What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Need advice on a sativa to grow for first time indoor.

NickMode

Well this past outdoor season was my first attempt to grow some buds. I did a good job yielding about a pound. Unfortunately because of my lat and skepticism about actually getting the plants to flower, i picked some really easy to grow seeds from nirvana. Which turned out great. Ak48, PPP, Top44. I grew then in all organic stuff so i really didnt have to add anything besides molasses with water. I plan to do the same with the sativas.

But i want to grow a 1-2 almost pure sativas indoors. Some really strong, long flowering sativas. I was thinking about using the rubbermaid tub grow, seen here
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=100698
using cfls. Will a be able to grow a long flowering sativa with say around 175w or cfls?

Anyways i was looking at these strains.
Flying Dutchmen - Haze Mist
Flying Dutchmen - Original Haze. - Do people even smoke this? or is it just for crosses?
Sensi Seeds - Silver Haze
Some Seeds - NYC Diesel - Is this sativa or indica? Said it won a sativa contest?
Serious Seeds - Kali Mist

So thats what ive thought about growing from whats available on seedboutique. If you want to suggest another strain then go for it.

So what do you all think?

Last edited:

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kali Mist is a good choice, but I'd check out Mr. Nice or Ace/CannaBiogen over Sensi and FD. Just my :2cents:

Last edited:

Weedninja

I agree with Highlighter on MNS and Ace/CBG. Serious has changed Kali, so if you're reading old smoke reports......

You may have problems with that setup with sats. The stretch is usually at least 2x the original height of the plant.

I would go with Silver Haze but if you do have height problems, you can always LST

Satori is also another good choice if you would add that too your list even though it contains indica genetics

G

kali is not that bad it has some short flowering phenos and some in between the 2.
and some 90 day ones.and it does not stretch as much as you might think.
my main concern would be the light.you should get a hps. or a bank of t5-8s you need high light out put to do a real sativa or you will have skimpy yields. you need a 600 watt or over to do a sativa right.but you can do a scrog with the sativa using 400 but it will e wispy buds.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Silver Haze gets my vote, I had some from an outdoor crop that was killer.

Hi NickMode,

I've been trying to figure the same thing out too. Check my reply out (with links) on this thread over at the Ace forum for some more info:

and also "the high-pod" has higher intensity fluoros like dan woody was talking about is a little taller than two stacked rubbermaid tubs while still being relatively affordable and stealthy for indoor use:

...and the dry yield from one plant?

Hope this helps. :rasta:

Veda Beta

Here is what I think.

If you want a sat then id make you go with something proven.
If you want something also for indoor indoor id look for maybe not a LONG LONG flowering sat

From your list and your stated choice of buying, it looks like you will spend 60-135 USD on a pack of seeds, correct me if I'm wrong. NYCD is 20 sat and ya it won a few times as top sat. Most the strains in your list finish indoors within 10-11 weeks with the 2 Flying Dutchman strains being the ones that can take longer. Since you are looking for suggestions here are mine based on your spending and sat needs.

Sagarmatha - Special K 70days, 78USD

WallyDuck - C99 X Panama Red 70-77days, 64USD
C99 X Haze 70-75days, 68USD

Chimera/Legends - Johnny Blaze 10-12 Weeks, 60USD

just a few id like to toss out there... you should be able to find recent grows of these is the reason I picked them.

-V.B