What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Do Men Assume Women Can't Grow?

grammychronic

i am woman! i grow my own! i guess i never gave too much thought about it until now.....in my little area, its probably 50-50 women vs men growers....
i learned most of what i know from a woman about growing.....
my hubby however had to build the greenhouse :-}}}
gc
:p

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
grammychronic: Yes, I can surely relate, especially when trying to do some of the construction, i could never have gotten things like heavy carbon filters in place (suspended from ceiling) without help! Those things are freaking heavy!

dg

Sinfuldreams

Basement Garden Gnome
Veteran
JLP said:
The reason we assume not many women grow is that we assume that not many women smoke.
Most of us have had girlfriends or wives that didn't approve and it seems to me at least,that wemon that do smoke aren't as hardcore about it.
The obvoius problem here is that we need more women like you that not only smoke and grow,but excell at it.

JLP:)

I know only 4 women that smoke and only one that smokes more than me. None of them grow.
My GF wants to learn and thinks I'm teaching her, when infact she's teaching me....Shuuush!
Very question she asks either makes me go look for the answer or reenforces what I already know.
I try not to Assume male, female, race , religion, sexual preference, or anything.
But sometimes you do.
I admitt Dutchgrowen. I thought you might be male with a hot Armstrong Avatar. ( I think he's the artist of that Pic. )

mybeans420

resident slackass
Veteran
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!

i happen to know several women growers out here that regularly outdo many of the male growers i know. they seem to be much more loving and attentive to thier babies.
i'm proud to say that i helped one of these fine ladies along the way teaching hers when she first started. she took to it like a duck to water and has since taught another friend of hers. also a woman.
i think AT FIRST that women might be a little more intimidated, at least here in the states, but are just as good as any male grower once they get started and fall in love with it.

150% equal? :p 100% no more, no LESS.;)

G

guest123

its a shame there isnt more women growers as you say dg , they produce a beautiful product more often than not ... must be that earth mother kinda deal , dunno , but they sure seem to have the touch the ones ive seen , yourself included .... just a little more fussy than a lot of guys are and the product is better presented often ... thumbs up for the lady growers ....

G

guest123

these next buds were all grown by women , dutchgrowns are the second 2 included , im pretty sure most guys would have a hard time competing with those now wouldnt you ??? i know they humbled me ....
7DCP_0024-med.jpg

7dutchgrown_bud-med.jpg

7c99-on-gypsys-box-med.jpg

Gamera

I think they might just be better at keeping secrets. It's only natural that they'd be better at growing.
Gamera
p.s.
You mean they let men on here ?
As a monster, I'm immune. Kinda like Morrisey, sep different.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Actually Cannabob1 I found, especially if having a full blown case of PMS, :mad: ....the trichome production on all my plants seemed to take a drastic upswing.... :p Of course this is a hormonal thang and sure it's something you 'guys' just can't relate to nor understand. :D That's just another thing that makes us lady growers unique ;)

dg

G

the only women growers i have ever heard of are online, nobody i know that is a female grows herb around here... yeah im sure there are a good number of em, but like i said, not that i know.

also, i really doubt that a products quality has anything to do with the sex of the grower, much much much more so the environment (ie C02/nutes/lighting/temp/)

why do women think that they can grow BETTER than men?

just because they are women?

yes i'm 100% positive that there are thousands of female growers out there , and im 100% certian that a lot of those women grow some supa fly buds.... but for real , how can anyone even think that women grow plants better than men? it's laughable to even read a statement like that. these plants grow outside in the wilderness away from all human contact in many cases , neither man or woman interfering.... i bet this is some good grass too depending on the LOCATION AND ENVIRONMENT!

har har

anyway, nothing against women or women growers or anything like that , best of luck to you all (and i'm sure i need that luck more than a lot of you!).... but to say that 1 sex can GROW A PLANT THAT REQUIRES NO HUMAN CONTACT TO GROW is funny to me.

THC

Coventina

"the only women growers i have ever heard of are online, nobody i know that is a female grows herb around here... "

Simply we do not have the urge to "swing our dicks" :>

"why do women think that they can grow BETTER than men?"

I just think i grow well:>

Here is a picture of a little girl power....

1546coven_sbud.jpg

BridesNightie

Well! Gob-smacked I am! :p

I only grow a couple of plants at a time and use a 400hps in a tubbler set up.
I only grow for myself and am happy enough with the results.

Though I assume this whole thread is tongue in cheek, this Buddhist quote springs to mind:

Winning gives birth to hostility.
Losing, one lies down in pain.
The calmed lie down with ease,
having set winning & losing aside.

(Samyutta Nikaya III, 14)

cheers, bridie

Teresa

Tree Grower
Veteran
FARMER thank you for the big thumb's up my freind!!;)

Coventina
You grow girl!!!I had to look twice as i though some1 had stole one of my pic's!!!Our room's look so much alike well done!!

mos_butterfly

you make me proud

you make me proud

i love to see a lady with beautiful ladies, especially when shes growin and i must say DG you give all us chicks a good name in the growin circle. thank you and peace

skunkygreenjean

i think so 2

i think so 2

My chick kills me. Shes got the green thumb, we have the same setups and hers consistently pull 2-4 oz more. I swear we do everything identical i make sure.

G

Women growers? I thought that was an Urban Myth. Like Men that ask for directions. Ha Ha. Ladies I'm just busting your..........chops? I myself wish I knew some women growers. Boy if I find me a nice one I'm marrying her. Then take cuttings of her and sell them to people. Wait....... did I say that? Been on this site too long. Either way More Chicks With Pics. Grow on ladies.

Blatant

phishy212

I havent seen to many chicks growin at the caliber of Dg eventhough i just got cut from the lottery because of the people who dont know that this site is more than just the lottery all newbies suffer but hey what can ya do it's only temporary i just hope that those same people dont just write cheesy posts to get their number up,and then the number of posts gets raised again that would suck but sorry for going off just upset at those people who take advantage but props to DG for being such a super growin chick