What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Seed Seek in Asia

Mr.Jones

so im going to asia: cambodia, vietnam and thailand in some time and i actually wanted to know in which countries i wont get in trouble for looking for seeds. i want to bring home some landraces to spread/breed/cultivate ...

i guess in thailand this isnt such a good idea, about cambodia i read they are pretty liberal there and vietnam ive actually found no info about cannabis!

i dont want to smoke there - just seeds

Andyo

Veteran
i live thailand

i live thailand

chances are any weed you buy to get seed will have come from laos n isnt landrace .good luck .A

Mr.Jones

hm yeah that is my fear as well! is there any chance that i could get access to landraces in small villages (i heard in vietnam they are selling seeds for food) ...

Andyo

Veteran
well yes up north but your getting close to shan territory hmong and chan are good people but much smuggling n suspicion around damn yaba is coming in n rangers looking for that n the china white coming through,
theres malaria up north i got japanese encephalitis in shan state.A

Mr.Jones

chances are any weed you buy to get seed will have come from laos n isnt landrace .good luck .A
i just read that you actually live in thailand! very nice!
well yes up north but your getting close to shan territory hmong and chan are good people but much smuggling n suspicion around damn yaba is coming in n rangers looking for that n the china white coming through,
theres malaria up north i got japanese encephalitis in shan state.A
sounds very nasty to me!
Good luck in your travels!

A very worthy trip indeed, may it yeild beyond measure!

:friends:

thabks - if ill find some good genes that would be awesome - but im mainly there to see the country! :) love the food and havent been to asia yet!

does anybody know about the legal situation in those areas - i sure dont wanna get busted for drug possesion and end up in a nasty prison there!

thanks for your help

ohh my, if you are going to SEA make sure you plan to stay for 10 or more years, otherwise you're crazy if you leave..crazy! Herb is easy to find in asia, lol and if you're worried about the law then carry an extra $40 with you to give to any shady police. they just want to eat and live life as best as possible, the're not looking to lock up travelers. sabaidimai
I found some really nice brick with seeds down south and up north there are a lot of jungle sativas.

Everything I came across except the brick was ok, the brick was actually really speedy, strong and overpowering for me.

Oh and I left so I'm certifiably nuts, so don't end up like me and have a sweet trip!:wave:

Mr.Jones

ohh my, if you are going to SEA make sure you plan to stay for 10 or more years, otherwise you're crazy if you leave..crazy! Herb is easy to find in asia, lol and if you're worried about the law then carry an extra $40 with you to give to any shady police. they just want to eat and live life as best as possible, the're not looking to lock up travelers. sabaidimai
I found some really nice brick with seeds down south and up north there are a lot of jungle sativas.

Everything I came across except the brick was ok, the brick was actually really speedy, strong and overpowering for me.

Oh and I left so I'm certifiably nuts, so don't end up like me and have a sweet trip!:wave:

what do you mean by SEA? - sounds good to me so far :)

motaloca

SEA South East Asia,
What Andyo said is true, most of the weed sold in SEA is grown in lao and made from dutch hybrids.
The brick weed is definetely from Lao we get it here all the time it can be very strong and good depending on age and storing most weed just gets thrown in plastic bags.
It's almost impossible to find true landraces, but I wish you luck.
ps. I live in Cambodia

Mr.Jones

SEA South East Asia,
What Andyo said is true, most of the weed sold in SEA is grown in lao and made from dutch hybrids.
The brick weed is definetely from Lao we get it here all the time it can be very strong and good depending on age and storing most weed just gets thrown in plastic bags.
It's almost impossible to find true landraces, but I wish you luck.
ps. I live in Cambodia

haha obviously ... damn.

too bad i hoped i actually can just walk in the backcountry and get some seeds :blowbubbles:, i mean i dont need dutch hybrids - have like tons of them. i would like to start my own small line ;)

does somebody know how the situation is on sri lanka?

osman

I am in china, heading to SEA doing much the same as you. It is sad to hear about the low probability of finding land races in SEA as I am heading to Laos after china. Could any one recommend any places that there would be chances of finding some? I was going to go to nepal but have heard from many it is not a good time to go, so I am going to head down to dali and hang in and around there then onto laos. Any recommendation motaloca for cambodia both tourist related and ganja related?

I found some seeds in xian, but apparently it is shipped from Texas, and is called royal queen. It was ok.

I found some local brown plastic bag swag full of seeds up in Luang Probang. There's no way this is foriegn seed cus its lanky stringy type sativa, cheap too, but won't do much for you. Look into the different villages that can be visited w a guide throughout Thailand and Lao. I was offered some poorly grown green in a small village up in Chiang Mai area, though I didnt' pick it up as it was really poorly grown in the mountains there.

Anyone been to Burma/Myanmar lately? I think that's my next stop in the SEA tour.

Areebok

try manila philippines dude... its cheap to stay here and we got great weed up in the mountain ranges... though you can still quite get luck here in manila and also for the seeds, you can prolly just mail it to yourself from here, and seeds are often found in buds that you get here... some strains here are subject to being hermaphrodites but i guess that's just because it grows wild in the mountain side...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

these are pictures of buds that you can get in manila.. but then these are dried and cured already... kept some seeds from these buds too... hope you enjoy our landrace... i believe also we have our own lemon haze and purple haze strains that grows in sagada :)
i'm thinking if our landrace crosses with a good indica its gonna be one kick ass plant my friend... our weed is untouched sativa btw :)

- Respect from the Philippine Islands

osman

Areebok are you still in the Philippines ? I want to head down there and any info you could give me would be great! Also is it risky to buy weed there? Gonna nap and be back for another reply

Areebok

yes i still am in the philippines osman... ill try to keep my posts up to 50 so we can chat. there is always some risk when it comes to scoring some stash but as long as you don't parade around with a joint or a pipe or whatever in hand, you're pretty much okay here :)
let's keep in touch bro and hopefully we could help you out while you are here in manila...

Awaiting Your Arrival for a warm Filipino Welcome
-bok

osman

hey rather odd question but say I make it to the phillipines some time in jan or feb \, where would you recommend going? also staying in hostels and what not how far do you think 44000 (1000 usd) peso would last?

Areebok

hey osman! 44000 pesos would go a long way if you dont spend it on fancy accomodations... just some decent motels or hostels would do... :) just tell me what kind of action you're looking for and ill try to point you to the right direction ;) btw, some motels cost around 600 a night? give or take a little maybe :) and a simple meal would prolly be around 150 pesos so i would think you'd be aryt with 1000 usd

osman

Shhh man I just wanna hang a little, try some ok weed, meet a beautiful Filipino girl, and see some nice places. What are the laws like requesting marijuana there?