What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DANGER! GLASS WEED

Verite

My little pony.. my little pony
Veteran
... like it would feel gritty ...

" I feel gritty,
Oh, so gritty,
I feel gritty and witty and bright!
And I pity
Any sack who isn't me tonight. "

pretty.jpg

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
smokeymacpot said:
that looks like normal weed to me. would you be able to tell if it was glassed when breaking it up with your fingers? like it would feel gritty or sharp ?

best way to tell is too eat a small piece...

...real skunk weed doesn't have a glass/sand texture!

mace_ecam

sadly i have to tell you guys i got some of that crap down here in south germany
the "crystals" makes sounds like sand in your teeth, they are not sticky as they are supposed to be, and most of all, there is way too much it that it could be real trichomes.
The "sand" would burn however but not stay sticky, as its supposed to be.
this is grouse...

Thanks for the heads up DocLeaf!

mace

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yo,

How come this thread hasn't got a sticky yet??? I n I asked for one twice already!!!
Many people are making a campaign across Europe to make this problem widely known!

the dealers can't tell the difference any more ,,, neither can most smokers ,,, the government nah care (dem vampire) ,,, seems like ICmag don't care either :no:

Admin. please wake up!!! :D

so whats the score? whom be in cohoots with whom... ?

something still stinks,,, and its not the ganja ...!

action makes change!

peace dLeaf :joint:

''... If you a blood throw it up!''

Last edited:

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Ironically, the best people to be told about this would probably be the police - unlike us, they actually have the facilities and the manpower to stop it - as long as they know about it.

One benefit of home growing is that users aren't going to fall victim to low stunts like this, and that helps the police in the long run too - as the crims get more and more desperate to flog garbage, they become easier to spot and eliminate. Drugs information charities and med clubs also can get the word out to avoid it, especially if folks can get hurt consuming it!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
h g said:

WTF!!! Seems like we have the weapon and the motive,,, well spotted h g maxium respect for pulling these toads to light :yes:

Taken from said site:

"Wet Cure Application:
Removes chlorophyll, increases net weight, density, structure and natural aromas. Gently agitate approx. 2000g of freshly prepared organic matter with 1 litre of BRIX-Plus formula. Saturate for between 10 - 15 min. Separate and dry cure as normal."

Not sure if this stuff is the same (donating a layer of silcon/glass/sand on product) but it's unnatural so Im starting the campaign to rid this stuff from the commercial weed kids are smoking.... here's the plan of action.

1) We ALL boycot the company, and any stockiests, until they stop selling this chemical shit! If anyone can source the company that makes the stuff... (google doesn't hold much)... please name and shame them here!

2) The said company (whence uncovered) will be recieving lots of enquires(from this point forth) regarding this chemical product and its harmful effect up the cannabis community. I urge consciously minded people to do the same!

They best have some kcufing good answers, an all,,, or else their name is gonna be mud! It's time to get medieval with these money grabbing sluts!

word out and stand strong,
all an the yout' shall witness the day that babylom shall fall,,, like fire fall!

peace
DocLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

A.N.Other

Hi DocLeaf, interesting read this thread. I haven't bought herb for years now and this illustrates perfectly why! I feel for those unable to grow for whatever reason though.

For them I did a little searching and found a few references dotted over the web.

1:Source:UKCIA - UK Cannabis Internet Activists - The Website of the British Legalise Cannabis Campaigns (http://www.ukcia.org/forum/read.php?3,10056,page=2)

bad.analytical said:
Re: How bad is the contamination? =(
Posted by: bad.analytical (IP Logged)
Date: December 26, 2006 12:33AM

THIS IS A ONE-OFF POST- PLEASE CIRCULATE. VERY IMPORTANT.

I have done a basic analysis on the contaminants of 3 batches of bud from SW, SE and London- I have also seen similar samples from many, many sources, starting at the end of february 2006.

1: Under microscope at 50x magnification, contaminants appear as very small (50-120 um) beads, with regular circular shape and small pores/ single holes present.

2: Beads do not dissolve in non polar solvents (pet ether) or polar solvents (ethanol, acetone).

3: Beads are insoluble in conc NaOH solution, conc H2SO4.

4: Melting point is above 400C, but cannot perform TG, DTG analysis at the moment so cannot specify any transition temperatures or accurate melting points.

5: The beads have a significant sodium and silicon content, suggesting that the comments previously about silicates are correct.

6: Smoking this has resulted in mouth ulcers and sore throats/ chesty coughs which never occur when smoking normally due to the good health and only occasional cannabis use of the subject.

7: Reliable sources say that this contaminant is industrial etchant spray used for glass frosting, It is a high pressure aerosol of propellant, lubricant and silicate abrasives. This accounts for the high permeation levels displayed in all 3 samples, with particulates presents inside even 'tight' buds all the way into the stems. This also may account for the non plany oils present in the bud which have been previously described as a 'glue'

8: The same sources (and other independent sources) have corroborated the same story of the origin of this contamination. The main suppliers are from 2 major cities to the north of wales and are gangs from these two cities. Most people will guess where I mean as the post 'drought' supplies are mainly concentrated around these cities.

9: Obviously a further qualitative analysis is needed and I may be able to perform MS, IR, NMR and thermal methods on the samples, in particular the oil 'glue' and the gritty particulates.

10: DO NOT SMOKE THIS, IT MAY POSE A SIGNIFICANT HEALTH HAZARD AND WE MAY SEE A DRUG TAKING COMMUNITY CRISIS ON A LARGER SCALE THAN THE MPTP CRISIS OF THE EARLY 80'S.

BUYERS: PLEASE RECONSIDER BEFORE BUYING ANY MORE OF THIS, AND CONSIDER THE DAMAGE YOU MAY BE CAUSING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS.

PLEASE RE-READ POINT 7. IT IS THE MOST RELIABLE INDICATOR OF THE MOST OBSERVED CONTAMINANTS.
OTHER CONTAMINANTS SUCH AS NATURAL SAND ARE PROBABLY THE RESULT OF SUPPLIERS COPYING THE ETCHANT METHOD WITH WHATEVER THEY HAVE TO HAND.

I can't verify it's accuracy or authenticity.

2:Source:The Scotsman - Comments (online) (http://news.scotsman.com/opinion.cfm?id=1888302006#new)

Note the comments sectionlinking the shortage to to the rise in adulterated weed.

Availability of drugs
Click here to find out more!

You report (18 December) that the current police crackdown on cannabis farms has left drug dealers unable to meet demand; but such superficial successes in the "war on drugs" actually conceal catastrophic failures.

In 1968, in Edinburgh, an ounce of top-quality cannabis cost £8; the price today is around £240. In 1968, a gram of cocaine cost £80; now it is only £40 a gram. In other words, while one gram of cocaine used to cost the same as 10 ounces of cannabis, today the same gram costs less than a quarter-ounce.

Cannabis is now almost unavailable, yet any teenager can go into a pub and be "sorted" with cocaine in less than an hour. Surely this isn't what's meant by "Smart, Successful Scotland"?

ALAN GRANT
Glenluiart, Moniaive
Dumfriesshire

This article: http://news.scotsman.com/opinion.cfm?id=1888302006

Last updated: 20-Dec-06 00:35 GMT
Comments

1. ReverendPaul, Manchester / 1:51am 20 Dec 2006

£240 an ounce! For something for which you have no control of the quality or weight. You'd think there'd be a law against it. You're quite right in that the only thing acheived by the police is to push recreational cannabis users toward harder drugs, but you're getting ripped off if you're paying £240 an oz.

You might also think governments would drop policies that have been proven not to work but our weak politicians continue to lack the courage required to take the control of drugs off the criminals and regulate them.
Report as unsuitable
2. steven mc crossan / 6:47am 20 Dec 2006

Alan Grant is right. Government policy on drugs is a sham. Young peiple will always want to try a forbidden fruit and harder drugs are now more available.
Report as unsuitable
3. Derek23, Norwich / 10:58am 20 Dec 2006

Actually, it's worse than Alan suggests. Cannabis is available, but it's now heavily contaminated with what looks like fine grit/sand/glass. This happened within weeks of the raids against cannabis farms and is pretty clearly the result of the shortage these raids caused.

Why is this a problem? What is the effect of breathing sand/glass dust into the lungs likely to be? We could be about to see a health problem caused by this contaminated cannabis that dawfs any concerns about using the pure substance.

But this is a war on drugs where high levels of contamination are regarded as a measure of success. I know of no other government policy that actually sets out to increase harm as the drug war does.

As the recent debate surrounding heroin addicted prostitutes has illustrated, the present drugs policy is a complete and utter mess.
Report as unsuitable
4. aljok23, Staffs / 12:45pm 20 Dec 2006

Legalise Cannabis.
It is by far the sensible choice of drug for a smoker other than alcohol.
It is by far the most popular , therefore , these people deserve products with quality control.
Its less addictive than rice pudding.
Report as unsuitable
5. G, dundee / 1:18pm 20 Dec 2006

Oh Aljok - you've spoiled your argument with the last comment
Rice pudding addictive! More like adhesive.....
Aye were you partaking of the weed when you came up with that one? that'll be shiny bright
Report as unsuitable
6. aljok23, Staffs / 3:11pm 20 Dec 2006

G?
You have never partaken?

3:Source: BBC (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/6217130.stm)

Interestingly Cannabis is considered by the press a gateway drug if it is available and even more so when it is not!!

Young 'turning to cheaper heroin'
Smoking heroin
A tenth of a gram costs just £10, say users in Swansea
Teenagers in Swansea say they are smoking heroin because cannabis is almost impossible to buy.

The Class A drug can be bought for just £10 for a small bag of about 100mg, BBC Wales' Dragon's Eye was told.

A homelessness charity in the city said youths mistakenly believe they could use the drug safely.

Police confirmed that heroin's street price had halved in recent years but said Swansea had less of a drugs problem than other areas.

One youth told the programme it was very easy to buy heroin there.

He said: "You either know a dealer or you know someone who knows a dealer... some drugs are drying out and people are turning to harder things."

He said the price of heroin on the streets was £10 for 0.1 grams.

Another teenager said: "I've lived in Birmingham, Blackpool, Stoke-on-Trent, Leicester. The worst place for drugs is Swansea."

Some drugs are drying out and people are turning to harder things
Young drug user

Sarah O'Leary, of the Swansea Young Single Homeless Project, said the youngsters often believed they could handle the hard drug.

She said: "They do start using once or twice a week then in a couple of months its four, five, six times a week...(in) a year's time they could be using it every day.

"They just smoke it, then, when they don't get the same effect off smoking it they'll start injecting it and that is when it becomes a real issue."

Enforcement

Plaid Cymru AM Leanne Wood, who used to work as a probation officer, said she had seen numerous people who wrongly believed they could keep their heroin use under control.

She said the only way homeless teenagers could fund that sort of habit was by turning to crime.

A South Wales Police spokesman said the force was using "all available enforcement methods to arrest and deal with offenders."

He said: "We also work closely with local treatment agencies and wherever possible offer the facilities that are available to users of the drug in an attempt to break their habit."

The spokesman wanted to dispel any impression that Swansea's drug problem was particularly acute.

He said: "I can reassure you that this city has a much less problem with drugs than other places in England and Wales."

Dragon's Eye is on BBC 2W at 2100 GMT on Thursday, and on BBC One Wales at 2235 GMT.

I would be interested to read the text of any email sent to the retailer in question. Has anyone found any other hydro stores selling this product or any further details on the product?

Plant a seed, end the greed.

:wave:

Last edited:

ogrefugee

Official Tree Taster
Veteran
wow, you poor boys over there on the other side of the pond have my respect...

i'm sorry you have to go through all of this.

please stay safe!

wikidcalibudgrl

Hey now H_G ,,,, not all us Americans buy swagg,,, lmao, esp those lucky enough to live in cali,, we just grow the dank dank ourselves, and let the kiddies waste $$ on the nasties :D :wink: :tongue:

wikidcalibudgrl

Dank1 said:
Weed is actually cheap here, I get dank pressed weed 9g's for $25US and its dank not some mexi brick crap weed, no "Brix" added. Here in the us I have not seen any of this sillica weed thank god. The main reason why weed is so cheap in the US is because its all imported, mostly anyways. The only weed that is expensive here is homegrown indoor from Dutch genetics and for them to charge 10 a gram they better damn well know what strain it is, if your a medi weed user buying from a Compassion Club you will pay far more than buying from friends and frankly the 9 for 25 deal is better for me and the weed is just as good if not better sometimes, we even get pure Afghan Indicas, pure sativas, tasty hybrids, you name it we've got it here in the States all at a cheaper price, its just bricked.

What the hell??? I've NEVER heard of dank weed being "pressed":pointlaugh:
. that just sounds wierd to me,,, don't think I'd even consider buying Bricked up dank... bricking or pressing is left for the mexi sellers/buyers in my book. Best bet is to grow your own :D

G

I dont know how it is in europe.But here in the states are weed is grown by people in the states.Not imported,atleast thats how it is where i live.Sounds like some of you need to take some seeds/clones and o.g. your country,It sounds like your country has a problem with not enough supply,2 much demand.k++ to the poor people who had to smoke that shit.peace

A.N.Other

IMO part of the supply problem in the current climate in the UK is that there are too many muppets in the business, muppets bring poor security, casual violence, stupid mistakes and dumb bravado; that in turn brings in the old bill like a moth to a flame.

Growing herb commercially seems to be being marked as a gang activity right up there with cocaine import and gun factories by many parts of the press. As soon as guns and [even more] stigmatised substances [re]start being mentioned in the same articles/sentances as Cannabis people start to get out their reactionary sticks and beat everything in sight!

On an environmental note the lack of a decent outdoor season limits the ability to have huge outdoor cali/pnw style grows. This can't help supply.

Local grow co-ops are the best way, rope in close mates and you can soon be self sufficient.

Overgrow the greed, overgrow backwards laws, overgrow your god damn closet!! Grow!

Last edited:

killa-bud

Veteran
my qusetion is,how the fuck doesnt a pot head now if theres sand/glass on your buds?,take it out and fuckin look at it before you buy it,if the dealer dont like you dioing that,well then you shouldnt be buying from him/her....and i am sure sand/glass falls to the bottom of the bag... a bong would filter all that shit out i'ed think

G

^^Im sure most could tell the diff between sand and thc crystals,but some1 earlier said something about aspetos(excuse my spelling if its wrong)if thats true,that could be incredibly hard to see even under close observation with a magnifying glass or loupe.Ive never seen or even heard of this untill this thread and im totally freaked out about that,It had to of been a tweaker who thought this idea up,theres no way anybody who smokes bud would do that.Id be happy 2 put out a few hundred more plants if it means putting irresponsible scandalists pricks out of bizness.Sounds like everyone here in the states r gonna have to pick up the slack,canada 2.I have a ? is it street deala's or the coffeshops 2.I guess it dont matter.if the problem isnt takin care of quickly it will be everywhere coffeshops,street vendors,med clubs.I agree with the rest quit supporting the assholes they dont care about your health,so why should u care about puttin money in their pockets to put food on their tables.Cannabis can be in its own way addicting,but u cant tell me youd rather smoke that shit then quit,because if u did,then why r u complaining.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
killa-bud said:
my qusetion is,how the fuck doesnt a pot head now if theres sand/glass on your buds?

These cats are sharpe... take a look >>

There are plenty of kids (and adults) that don't know a piece of hash from a Thai stick, let alone adulterated skunk from normal skunk. Many of the dealers even think that certain grades of this bogus-skunk is real...lol

Many places in the UK, if you take a skunk back to a dealer,,, yo get a punch in the face! we're not in the states!

killa-bud said:
a bong would filter all that shit out i'ed think

we don't smoke this shit,,, we just take photos when we see a silicon sample...lol :biglaugh:

GROW YOUR OWN!

peace
dLeaf :joint:

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
oh shit, i had heard about this from a mate who got some. he only realized the problem when he started finding all this sandy shit on his glass table after rolling up.

such bastards, that's a horrible thing to do and karma will come back to such fuck faces a hundredfold. when it does they will feel like a ton of bricks have just landed on them.

i believe that it's normally speaking not the dealer who does this kind of thing. sad as it is, it's more likely to be the producer or his seller. dealers are getting sold this stuff without knowing the deal till they find out themselves.

it's a vicious circle, the dealer wants to smoke and make money so he sells the shit anyway. because this kind of stuff is not sold by the reputable guys, but by the fly by night fucks that show up when ever their is a dry up or drought in process. it used to be the same with the soap, now they are doing it with bud.

those are the real criminals imo!