December with 2 big storms coming, and we are already at 120% of monthly average precip. So as I prepare to shovel another 3-6" of snow today, I just keep telling myself its all worth it for spring.

So what does this all mean? I gather that the snow will melt and raise the water table, but how efficiently? At this rate there could be a few feet of snow out in the woods come March, thats gonna be good thing for April/May right?

I also realized that my normal creek crossing are probably gonna be impossible in early spring. Rivers are gonna be running real high for a few weeks after break-up, I plan on having some kind of raft.

What else is this mess outside doing to our spring?

G

Wisco, I hope like hell this will be a good grow year. Here, weve had 2 straight years of record drought and minimal harvests and thats after a nerve shattering, back breaking grow season.

It has got to be better this year. I need a good harvest. I used to have a 2 years stock at any given time. Now im lucky to harvest enough smoke to get to the next season. I hate smoking green weed without a cure. I need for natures balance to return.

No snow here but its colder than my ex wifes heart. The top 2 " of soil is frozen so I cant work in the field.

hamstring

Veteran
Wisco
What’s up in Cheeseland? If its anything like my local (42 deg north) then it has made me change grow plots last two years. 2007 hit the 100-year flood mark 2008 hit the 100-year flood mark again. What the F***!! Fastest 100 F***ing years in my life.

Last two years I have had to deal with crazy high water marks and that would be fine if it was just in the spring but as you probably know it has been in the late summer early fall too for two years in a row. Last year I dug holes and went down to check them out on June 15th and I was in knee-deep water in a spot I had grown for 3 years previous skipping 2007 (like to skip a year after using for a couple of years).

I am really hoping to use some of my old spots again this year.

PEACE

Cascadia

The snow here is filling the rivers and creeks nicely(its all melting), glad to see it, it hasn't been raining near enough so far this year, I don't want to deal with tons of Forest fires again next year, all that smoke was killer!

wisco61

I had to post this because midwest weather just cracks me up lately. We had like 3 feet of snow on the ground, but then it warmed up tonight and rained :badday: rofl. Now, this is coming...

SOME LIGHT RAIN AND DRIZZLE ARE EXPECTED TODAY. THE PRECIPITATION WILL CHANGE TO SLEET AND FREEZING RAIN FOR A TIME LATE THIS AFTERNOON OR THIS EVENING...THEN TO SNOW OVERNIGHT. THE SNOW COULD BE QUITE HEAVY AT TIMES. A TOTAL ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO 7 INCHES OF SNOW IS EXPECTED BY MID-MORNING SUNDAY. GUSTY WEST WINDS WILL LEAD TO SOME BLOWING AND DRIFTING OF THE SNOW SUNDAY MORNING.

So perfect. A nice layer of glare ice to slip and slide on, then throw a half foot of snow on top to hide the ice and make it even more slippery. To top it off, we'll just blow that snow around into 2 foot high drifts across the road. Good times.

Oh btw, as I type this there is dense fog outside with visibility under a 1/4 mile.

You gots to love you some midwestern weather.

hamstring

Veteran
Feel your pain bro been busy shoveling water that’s right water because it has no where to go with frozen ground so to keep my garage above water I have to push water into the street. Got up every two hours all night to make sure I don’t repeat last year. A garage full of water that turned to ice later that night.

Calling for 26 degrees F tonight on top of the rain and more snow on the way. It looks a lot like last year welcome to the Midwest everglades.

Man Wisco I am hoping we don’t have one of those "100 year" water levels again for the 3rd year. See you out there next grow season in chest wadders.

PEACE

wwonka

I also feel your pain.

it hasn't stopped here in the Mass. First the ice storm now it keeps snowing.
now its going to get down to -15 tommorrow.

Fuck this shit.

N

North

Wisco,

-14 here right now. just like wisconsin winters should be.

but all this snow, I'm afraid that it wont melt off soon enough to let the frost thaw, for spring digging and prep work.

its good for the water table though, and heck, we have 2 more months of snow yet.

get out at melt off and look for hillsides that melt first, and other snowless areas, they tell you where the sun hits the hardest, good way to pick spots.

Latest posts

Latest posts