What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Going to Nepal or North India long term

Rinse

Veteran
Greets weed travellers, Ive recently had the idea of going to Nepal or N. India for a long term break, maybe 2 months maybe 6...
I think around the harvest season september/october.

Obviously I chose this location not just for its astounding beauty, but the shitloads of weed.

Are there places safe to live for a while in the mountains, surrounded by wild weed plants, and to not be harrassed or bothered, is this possible and what would be the living cost?

I want to not only smoke hash but make weed juice from the leaves, (basically blend the leaves and filter the juice, mix with mango juice)
This is a health tonic and doesnt get you high but enhances the buzz of what you're smoking.

So is this just a dream that there are plentiful weed plants that people wont mind me picking/rubbing?

I dont need 5 star accomidation but would like somewhere decent.

Just planning it really if I think I can do it I will go for it.
Peace.

hom

Veteran
Hey Rinse...sounds like a nice plan. The mountains in October will be really amazing and they should be covered with wild jungli plants everywhere. No one owns these ladies but the locals will be out rubbing. If ya see a local just ask if it's cool....don't wanna be robbin someones garden. You can find lots of places to stay that are safe and if you have a card you can get cash up there too. There are lots of small villages in the valley, all of them covered in weed but some may be a mission to trek to. Prices may rise for accomodation in the harvest season as its also high tourist season. Rooms for 3-400 rupees a night. Cheaper outta the big villages. Watch out for winter up there though...it comes in fast and before ya know it the roads are closed and your stuck up there for 4 months in the snow. Open fires and chillums. Most people follow the sun and head back for the plains when winter arrives as the locals all work in Goa for that season(Nov-Apr). Nepal is also an amazing place to visit. You will have a brilliant experience wherever you plan on going. Have a good one lad.

Rinse

Veteran
Thanks Hom, sounds promising, Ive been to Kerala and loved it.
I was paying similar price for a room, and 800 rupees for an ounce of weed if I remember right (tourist price but I was happy as fook for an oz).
Can you reccomend any place in particular?
Would Nepal or N.India be better for wild charas rubbing?
What airports do you land at and where do you go from there?
Cheers bro.

hom

Veteran
Yo Rinse..kerala sounds nice but I never got down there. Was in Gokarna and Hampi and the weed is definitely well grown down there. For the mountains North India is better for me. The flights to Delhi from Dublin are 500 euro. Flight to Kathmandu is 850. Also the roads are slightly better in India and the wild plants are easier to get to. The Parvati valley is literally covered in wild weed. Also the whole journey from Chandigarh in the plains to manali in kullu valley is under a weed blanket. It is everywhere. I had to stand on the poor bastards on my way to the shop. All the villages along the valley are nice and scenic and have accomodation and weed growing everywhere. My personal plan is to land in Delhi and then catch a connecting flight to Kullu airport in Bhuntar....this is at the beginning of the Parvati valley and a great starting point. Return flights lookin at 160 euro. When you heading over lad....i gonna be up there too in October.. we can meet up for a smoke in the mountains..

Rinse

Veteran
India it is then, I had a look at flights and there is some that include the Delhi to Kullu flight so that makes it easier, still 3 planes to get to kullu though lol.
I cant say for sure Il be there this year but if so I will give you a shout bro.
Cant wait to be waiding through weed to get to the shop lol, sounds like a real adventure.

C

Carlos Danger

Oh also the USD just rebounded yesterday afternoon and the rupee has been falling like mad. 1usd = 66.12 rupees.

Bogey

The black opiated hash in nepal was the best i ever smoked..I would fly there if i was assured of getting it. Indias hash iust OK but not compared to nepal

Rinse

Veteran
Oh also the USD just rebounded yesterday afternoon and the rupee has been falling like mad. 1usd = 66.12 rupees.

Whoa.

The black opiated hash in nepal was the best i ever smoked..I would fly there if i was assured of getting it. Indias hash iust OK but not compared to nepal

Il tell you what always made me avoid opium, apparently it can cause nausia? That would immediately kill my buzz.

Dkgrower

Veteran
RINSE DO IT - Banjar vally saint vally is fun and not so visit places like paravati vally

also northern parts off uttar pradesh borders up to nepal are worth while - not the best hash but the pepol are more nice because there is not so much hash dealing just simpel mountain pepol..

Try and go to some places that not everybody goes to

Btw if you want the full mountain exp go in spring and when the mousun comes mid summer go above the rothang pass to either spity - ladak and upper parts off kashmir kargil - zanskar vally and then return back to harvest season when the monsun is gorn end summer and join the harvest madness and on that aspect things get alittel hairy in with police and such but the best time to get high quality that need to be stored -

I dont enjoy paravati vally any more in harvest time but love it in the spring - harvest time there are less popular vallys that are more shanty...

Bom SHIVA

ningning

I want to not only smoke hash but make weed juice from the leaves, (basically blend the leaves and filter the juice, mix with mango juice)
This is a health tonic and doesnt get you high but enhances the buzz of what you're smoking.
how?you mean it can drink like drink orange juice?
can't image that?haven't drink leaf juice?but tineture is enough to kill me?it's bitter and astringent?every time i take a sip?i shiver

Gry

Yes, cannabis can be put in a drink using a variety of different approaches.
The drinks are nice, and will leave you with a smile rather than a shiver.