What's new

Beaten Baby coming from Growhouse...WTF!!!!

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

The daily MJ related crime report I am subscribed to sent me this today:

PS: I don't wish anyone bad...but this person...well...see/read yourself.

icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif
icon8.gif

Deputies: Baby beaten, dropped off at hospital; grow house discovered at home

An infant was dropped off at the emergency room of HealthPark Medical Center early Sunday morning with massive head trauma, broken bones, bruises and signs of strangulation. The man who dropped him off, Ryan Costello, 31, of Fort Myers, handed the child to a nurse, ran back to his SUV and then left the area.

The child, who is now surviving on a respirator, was transported to All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg.

The Lee sheriff’s Child Abuse Unit was assigned to investigate, and after identifying Costello as the man who dropped the child off, detectives learned that another child was home alone. When responding to that home, on Portofino Springs Boulevard, detectives found a grow house. The other child, a 21-month-old, was found alone and unharmed.

Department of Children and Families spokeswoman Erin Gillespie said an investigation has been started. The couple had no previous record of complaints.

According to Lt. Larry King, the investigation revealed the child’s mother returned home from a local bar around 2 a.m. A physical altercation occurred between the suspect, a friend and Costello outside the home.

“Once the friend left, the victim was knocked to the floor and beaten,” King reported. “She pretended to be unconscious and Costello retreated to a bedroom. As she got up from the living room floor, she noticed her son lying on a cushion, unresponsive and struggling to breathe.”
She immediately took the child and began to run to the hospital. Moments later, Costello pulled up in an SUV and drove the two to the emergency room.

Costello surrendered to detectives and was charged with aggravated child abuse, child neglect, manufacture of marijuana, possession of cocaine, possession of drug paraphernalia and two counts of misdemeanor battery.

When deputies arrived at the residence, they found four marijuana plants in plain view, and upstairs, 25 planters of soil, overhead lights, fans and an air conditioning duct modified to cool the lights. Trails of soil, the disturbed pots and other evidence indicated numerous plants had been moved recently, King reported. Also in connection with the grow house, deputies arrested Whitney Simonson, 24, on charges of marijuana manufacturing, possession of cocaine and possession of drug paraphernalia. It is not yet clear whether Simonson is the mother of the child hospitalized in St. Petersburg.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
I have NO sympathy for anyone who does harm to a child. Fucker can rot in a cell as far as I'm concerned.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Wow, what a dirtbag! Glad he got caught.

On a similar note, thank god for morons who keep cops busy and away from us more careful (and non-child-abusing) growers.

SOTF420

Humble Human, Freedom Fighter, Cannabis Lover, Bre
ICMag Donor
Veteran
According to Lt. Larry King, the investigation revealed the child’s mother returned home from a local bar around 2 a.m.

Very revealing how these things start.

Beanfish

He'll get his in prison. There's no love for those who commit crimes against women or [especially] children in the clink. He'll be someone's bitch. Assuming he's not "taken care" of first.

lockehead

Hm.. weed growing everywhere, cocaine, drug paraphernalias, and an unwanted visitor at the house... possible case of 'noid rage.