What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DANGER! GLASS WEED

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
You'd think supply and demand would put this "glass weed" nonsense in its coffin. Grow a quality product and it will sell no problem.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
You'd think supply and demand would put this "glass weed" nonsense in its coffin. Grow a quality product and it will sell no problem.

You're not seeing the picture... The reason people do this is to get more weight quality for all we know could be the fire but like people do with cocaine to expand the amount of dollars received

JustSumTomatoes

I totally get why people do it, I just don't understand why anyone would buy from someone who's known for doing this. I don't know how it is over there, maybe bud is scarce enough and people want it badly enough that they take what they can get without asking questions.

Never even heard of people trying to pull that shit around here. Mentioned it before, but the worst I saw was a dude who got caught using a meat humidifier to add water weight. Dude got laughed out of the market and no one would touch anything he was trying to sell ever again. If someone put glass in weed I'd imagine someone would set them up to get robbed.

redlaser

Veteran
So, it’s often a spray with crushed glass or small beads?
It doesn’t sound like it would add much weight unless it was over done or maybe left more wet afterwards.

I’ve had about a quarter gram of eggshells in an ounce a friend picked up for me forty years ago. Very obvious white chips in rabbit turd like buds. Outstanding weed that I wish I could buy again, very dark brown with great cure and ideal moisture, kind of like individually compressed big Jellybean sized buds

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Yeah Its relective glass beads that are sprayed throughout bud formation, its pretty heavy stuff.. you can get them to add to paints to make them reflective.. it adds a lot of weight sadly and to the average uninformed user just looks like resin on resin..

People just dont know.. the standard here varies so badly based on what and who you know and what the dealer knows that unfortunately this shit can make it to the consumer..

its stupid that the quality argument in terms of health benefits of correctly grown cannabis was never considered here as a part of the legalisation argument because the govt. Is effectively complicit with these gangs growing and producing shitty toxic weed. Legalise it and then we can grow and smoke clean cannabis :dunno: fucking snakes in suits man they want us all dead im sure of it lol

You can tell instantly, unless your completely retarded or in a rush. but the kids dont really know much about it all.. All that happens is the dealers eventually lose all their worthwhile customers so i doubt it will be around for long and probably mainly in the North..

JustSumTomatoes

Has anyone gotten sick or died from this? Does this glass stuff burn or does it just sit as a bunch of little beads in the ash after the buds been smoked?

Lost in a SOG, you make a pretty solid argument for legalization. If public safety is a reason for keeping it illegal than big brother has actually put people in greater danger by creating this black market profit scenario. The law truly doesn't give a flying fuck about people and their safety.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
^^ Exactly..

Its hard to detect in the ash as it doesnt burn or char.. the ash is very very heavy though and will fall off even if its 3-4mm off the J..

No one has died from it that i know of, you would have to be super dedicated to wasting your money and the body hates smoking it as well.. chronically as an accumulated damage in there with lots of other pollutants yes, acutely i doubt it.

It doesnt burn you but your breathing feels laboured and you become acutely aware some part of your lungs have been scratched or irritated..

If you smoke that shit for a night you feel awful the next day..

Some of it must combust OR its a binding agent isnt it that will be combusting.. its horrifying to even imagine the damage, greed and stupidity involved..but the UK is a wild west of criminality.. The royal family all the way down to the politicians their all gangsters, thieves, pirates, highway men etc.. its all fuck the good hearted and innocent.

JustSumTomatoes

That's seriously messed up. There are people who grow cause they love the plant and there are people who grow cause they love the money.

St. Phatty

Might be a good way to smuggle diamonds.

Just embed them into a big bud and tell the Customs guy your pot has big resin crystals.

JustSumTomatoes

I once found a boot lace in a quarter pound of commercial. I wonder all the things human beings have stuffed inside of weed to make it heavier.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Sand was one they used... and salt water sprayed on, wax , ... people are wankers sometimes.
I once saw one guy covering a big pile of buds with after shave (he was a friend of someone I used to buy hash from) ... I politely asked what the fuck he was doing, and he said he was increasing the weight and smell... I told him he was a wrong un and he smiled and he went back to work.

'Boogieman'

I have found little black screwes in mexican brick, im also pretty sure they added black hair to buds before to increase weight.

mexweed

Veteran
been doing some more reading about it, found stuff warning about it all over europe, paris, vienna, berlin, even something about it showing up in ny

one of the things they mention is a foliar spray called brix

JockBudman

Fucking grit weed - dark days indeed and the main reason I took to growing my own.

I remember my mate who moved weight bringing in a sack of "white widow" import, gushing about the crystals on it. We ground some up and built a spliff and afterwards spent ages spinning the grinder on the table top - there were so many silica beads on the table it wouldn't stop rotating. Amazing, we thought, how much crystal is on this shit?! :puke:

It wasn't til a year or so down the line that the grit weed hit the news and we realised what we'd been smoking. Neither me nor the dealer pal were happy - he now had to try to get uncontaminated product which meant wet Viet weed and a hard sell to folk that liked the artificial good looks of grit.

Even now I still chew on a sugar leaf when I've bought a new bag just to make sure. I used to have a special grinder just for dealer bud that I could bin if I heard it scrape or it crunched on the bite. Luckily that one time was the only time I got the shit (there's something to be said for dealing with the Viets, they never sprayed around us, just sold the shit so wet it might as well still be in the pot 😂 )

Hope to fuck rumours it's back are just that, but at least we have the net and social media to spread the word to the innocent.

Ganja gu brah :joint:

I have a tale geordy land man turns up with jelly hash 4,000 a lump 10 in a bag 40 stashed this was 2009 . We all jumped 2 weeks later another man turns up with a truck load of weed , we jumped but as the people came we soon realized eveyone was sprayed up or greasy ash like wd40 . I heard they had tons stashed buried . This finished me and i have never dabbled again . Lost all profit . My theory is Albanian gangs working with the authoritys to flood Europe including uk . It must have fucked every one from the smoker to the ton buyers .

I

izzypog

I heard about this a while back, I grow my own, no worries, seriously, dealers are getting very shady and my bags were getting smaller. I have been growing for four years, the seed companies have been straight up, except one and I do not know if I can say who it is.

CBDman

This is nasty when people do this.

The biggest problem is bad Hasch, they mix in Sprice, Fuel and other bad stuff.

How To Tell If Weed Is Laced With Glass

For weed you suspect is laced with glass to make it look like it has more resinous trichomes, take out a bud and a CD you don’t care about. Rub the bud against the CD. If there’s glass in your weed, it will make unmistakable scratches on the CD’s surface.

If you’ve never heard of CDs, or don’t have any, any soft, smooth plastic will do.

How To Know If Your Weed Is Laced With Detergent

Soap suds up. So drop a bud into a small amount of water and swish it around. If bubbles or a soapy film appear in the water, you’ve got bad tree.

How To Tell If Weed Is Laced With Solvents or Other Chemicals

Formaldehyde, fuel, and other chemical additives are usually flammable. To see if your weed has been laced with these substances, hold a bud over a flame and watch what happens.

If it flashes up, sparks, pops or behaves unlike normal weed, throw it out along with the rest of the batch.

General Laced Weed Symptoms
In general, if you’ve smoked laced weed, you’re going to have an experience that doesn’t resemble a typical high produced by high quality, unadulterated cannabis.

So look for things that don’t usually happen when you use cannabis. Excessive energy or agitation. Weird mood swings. Problems with breathing or with your heart rate. Dizziness and lack of coordination. Vomiting, diarrhea and other gastrointestinal distress.

Consider Getting a Drug Testing Kit
If you’re really concerned about laced weed, the best thing to do would be to find a new source for your cannabis.

Try to buy from someone you trust or talk to someone who has procured cannabis from a source without issue multiple times.

Sometimes, however, especially after a bad experience, you might want to know exactly what kind of drug your weed was laced with. In that case, it makes sense to use a drug testing kit.

Home drug testing kits can be bought at affordable prices from many pharmacies and online retailers.

Hopefully, you’ll never have to worry about laced weed or how to tell if weed is laced. As cannabis becomes more mainstream, legal and regulated, products will become safer and more consistent.