What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Sri Lanka?

thebigz0

Anybody have experience scoring in Sri Lanka? Just looking for a general overview of the scene... prices, potency, police problems?

Probably going to spend some time at the beach and some time in the mountains, haven't decided where exactly. Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

vostok

Veteran
I havn't returned to Sri since the government murdered all the Tamils in the massacre a few years ago, better cleaner and more honest places to go , these days

vaistyle

I was there last year. Didn't smoke but can give you some information.

Weed and charas is easily obtained at sea sides, special at surf places. In Arugan Bay there was smell of good imported hash everywhere.

Weed is outdoor grown and quite low quality from what I heard. Somebody told me that mafia is growing it in jungle and that's around 1m-1,5m tall when cut down.

I have no idea about the prices.

You shouldn't have problems with police if you smoke where others are smoking. One more thing, smoking is forbidden in public, even tobacco so keep it privet and everything will be OK.

That's all information I have, hope something help.

thebigz0

So, I'm back... I spent some time in the mountains and some time at the beach. Wish I would've had something to smoke in the hills, as it was amazingly beautiful, but didn't acquire anything.

Ended up buying some herb off a fisherman in Arugam Bay. Bargained down to 3000 rupees for 10 of these newspaper wrapped portions of cannabis. It was typical SE Asian stuff... smells a little like hay, seeded, not well trimmed. The effects were standard too. It did the job, but was nothing memorable.

The local stoners were talking about KG (Kerala Gold) and imported hash ($100US/tola) as being the good stuff. Didn't get a chance to partake, unfortunately.

picture.php

Terroir

hi mate

i did a post on sri lanka years back. No the quality was not great. However as i was leaving i was told about one beach hotel at a bay that had the good stuff. Folks were complaining it was to strong.

Also up at 2000m high town in the mountains that i cant remember the name iwas shown a bag of good looking weed but had no time, was trying to cross the country in a day and to be honest wasnt intersted. Had other shit on my mind like where the fuck is my passport. A few days in each town over 1000 meters and im sure you would score.

I believe the good stuff is there. From ella in the east all through the high lands the tea tamils must be growing some nice stuff.

The govt has large plantations in the south for medicinal purposes.

I will be back. its a great place. There isnt a country on earth that hasnt experienced war. I can live with that. We missed a major bombing in the north of the country by a few hours. Killed a lot of folks. After we left the war started up and the masacres began.

Its a great place if you love nature and trecking and curry. Good fishing too.

The lion will always fear the tiger. that was some political graffiti i saw in Kandy. Written in english it stuck with me.

Supaseeds

my neigbour was there, sayed that weed is crap, but nepal hash was somewhat ok, but still nothing of like really great quality, like we have at home :p

jarmon

hi mate

i did a post on sri lanka years back. No the quality was not great. However as i was leaving i was told about one beach hotel at a bay that had the good stuff. Folks were complaining it was to strong.

Also up at 2000m high town in the mountains that i cant remember the name iwas shown a bag of good looking weed but had no time, was trying to cross the country in a day and to be honest wasnt intersted. Had other shit on my mind like where the fuck is my passport. A few days in each town over 1000 meters and im sure you would score.

I believe the good stuff is there. From ella in the east all through the high lands the tea tamils must be growing some nice stuff.

The govt has large plantations in the south for medicinal purposes.

I will be back. its a great place. There isnt a country on earth that hasnt experienced war. I can live with that. We missed a major bombing in the north of the country by a few hours. Killed a lot of folks. After we left the war started up and the masacres began.

Its a great place if you love nature and trecking and curry. Good fishing too.

The lion will always fear the tiger. that was some political graffiti i saw in Kandy. Written in english it stuck with me.

Will have a search for your original post. Recommend the place for a visit for sure. The place has some brutal history but awesome people and scenery and food.

Was offered weed almost every day often for free. Seems like it has become a bit more liberal in recent years but as always discretion is advised consider your safety first. I came across some very fresh very uplifting sativa at around 1000 metres above sea level. Unfortunately didn't get to see any of the plants. Spoke to some rasta lads at around the 1900 metre mark who had attempted grows up there but they reckon it isn't as good.

Had a look at the KG on offer and it looked like shit. The locals who were smoking it seemed nice and stoned though. Hash prices were exorbitant so I didn't bother with that.

Three words though: go to Ella.

Terroir

Ella oh Ella.

The view down to the dusty plain is forever etched in my memory.

I only spent a day there each way from ABAY. So beautiful. It had the vibe, i didnt get to see any there though.

Edgey

Has anyone been on holiday here in October ?
Ive been looking for somewhere new to try but the wife is a sun worshipper and ive read the weather can be a bit hit and miss at that time of year
Thanks
Edgey

Terroir

October is a change over season. I mostly went east coast. Ella previously mentioned has the reverse monsoon from most of SE asia. When South Sri Lanka experiences monsoon Ella and the East coast are dry. When The south is dry, Monsoon rages on the other side of the island. Sri Lanka is quite south. In my basic weather theory it shouldnt cop cyclones like India etc does. PLaces i couldnt visit thanks to the civil war such as Trincomalee are supposed to be absolutely fantastic and you may or may not get weather at that time of the year. In Oz the monsoon is never constant. My friend from cairns is staying with us at the moment, escaping the northern heat. The rain has not hit yet, just the heat. You never know in the tropics. Its always warm, rain is around. Will it bucket all day or shower at night. That my friend is a question i cannot answer.

Edgey

October is a change over season. I mostly went east coast. Ella previously mentioned has the reverse monsoon from most of SE asia. When South Sri Lanka experiences monsoon Ella and the East coast are dry. When The south is dry, Monsoon rages on the other side of the island. Sri Lanka is quite south. In my basic weather theory it shouldnt cop cyclones like India etc does. PLaces i couldnt visit thanks to the civil war such as Trincomalee are supposed to be absolutely fantastic and you may or may not get weather at that time of the year. In Oz the monsoon is never constant. My friend from cairns is staying with us at the moment, escaping the northern heat. The rain has not hit yet, just the heat. You never know in the tropics. Its always warm, rain is around. Will it bucket all day or shower at night. That my friend is a question i cannot answer.

Thanks for the input 👍 I don't mind a bit of rain personally . Just the Mrs to persuade now 😄

jarmon

^It's not quite as cheap as that these days. Things are nowhere near as grim as they were then either though. Intermonsoonal season would probably be a good time to go as the numbers of tourists and prices wont be so high as during the peak times.

Pottuvil and Abay seem to have bounced back even though we were there in the east coast low season. The south coast resort towns were thriving despite the travel warnings about the election.

nirab

Hi I spent a month on the beaches about 6 years ago, can’t remember the names of the top of my head, the weed was awful in fact worse than awful a joke an insult, they wanted 10 dollars for a bunch of sticks(literally a bunch of sticks) and all the beach dudes had the same. I bought once got about 4 joints once had cleaned the sticks of mostly leaf. Would not recommend going to Sri Lanka. Better going to kerela in south India or Karnataka, south India much cheaper better weed . In fact after 30 years of travelling and smoking Sri Lanka is worst country I’ve been. Any more questions or need information let me know.