What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DANGER! GLASS WEED

Tudo

Troublemaker
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Has to have been done by some government. Now who would do such an evil thing

S

SooperSmurph

I thought people were dicks for spraying their mediocre buds with coffee creamer during the White Widow craze of the early 00s, if I found someone adulterating weed I would consider dropping a dime for the first time in my life.

GF-Z

No thats just sick. I ll never ever buy in street. Fck it. And never recommend anyone.. Its just omg playing with your life...
Brix, silicon, glass what, hair spray? Its pain to read all this. Just starting to feel sick how humanity reaching peak of mental uglyness.. Its enough to understand that plant holds most mobile nutes which are toxic in high dosage. I mean nitrogen and phosphorous(especially cheap sources). Mostly all commercials never flushed out and testing of bud ends with: oh my balls still here, im alive? Yes. Oh great then its good.

So maybe someone wants to try make a sandwich?
Syntetic cannabinoids (no1 reason why i hate science) + low grade big bud moulded a bit + unflushed & hard syntetic nutes(overall mineral) + mm ou a bit glass dust and in the end fresh baked on heaters material which is completely .. raped after all shit.. Hm just imagine how much it would weigth and screw your genome. :)

I

im me

if i didn't grow it i don't smoke it plain and simple. you'd be amazed the kind of shit people put on bud round here to make an extra buck...cocksuckers!

GF-Z

I remember days when i my ex.country we smoked some hash, which we taken from friend "friend".
Hes not really wants something nice in life, except being high as fuck. So heres the problem goes :) people should think a lil bit what can cause you harm and what can cause healing. And then smoke it like addict

For example: people who are linked to mental problems, are very sensitive to mood stimulators. And some like cocaine can, even after few times fuck up your brain for 10years & more.
Like some strains which will dont even give a fuck about nutrient burn and keep streching in worst case and some will die in few days (hydro).. Example: white widow vs skunk #1 and etc..
So people putting chemicals, even worse if they add psychoactivity are simply killing mentally weak people.. Because some of us will not die even from poison and for others is enough not to wash hands and they get infections, pneunomia bla bla.
Flush your stuff.
Dry it properly
Vent it good.
Stay healthy & safe.
Peace.

saluki

ICMag Donor
This is a reason that they should legalize and or allow me to grow my own in my home! The hell glass weed, spraying with silicone to add weight, tons of shady shit i heard in montreal. Homie used to lick pictures he'd get sometimes they tasted like sugar lmao.

subdub

Hi,

It's incredibly common in France since a few years now on the black market.
When I lived there (2001-2005), I would get my hands on top-notch indoor buds (mostly from Holland), super high quality, mostly "coffee-shop" quality gear. However the last year (2005), I witnessed a severe decline: weed cut with flour or crushed seeds. I think everything started to spread around that year, certainly before that... A friend in the UK found crushed glass in his bud, and had a sore throat for 2 days, around the same time too.

I have a few friends there that still buy some to this day (occasional users), despite my numerous warnings.
When smoked, the hash becomes rock hard, wet, leaves some kind of "grease", the smaoke has no smell, no taste, and does not get you high: yep, that's this bullshit grit weed. Fresh buds under a bright light is very sparkly. Normal fresh weed will do that too but not on EVERY trichomes. Also, grit weed is often wet/damp. (So basically you're mostly buying water, adulterant chemicals and resin-less pot).

I encountered it *once* here in Switzerland, some friend came to me saying he could get some apparently super dank stuff, from a friend of his. The weed looked great inside the bag, great color, nice orange hairs, very crystalized.
I proceed to open the bag and there is a vague chemical skunk smell coming out, but green looking this good should be super stinky!

So I inspect it more closely under a bright light and I recognize this weird sparkling effect ... We proceed to grind a big bud, and found tons of a beige powder that would just fall off so easily. We could easily separate the plant material from that dust.

I tried putting a small bud in a glass of water: 30 minutes later, I can see the same beige powder on the bottom of the glass. It was only a few grams, but each time I opened the bag, that fake chemical skunk smell would just disgust me: smelled like weed, but not really.

My friend was studying at a science university at that time and was able to inspect it under a microscope. He found really small silica balls, "well-shaped", that would only burn at a very high temperature. He said it was everywhere in the plant material (sugar leaves, buds, stems, pistils...just everywhere and in large quantities), as it was sprayed under high pressure.

There is ONE test you can easily do if you suspect grit weed: take the bag and shake it vigorously for a few seconds.
If you see a beige/off-white residue in excessive amounts, then there it is, grit weed. Even super dry and frosty weed won't leave so much glands.

I've read somewhere (can't remember where exactly) about marijuana illegally exported from Holland.
The "customer" can buy weed with a certain amount of adulterants. The interviewed dealer was saying it was very common, flooding the black market in other european countries. They even do it locally now. Of course, I'm not saying all weed coming out Holland is cut, but there's a market for grit weed and I guess most low-key dealer don't give a shit about the quality and just want an appealing product at a cheap price ... Yes, it's usually cheaper or priced as the regular weed.

Don't smoke that crap. Spread the word, because it's already a serious public health problem for a few years now and will only bring more bad reputation to marijuana.

Just grow your own.
subdub.

K

K.O.Genetics

this shit was brought up in 2005 .. lol. and I guess people haven't smoked great buds.. cause all the bud I grow.. if I put it in a bag.. and it drys out.. it will leave a ton of keif behind.. but the glass shit doesn't even look like trichomes.

_Haste_

NYC area

NYC area

I know this thread died off but i just wanted to warn people that i have seen contaminated weed floating around the NYC metro area for over 4 years now.. it started with shards of glass.. then it would have these tiny silicon balls and would shoot off blue sparks when smoked.. now it seems theyre using something else these days.. way harder to tell.. whatever it is it definitely adds weight.. the buds have a hard plastic feel to them.. these days there is a ton of good west coast buds floating around NYC and the surrounding area so i wouldnt call it an epidemic.. it was way worse about 3 years ago.. the stuff i see that is clearly adulterated is coming from albanians.. who have a pretty decent stake in the weed trade in NYC.. especially in the bronx and queens.. a few years ago they were flooding ny with BC bud.. stuff i would definitely consider high quality.. stuff that would sell itself and definitely not need to fucked around with which goes to show the level of greed these people operate with.. i have reason to believe that the albanian gang that was responsible for the adulterated weed was taken off the streets as this article may explain..http://nypost.com/2011/07/13/feds-nypd-bust-37-in-ny-based-albanian-drug-ring/
however there are plenty more of these gangs doing the same thing.. BE CAREFUL.. ask questions and try to find out where your weed is coming from.. is it commercial buds that are coming from ruthless gangs whose only concern is to make money.. or is it coming from a source that has the decency to care about their customers.. if youve seen enough bud you can usually tell if youre getting nice west coast buds or commercial shit from canada or who knows where.. sadly it seems the uptown haze of the good ole days has really died off and the dominicans are switching to west coast strains or plain old sour.. thats all anyone cares about these days is fucking sour diesel.. anyways safe smoking and keep your eyes open

SativaBreather

Veteran
wow, never thought you guys would have that shit in the US. I thought only the British were getting ripped off by the Dutch with it. As for the abundance of diesel, its like in the UK here its all fucking 'cheese' or amnesia.

A

AshitMyself

wow, never thought you guys would have that shit in the US. I thought only the British were getting ripped off by the Dutch with it. As for the abundance of diesel, its like in the UK here its all fucking 'cheese' or amnesia.

I agree only cheese & amnesia in my area

Never came across it.
Sure it might increase the weight but then visually the amount of pot in the bag will look smaller.
I mean you buy an oz going by sight, by how full the bag looks, and if you think that looks a good amount of pot for the price then you buy it.
There are too many variables affecting the weight such as how dry it is too just go by weight alone.

OakyJoe

OGJoe / Wiener und kein Allemann
Veteran
Hi,

It's incredibly common in France since a few years now on the black market.
When I lived there (2001-2005), I would get my hands on top-notch indoor buds (mostly from Holland), super high quality, mostly "coffee-shop" quality gear. However the last year (2005), I witnessed a severe decline: weed cut with flour or crushed seeds. I think everything started to spread around that year, certainly before that... A friend in the UK found crushed glass in his bud, and had a sore throat for 2 days, around the same time too.

I have a few friends there that still buy some to this day (occasional users), despite my numerous warnings.
When smoked, the hash becomes rock hard, wet, leaves some kind of "grease", the smaoke has no smell, no taste, and does not get you high: yep, that's this bullshit grit weed. Fresh buds under a bright light is very sparkly. Normal fresh weed will do that too but not on EVERY trichomes. Also, grit weed is often wet/damp. (So basically you're mostly buying water, adulterant chemicals and resin-less pot).

I encountered it *once* here in Switzerland, some friend came to me saying he could get some apparently super dank stuff, from a friend of his. The weed looked great inside the bag, great color, nice orange hairs, very crystalized.
I proceed to open the bag and there is a vague chemical skunk smell coming out, but green looking this good should be super stinky!

So I inspect it more closely under a bright light and I recognize this weird sparkling effect ... We proceed to grind a big bud, and found tons of a beige powder that would just fall off so easily. We could easily separate the plant material from that dust.

I tried putting a small bud in a glass of water: 30 minutes later, I can see the same beige powder on the bottom of the glass. It was only a few grams, but each time I opened the bag, that fake chemical skunk smell would just disgust me: smelled like weed, but not really.

My friend was studying at a science university at that time and was able to inspect it under a microscope. He found really small silica balls, "well-shaped", that would only burn at a very high temperature. He said it was everywhere in the plant material (sugar leaves, buds, stems, pistils...just everywhere and in large quantities), as it was sprayed under high pressure.

There is ONE test you can easily do if you suspect grit weed: take the bag and shake it vigorously for a few seconds.
If you see a beige/off-white residue in excessive amounts, then there it is, grit weed. Even super dry and frosty weed won't leave so much glands.

I've read somewhere (can't remember where exactly) about marijuana illegally exported from Holland.
The "customer" can buy weed with a certain amount of adulterants. The interviewed dealer was saying it was very common, flooding the black market in other european countries. They even do it locally now. Of course, I'm not saying all weed coming out Holland is cut, but there's a market for grit weed and I guess most low-key dealer don't give a shit about the quality and just want an appealing product at a cheap price ... Yes, it's usually cheaper or priced as the regular weed.

Don't smoke that crap. Spread the word, because it's already a serious public health problem for a few years now and will only bring more bad reputation to marijuana.

Just grow your own.
subdub.

Thats correrct! Sadly all over European there is dirty stuff =(

hom

Veteran
A few weeks ago a friend asked me to help her make some Rick Simpson oil for a patient she knows. She asked me because she couldn't find any weed. At this time I didn't have any weed I had grown myself to give her so I said I could ask around. The first guy told me he had some amnesia and he dropped an ounce over. He reckoned it was his last ounce from a kilo he got 2 days before. I rolled a spliff and immediately realized it was grit weed. There was no real smell, it was far too crystally looking, and it tasted foul. Also, the ash was like a rock. I gave it back to him and rang my cousin. My cuz arrived a few hours later with an ounce of "cheese". I looked into the bag and was confronted with yet another batch of shite weed. No smell, very compact, hard, and loads of dust at the bottom of the bag. Looked like really fine sand. People here call it cup a soup weed. Rotten. I finally got onto an older mate and he said he could help. Got an ounce of real buds for 100 euro less than the asking price of the shit weed. This country is full of sub standard and contaminated weed. At least we have some fine import hashish and we can also grow our own ladies.
Everyone should just plant and grow. Fuck the criminals who try to poison us for profit. They have no love for our favorite plant.

DrBagseed

Luckily I have only came across grit weed once as far as I can remember, now the vacuum packed to get tight nugs before it's completely dried is a bitch. Grams at 1/3 or 1/4 of the original size with no smell and yellow/beige trichs have flooded the local market. It actually looks reaaally dank to the ''untrained'' eye.

Never heard of adulterated bud in Aus. before....but....recently I was offered an oz of 'primo purple buds' by a young muslim Leb with whom I'm aquainted. Straight away on inspection something didn't look right, strangest looking bud I've ever seen (Lebs explained this was proof of it's uniqueness) and it was damp. I was scoring for a mate so despite pressure from this Leb & several of his mates I insisted on checking it with a $7 hygrometer. Sealed in the bag for a few minutes the hygrometer read 73% (I store mine around 63%) & rising. Told the young Lebs to fuck off, they weren't very happy.
It wasn't till I read this thread that I realise that adulteration with God-knows-what probably explains the odd appearance of this bud.
In the past the only bud to steer clear was 'gook gear'. Growing bud is a home industry in the Vietnamese community where an over-use of chemicals is common, giving unpleasant effects.
Trust the Lebs to try adulterating herb,they have little respect. Anyone else in Aus. come across perverted herb?

SpaceBros.

I first noticed this back in 2000 or so didn't know exactly what it was but knew something wasn't right. Super crystally weed that lacked smell and didn't really get you high. I even had a seizure one time or something similar when smoking a whole spliff to myself. One kind had sparkling elements when smoked through a bong. We called it Mr. Sparkle. Needless to say I do my best to stay away from this kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts