What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

what is that pressed weed in Asia?

BongFu

hey,

i was travelling at Thailand and found that pressed weed there. for me it was good very smooth taste and super psychedelic dank. i think it was somekind of cob cured sativa. i'm not sure. that's why i'm here asking for more information. one guy speculated that it's from cambodia. one thai rasta told me it's maybe freight (trainwreck?). when smoked too much it was very paranoid aswell. powerful stuff still missing it.

i have to say this and it's crazyyy. when i had to leave back to my country i was really really really tired and watched my items 2x for any stuffs. okay finally landed to home and couple days later something dropped from between the book. can you imagine it was rolling tray made from paper with that same weed! my heartrate jumped little bit when i realized that i smuggled it from Asia holy sh1t! don't blame!

thanks already

Most of the Thai stick/brick getting around Thailand now comes out of Cambodia. Sounds a bit like what you may be talking about. Real pleasant happy high. The stuff that comes out of Myanmar smells like cats piss and is a paranoid high. Lao smoke varies a lot but the stuff in the south we smoked was world class sativa. Not sure what it was but got you as high as hell. The Myanmar stuff got you as high as hell as well but really not as pleasant a high. Still personal preference etc.

KiefRichards

hey,

i was travelling at Thailand and found that pressed weed there. for me it was good very smooth taste and super psychedelic dank. i think it was somekind of cob cured sativa. i'm not sure. that's why i'm here asking for more information. one guy speculated that it's from cambodia. one thai rasta told me it's maybe freight (trainwreck?). when smoked too much it was very paranoid aswell. powerful stuff still missing it.

i have to say this and it's crazyyy. when i had to leave back to my country i was really really really tired and watched my items 2x for any stuffs. okay finally landed to home and couple days later something dropped from between the book. can you imagine it was rolling tray made from paper with that same weed! my heartrate jumped little bit when i realized that i smuggled it from Asia holy sh1t! don't blame!

thanks already

I really hear you wutwut! Good sativa buzz no indica. Best was big condo chief thaiman who has good ganja! Fresh, best quality, no seeds. We laught laught and laught and loving Koh Samet ,Thailand

bobfily

The Asian market has learned to make the quality of its products through detailed consumer analysis. The sticky briquettes allow you to keep your products longer and increase the concentration of the active substance.

stashpot

Normally they are Thais, Laos and Cambodians, most of the stuff was garbage full of seeds and sticks very dark brown and didn't get you very high.. but i remember about 13 years ago maybe more we got some amazing batches of Laos or Cambodian the blocks where way smaller and not lumped together like bark layers and they had the lightest green you'll ever see, had virtually no seed or stems it was sticky and smelled amazing (I'm trying to remember the terps all i remember was musky peppery herbal spicey very earthy like nature) We got Blue, green and gold string 100g blocks i think?
maybe more could of been 200g.

Anyway they all had similarities but slight differences in tastes smells and highs.
If i remember correctly the green and gold where the very best of the Asian imports.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I had some outstanding compressed weed in Laos only a few years ago. Almost as good as the old Thai Stick, but without paranoia.:peacock:

Marz

Normally they are Thais, Laos and Cambodians, most of the stuff was garbage full of seeds and sticks very dark brown and didn't get you very high...

Holy crap!! I thought that this weef full of seeds, branches, leaves and everything that is close at the time of pressing, was only sold here in Brazil!!

Disgusting smoke, but keep the seeds!!! I found an ugly but good Paraguayan Sativa 6 years ago, but now these smugglers are growing skunks... And now I'm growing some kind of Paraguayan Skunk!!!

Reactions: Rgd

Hasselhoff1337

Bumping this shit. How does one do this himself? Just wrap a semi-dried bud into plastic and tape it and stash in a pit somewhere? Gotta be a best way.

Marz

Bumping this shit. How does one do this himself? Just wrap a semi-dried bud into plastic and tape it and stash in a pit somewhere? Gotta be a best way.
Smugglers. This is not used to cure nor to conserve the weed, but to decrease volume and make it easier to cross countries borders without being arrested by customs. But sometimes it works like a thc bomb and blows your mind off.
But some locals have different recipes like putting weed with cognac and honey inside a bamboo stick, burying it in the ground in a sunny area where it gets plenty of sun for a few days, in the end this turns into a mass of THC with the best terpenes that no herb has!

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
As far as cobs go, check out Tangwana's Cob Curing thread for all the info.

As for pressing those bricks...wonder how many ton press they use?

Marz

1705245676613.png

As far as cobs go, check out Tangwana's Cob Curing thread for all the info.

As for pressing those bricks...wonder how many ton press they use?
How many your arms can press?
Up to 20 tons with this manual truck lifter, used in Paraguay. Pressers are hand made. Most places have no electricity available. Pressed in 20Kg sacks, they use to cut in 1Kg pieces for easier transportation.
Farmers prefers to drink alcohol, the ones who smoke weed likes the "gorilla fingers" sized blunts.

I believe in Asia is just the same.

Source: https://apublica.org/web-stories/como-nasce-o-prensado/
A day with smugglers: https://sul21.com.br/noticias/geral/2017/08/destrinchando-maconha-paraguaia/

Lebanizer

yeah, i know , ganja is Ultra psachedelic, its a hallucinogen! You just got one of the Gemstone-Lines , not the average one.
What you got i cant make out clear enough, also dont i know exact enough how Thai viet laos cambod differs.

But, i have seen a couple pics already from all those countries . Rather not Vietnamese, most likely laos, cambod, rather dont look like thai . It Looks like Abit more eastern then thai . but not as eastern as Vietnam..

so: Laos or cambod

Based on the seditative effect-description, was the seditative bud, same brick as the trippy one? Ayway i also agree that the trippyest se asian weed can also be seditative . It is bouth fast and slow, i mean the 70s old gemstone lines. but the seditative side is rather reported from cambod, laos, viet. Could been due to other influences BUT like said there is a nice couchlock, but with Zero Depression anxiety, no just seditative. So, i would not relate this clearly to external indica genetics.

And upload a much higher Pixel Picture if like
What do you mean by "eastern" ?