What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

some thai stick

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here is some thai stick i got

hardly any seeds in it but the seeds that were in it are perfect uncrushed seeds
will definately be popping some of these in the future

also made a litle bit of oil of the thai looks so yummy and smells dam good to havent smoked it yet

Lucky 7

wow! Sweeeeetttt!!!!!!!!!!!!

how's that smoke, ojd? I was in London last fall. Great city! If ya can't find something fun to do there, you're dead!!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lovely thai weed compared to anything ive seen in many years
it has that spicy smell to it like the original thai
it smokes nice and gives you an up sativa buzz after a few joints with a bit of body to go with
the oil smells so good kinda a litle haze smell in there
cant wait to try
if any good i am going to make an eith if i can

J

Jack Crevalle

Very cool. If you don't mind me asking, is that from Thailand and did you get that in Thailand? I've never seen thai sticks where I live...and what is the green bud on the right in the first pic? Is that yours?

Last edited:

mj_groen

yummmy... i remember the good old days of thai stick!!! love that aroma totally, sure can't get them here.

enjoy :)

math_weed

Looks lovely ojd.

What city of Thailand did you get it at? was it a simple process or was it hard to find a connect?

math

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well-travelled sticks...:)

Well-travelled sticks...:)

It's good to see I'm not the only one who bumped into those...! :yummy:

BTW, check my thread on the 'challenges' popping those perfect seeds...:)

zamalito

Veteran
Weird!! they really look like the same sticks you guys got. I wonder if it was kevin bacon that smuggled the herb? (Bad 6 degrees of kevin bacon joke)

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
BTW, my sole seedling so far is definitely looking Thai...I'll update tomorrow :chin:

There's another broken the surface, but it had big problems getting rid of it's shell - had to give it a helping hand, but I don't know if that one will make it. These shells are like clams...:(

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
I posted a few pics in my thread - this is gonna be fun, if your seeds will germ too - even if it is 1 in 20...:(

Nice to see the distribution is wider than I thought - I don't live anywhere near London, so it's obviously moving around. Let me know if you start to germ any. We have a Thai Stick Club (UK) now...I don't feel so lonely anymore...:)

J

Jack Crevalle

Lucky UK bastards LOL. Great to see there's more than just sandy weed nowadays over there.
I still wouldn't trade a z of OG kush for that. Let the flaming begin LOL

ngakpa

Veteran
sanuk sanuk man

... but like what the fuck are you doing turning it into oil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

hehe - well, each to their own ...

yeh, looking conspicuously similiar to EM's - my money is still very much on this herb coming from North Thailand ...

get them germed

and (in his best Gregory Peck voice): "put the isopropyl alcohol down Damien"

cheers,

Namkha

minds_I

Veteran
Hello all,

Firstly, I am not trying to start any shit storms....but the stixs I got back in San Diego
in the late 70's looked noting like that.

Not saying yours is not what you say it to be, just that the old days thai was wrapped around a bamboo stick with either fiber from the bamboo or the thai itself.

The lenght varied but was usually about 6-8 inches long (by the time I got it) and was seldom larger then a nickle...maybe a quarter...maybe.

Anyway, the thai I would get at the base was top shelf and directly from Thailand via the USS ??????. It was reputed to be dipped in opium but I doubt that report.

So, yours maybe just packaged differently so its all good. As long as the high is there thats all that matters in the final wash.

Nice bricks to be sure and the buds look so tasty.

Good luck on the seeds.
minds_I

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ngakpa
i do what i like with myyy herbbb okkk
hehe

minds
i also agree it doesnt come the same as the proper thai ive had in the past but it had a litle smell of the original in it so i think it would be worth popping seeds which i will def do in the future as elevatorman is

ngakpa

Veteran
heya :)

wouldn't say the presentation of Thai herb necessarily has a link with the quality myself ... but if it is good it should be immediately obvious from the colouration, moisture content and aroma that it has been well cured

and admittedly though the best stuff I smoked in Thailand did come on sticks, it wasn't always the case that quality ganja did, by any means ... I remember some bud in Bangkok that had the most delerious, breathless lightening high ... I can't say it was pleasant - it was too racey, and in BKK just made too paranoid ... I could barely walk - but it came from a ghetto Thai area, and it did not look, smell, smoke or feel like hybrid

I read Sam Skunkman saying that the (best?) strongest Thai herb he smoked in the '70s came as loose golden buds - he reckoned it was from Issan, but some people called it Golden Laos (the growing regions of Issan are just over the Mekong from Laos anyway, and the people speak the same language and are largely of the same ethinc group etc. so there is not likely to be much in it either way ... though now I think about it, the one difference is that if it was grown in Laos it would almost certainly have been grown at a higher/high altitude)

also, I have smoked Thai which came on sticks and was pretty mediocre

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
The stuff we got a few years back was on sticks - and they were a total rip-off compared to this stuff. They were much more seedy and twiggy, except most of the seeds were crushed and/or non-viable. And in some cases, the stick was a wooden kebab skewer, meaning it could take up about an eighth of the total weight. The weed itself was good, but more of the 'chocolate', narcotic type.

This stuff is greener - the second 'stick' (as there is no stick in these) I saw had more red/brown, but this is clearly just individual plant batches. When I got my first stick, it was stuck together in a bunch of four, just like in OJD's pic. Stuck together with its own resin, I might add. Anyway, I saw my friend the other day and asked about more, but sadly no. He did saw me a bit off his stick to take home, and gave me another 20 or so seeds, so I'm not complaining. And I now have three seedlings up and running!

OJD - if you DO get some to grow, and if either of us only ends up with one gender each, you know what may be required...? :)

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
I envy you guys! :p I'll be in Thailand soon. Hopefully I'll be able to locate some good Thai stick! It'll be interesting to see how those plants turn out.