What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Your Confidence Level

Your Confidence Level

• I am the best thing to ever walk this earth, people should really start to bow when I arive.

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Most days I expect doors to be opened for me, others I open them for others.

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • I am confident in who I am as a person, but don't talk much about anything else.

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Life sucks, everyone is better than I

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • I wish I was dead, Most days I cannot cross the street

Votes: 1 2.1%

• Total voters

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
I am interesting in seeing these results. And hearing what everyone has to say... and I just got done wake n baking ;)

Anywho, the poll speaks for itself.... my theories/conclusions mid 20's:

I think confidence in people is both something u are to a certain degree born with, but at the same time as you grow older you grow natural more okay with yourself, and therefor more confident. With that said, some people are just born confident, to the point where they are cocky, sometimes to a point where its not even merited...

Age also has a bit to do with it, but I dont think half as much as life experience and genetics.

NOTE: you have to understand my sense of humor to really understand the replies.... dont take me to seriously:

it's meant to go MOST confident>not Confident at all.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
you know i did not really feel comfortable in my own skin till I hit 30

Always was worried the house of cards would fall, and I think once I hit 30, I realized whatever...............

so now I go about life doin what I want to do, I am confident in life for the most part, sure it would be great to be rich, and retired, but I am happy with what I got, and if I was not who I am now, I would not have gotten everything I have

I would place myself in #2

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
I agree. 30 was the magic number for me too; it was when I finally started feeling like I had complete control over my lifestyle and finances.
But there's still a split between the knowledge that I can handle my bidnaz like no other, and the feeling that the world does not necessarily value that skill set.
Maybe by 40 I'll get up the nerve to tell the world to go get fucked. ;)

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
If you're one of the persons that picked the lower ones, comment please.... especially if you're young... as I think if u would have asked me this question a year ago, I prob. would have picked 3, and 5 years ago i would have picked 4... hell 3 months ago i might have picked 4 for a few days. This is where my age theory comes in, and from the first two replies it seems to be fairly accurate.

I should add that my best friend is the most confident person I have ever met, it's weird cause he doesn't even have anything to be confident about.... no nice job, still in school at 25, no degree, painkiller addiction.... etc. Yet when you meet him, he has this almost aura above him, and he really believes he is better than everyone else. He has been like this since we were freaking 10 years old? I figure he had to learn it from a family member or something.

I also have another friend I met from here that I think believes this, and I can't tell for any good reason either, sure grows good weed, but I mean look at the site we're on.... lots of people here grow amazing weed.

I picked #2.... forgot to mention that.

After i was forced to grow up real quick when I got my freedom taken away for some dumb shiat, I realized life was way to short to worry about little shit. It's incredibly easy to forget this tho. Anytime I step back, i seem to remember times that were much much much worse than anything that has happened to me in the past 3 years.

I guess one could argue there are two forms of confidence (acquired and faked), or rather that cockyness and confidence are not related or are rather entirely different.... ruiling out confidence in the form of cockyness.

Last edited:

stinkyattic

her dankness
Veteran
thekingofNY said:
...painkiller addiction.... etc. Yet when you meet him, he has this almost aura above him, and he really believes he is better than everyone else.
To mask a deep insecurity? Substance abuse and insecurity are classic companions. And it is far simpler for many people to put on an air of confidence than to face their fears.

Cascadia

I have fairly good confidence in myself, but not alot of confidence in the rest of the population.

I went from the extreme of too little confidence to too much confidence over and over again in my teens through my mid 20s, as a thirty something I feel much better about life and where it is going. I definately feel more in control of my life and confidant about my abilities.

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
Good Thread King

does confidence=full flower room?

does confidence=maturity?

does confidence=comfort with ones life and comfort with who you are?

I think some of all of the above. I chose 2 but was tempted to pick 1.

in the same vein as this, I recently had a talk with my parents. When I was a child, I always thought that at some point in time when I was an adult, I wouldn't be scared anymore that type of thing. I realize now that I will always be scared of something and that it is ok to be scared of life because life can be really hard. Sometimes I feel like an old man and I am not at all only mid 30's.

I also think control of your body can give you confidence mid 20's I weighed 250 now i am fit 175. (it is an illusion of control, with sickness or injury comes loss of that control)

peace
jip

RudolfTheRed

Veteran
i am quite confident. i have my own fears and insecurities like anyone else but they don't stop me from doing/being/saying whatever i want. in fact i get a rush when i conquer my fears. its a better feeling than anything else you can ever experience.
i've never been one to look for someone's approval so I am confident with who I am. if you don't like me, oh well. your problem. I want to be left alone anyway.
And finally, being fearful of things is okay but its necessary to conquer those fears. you have ONE LIFE. there's not enough time to let your fears stop you from being who you want to be or to stop you from trying things.

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
im 21, i was pretty cocky throughout high school. lately i dont talk nearly as much but i have a more quiet confidence.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Im the sexiest mothafuckin man alive. Every girl who sees me gets hot, and when I walk by a couple the girl trys not ta stare while her dude grabs her hand. If it wasnt for this and all the woman tellin me how good I look my whole life Id probly have a low self esteem. But as it stands Im the mothafuckin man!

o.gkushowns

18 and Doh!
I think I literally lost my swagger a couple months ago. I used to be the man and walk around like i owned the world but recently im all shy n shit. I don't get it.

Also the worst thing is that confidence is key in gettin laid and right now i aint got it for some reason. It's like my swagger literally got lost somewhere. No event happened or anything, like i said..wierd.
peace

Lifebreather

Veteran
Hmm...I'm very confident in myself...but it doesn't mean that I think I'm better than everyone else and that everyone is worse than me--so none of these answers fit, honestly.

I think there is a major difference between being very confident and having a superiority complex (which generally indicates the opposite is true).

P

Paco

My exgirlfriend called me cocky once, what i dont understand is why im so goddamn shy!

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Professionally, I would be option #0. The one you don't mention that sits above "I'm the best thing ever..."

Personally, I'm between 2&3 though I prefer to open my own doors.

I believe in both hardware and software. Nurturing plays a part. My father climbed out of Lower Slobovia to do some incredible things. He taught my siblings and I that anything we wanted was ours to take. His only rule was the taking had to be through hard work and honest effort. We fell for it hook, line and sinker. Turns out he was right.

Latest posts

Latest posts