Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the ancients sleep on weed beds and pillows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the ancients sleep on weed beds and pillows?

Just like the thread asked. Did the ancients have enough weed to accomplish this and was this normal.ive heard swedes use the term pillow before refrencing alot of pot.discuss please

Hemp fabric dates back to over 10000 years and hemp wasn't only used to make fabric. It was and still is used to make hundreds if not thousands of different products beside being used as weed/hash.

So I think that should answer your question.

https://timeshempcompany.com/2017/01...clothing-made/
    ​​​​​​

Comment

Hemp was good for loads of stuff, but not beds. Some straw, but mostly pine and other pest resistant material was used to sleep on. It was replaced often enough for the job to be given a name we still use today. "Making The Bed" was probably a weekly job. The new foam beds are fine if you're light, but if you're heavy (~225), it's not so good.

I had a feather bed and pillow when I was a kid. A feather bed was ok as long as no one else slept in it because they'd fuck it up. A feather bed is not that great anyway because you can't fluff it up so easily and you end up in a pit. But I still use a feather pillow. Pillows were made of lots of stuff. Unhusked Buckwheat was used if it was available when I was a kid. You can still get them. Water and mold resistant, and it's pretty heavy and shapes perfectly. If you can get your hand on one, get it! If you whack someone in the head with it, you'll give them a concussion. Same with a feather pillow.

Fuck the My Pillow Guy and all the other supposedly miracle pillows. I tried about 20 different pillows over the years including water and hydro garbage. I get mine made king sized with 20% down on the outside, and 80% double stuffed feather core. It's expensive but if I'm going to spend a third of my life with my head on it, I'll do it comfortably.
      ---
      Now using a 5 Gallon Passive CO2 Blaster

Comment

I'm with you Tycho. Feather pillows - nothing else is like a good feather pillow. And I do consider myself an expert, since I was a road warrior for 40 years and I have slept on a shitload of pillows.

Historically? I think a nice animal pelt on straw would be preferred over scratchy hemp.
        Current Grow: Showdown: Barney's Pink Kush vs Ultimate Pink Kush
        Last Grow - Mixed Autos Is it Time for Show & Tell?
        Arguing on the net is like yelling in space.

Comment

Yeah, hemp either dries too brittle or rots. A beaver pelt would be orgasmic. lol
          ---

Comment

Originally posted by TychoMonolyth View Post
            Yeah, hemp either dries too brittle or rots. A beaver pelt would be orgasmic. lol
            Mink is a lot nicer than beaver.

My father and 1 of my brothers are trappers so I've seen many fur types my entire life.
            I'm probably up to no good.

Terpene Amplification

Comment

Originally posted by troutman View Post

Mink is a lot nicer than beaver.

My father and 1 of my brothers are trappers so I've seen many fur types my entire life.
              Obviously we're not talking about the same strain of beaver. But I did date a mink in college and she was pretty special. lol
              ---

Comment

Obviously we're not talking about the same strain of beaver. But I did date a mink in college and she was pretty special. lol
                I'm probably up to no good.

Terpene Amplification

Comment

I took my feather pillow to a slumber party and came home with the title belt

Comment

Originally posted by midwestkid View Post
                    I took my feather pillow to a slumber party and came home with the title belt
                    My brother put my cousin in the hospital with one. Split his head on the corner of a wall after getting his legs taken out from under him. There was six of us all about the same age (13-15). We'd get someone to run past the hallway and we'd try to knock him down by throwing the pillows. You can really whip those suckers.

Ask me what we used to do with our pellet guns at the cottage. Yup. A live shooting gallery! My son begged me for years for a pellet gun and the answer was always a quick "NO". lol
                    ---

Comment

My brother put my cousin in the hospital with one. Split his head on the corner of a wall after getting his legs taken out from under him. There was six of us all about the same age (13-15). We'd get someone to run past the hallway and we'd try to knock him down by throwing the pillows. You can really whip those suckers.

Ask me what we used to do with our pellet guns at the cottage. Yup. A live shooting gallery! My son begged me for years for a pellet gun and the answer was always a quick "NO". lol
                      LOL sounds like we had similar up-bringing.

Comment

Switzerland could sell hemp pillows until 1998. They were for smell therapy. Not 'officially' aimed at smokers. A shop was eventually found to be selling them, knowing it would be smoked. Big fine and the law change followed.

Comment

could she type like a secretary? 😀
                          smoking more pot is NOT the answer to my problems. my problem is that i need more problems that smoking more pot IS the answer to...

Comment

Originally posted by armedoldhippy View Post

could she type like a secretary? 😀
                            She was more of a dicktator. lol
                            ---

Comment

Working...
                            X